PDA

View Full Version : So time to look ahead

Rotorhead
12-17-2007, 11:40 AM
Well after that disappointing loss, it is time to move on. We have an important game in just a few days. Questions for us now:
Can we stop the running game of the Rams? (Hope so)
Can we move the ball effectively? (Should be able to)
If Ike is indeed out, who will replace him? (Biggest question IMO)

We really need someone/something to light a fire under this teams butt, they need to come out wanting this game/division. They will have a nice long rest afterwards to heal up some bumps and bruises and prepare the a must win with the Ravens. (It is must win cause if they lose thursday they need for the playoffs, if they win against the Rams they need it for the division crown).

Go Steelers!

Dino 6 Rings
12-17-2007, 12:27 PM
McFadden replaces Ike.

Yes, we should be able to stop the run, but then again, Jackson is pretty studley and our defense is getting killed. So we'll see.

We should be able to put up points against a suspect Rams defense and get to 10 wins.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-17-2007, 01:03 PM
If Ike Taylor is out, we would have a cornerback set of:

#1 Cornerback: Deshea Townsend
#2 Cornerback: Bryant McFadden

I hope Ike can play, because all McFadden has shown me this season is that he is really good at getting pass interference calls against him.

I think Ben can light up the Rams piss poor secondary with ease, as long as our receivers catch the damn ball.

Dino 6 Rings
12-17-2007, 01:25 PM
We "should" be able to pressure the Rams QB as well and maybe we can actually generate some turnovers this week and put our offense in a good position more often.

CanadianSteel
12-17-2007, 03:04 PM
As a fan I am actually glad its a short week... less time to complain about Sunday and hoping we can get a much needed win Thursday night.
Teams like the Rams and Ravens at home scare me when the have nothing to play for but pride. I really wanted to see the last game vs Ravens as a rest week for some of the injured but it looks as though that will not likely happen.

Da Steeler Soprano
12-17-2007, 03:09 PM
The game agasint the Ravens wont be a rest game even if we win thurs and the Browns lose on Sunday, because now all of a sudden we got San Diego on our heels playing for the third seed. I dont know about you guys, but I really dont want to have to play Jacksonville again in the wildcard round.

VolatileMan
12-17-2007, 03:18 PM
I dont know about you guys, but I really dont want to have to play Jacksonville again in the wildcard round.

Really, If you want to be the best you should be willing to take on all comers anyware, anytime! Thats the attitude this team needs!

Just my $.02
VolatileMan

Dino 6 Rings
12-17-2007, 03:31 PM
I don't care where we play, who we play, what seed we have or when the game is played, just get into the playoffs.

that's all that matters. Beat the Rams, then play for a 1/2 against a Ravens team that has given up on their coach.

stlrtruck
12-17-2007, 03:58 PM
As pathetic as the team has played lately, I still know in my heart that they are better and while many media types have commented on them being a terrible team this year, I know that they are better even with the injuries!!!

I think the biggest problem is that the team hasn't had an identity since the ratbird game.

They need to find themselves like they did during the '05 run and then blast doors off the rams and ratbirds, then head into the playoffs with a whole new deMEANor!

steelpride12
12-17-2007, 04:14 PM
I feel with has less trouble with bigger, slower backs so i don't see Jackson being a problem, but how we have been stopping the run i think anyone could run on us.
Its ether Jags or Browns first round of the playoffs for us and both will be a tough challenge for us, but a good effort can easily give us a win!

jjpro11
12-17-2007, 04:39 PM
The game agasint the Ravens wont be a rest game even if we win thurs and the Browns lose on Sunday, because now all of a sudden we got San Diego on our heels playing for the third seed. I dont know about you guys, but I really dont want to have to play Jacksonville again in the wildcard round.

the browns are just as hot as the jags.. so either way, its gonna be tough.. i just want them to play us at home.
right now the chargers are in the 3rd seed.. we need them to lose one and us win out to overtake the 3rd seed.

Atlanta Dan
12-17-2007, 05:15 PM
Best case scenario is win Thursday and have Browns lose - if that happens you sit everyone for Baltimore and hope it can be like the 2004 Buffalo game when the scrubs knocked the Bills out of the playoffs - the Browns were no patsies at Heinz either.

Getting a 2 week break going into the playoffs would be great (and even if they lose Thursday, getting a 10 day break before the Ravens game has to help players like Holmes and Ben heal up somewhat).

IMO the Steelers will not get that lucky and will need to win in Baltimore to make the playoffs as a division winner or widcard - that Jets loss just keeps on hurting.

Dino 6 Rings
12-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Once again, it doesn't matter who you play, where the game is, what time its played or what the seeding is. Get Into The Playoffs.