PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical question

The_WARDen
12-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Say that Ben pulled off the miracle yet again and the Steelers actually scored at the end.

Would you as a coach go for 2 and the win, or risk losing the coin toss in OT with the Steeler D being swiss cheese?

I think I might have leaned towards going for 2.

TackleMeBen
12-17-2007, 11:28 AM
go for two. you always go for the win.. just look at what happen to the ravens when they didnt go for the td to win the game against miami

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-17-2007, 11:41 AM
Always go for the tie....always.

fansince'76
12-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Always go for the tie....always.

:iagree:

TackleMeBen
12-17-2007, 11:44 AM
i dont know..with the way our d was playing. i think i would have went for the win instead of giving jax a chance to win it on the first set of downs if they won the toss.. they were running like banshees on us yesterday

Rotorhead
12-17-2007, 11:49 AM
The tie, it is 50/50 for us getting the flip and we were moving the ball well in the 4th anyway. At least after the tie, they HAVE to drive it down the field to win so you have numerous options for turnovers or even (as unlikely as it would have been yesterday) a chance to stop them.

The_WARDen
12-17-2007, 11:51 AM
normally, I got for OT and take my chances but yesterday's performance gave me no confidence that the D could stop them if they were to win the toss.

Also, extra points weren't gimmes either...JAX holder and kicker screwed up 2 of them.

Edman
12-17-2007, 12:03 PM
With the way this Defense has been playing, no.

All he needed was ONE Stop, ONE stop. Nope, the Jax runners gashed them again and again.

BAS
12-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Say that Ben pulled off the miracle yet again and the Steelers actually scored at the end.

Would you as a coach go for 2 and the win, or risk losing the coin toss in OT with the Steeler D being swiss cheese?

I think I might have leaned towards going for 2.

With the conditions the way they were, and the D beat to hell in the second half of that game.... go for 2.

Of course, Arians would have called another trick play that the Jags would have sniffed out and broken up anyway.

Dino 6 Rings
12-17-2007, 12:38 PM
you play for overtime. pulling off 2 two point conversions would be tricky and you lose for sure if you don't get it, when you have at least a chance in the OT.

Crushzilla
12-17-2007, 12:55 PM
The tie, it is 50/50 for us getting the flip and we were moving the ball well in the 4th anyway. At least after the tie, they HAVE to drive it down the field to win so you have numerous options for turnovers or even (as unlikely as it would have been yesterday) a chance to stop them.

Exactly, right.

Going for the win is very ballsy. I would have, and the Steelers would have, went for one.