PDA

View Full Version : Injury Updates From Ed.B. Of P-G

Atlanta Dan
12-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Some good news and bad news here:

Ed, any updates on Marvel and Ike?
Ed Bouchette: Ike is OK. Marvel is probably not going to play. He has back issues that likely won't be resolved over the course of a few days.

What's the status on Nate Washington?
Ed Bouchette: Sounds as though he's OK.

Ed, will Ben be starting with the sore shoulder on a short week?
Ed Bouchette: Yes. MIke Tomlin said he came through the game fine.

How is Rossum? If he's injured, do we see Willie Reid returning kicks Thursday night?
Ed Bouchette: Of, if he's healthy? He is healthy enough to play Thursday. Mike Tomlin called it a "mild concussion.''

Is it time to let Woodley and Timmons get in on blitz packages to try something new?
Ed Bouchette: You likely will see Woodley make his first start for injured Clark Haggans Thursday.

As for a long term injury prognosis

Will Clark be able to return for next season? Anthony Smith has great physical talent, but he is leading the league in mental errors.
Ed Bouchette: Doctors say he should be able to play. He has lost a lot of weight, though. He's been back to the facility and I believe is starting to work out a little

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07351/842383-66.stm

Not real excited about seeing Starks at LT on a fast track, but after the way Marvel Smith was abused there is no real choice but to go with Starks

Injury report not as bad as I expected - Did anyone see when/how Haggans got hurt?

SteelerFanInCA
12-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Wow, I didn't even realize Haggans was hurt. It's Woodley's time to step up. Let's see what he can do.

Hopefully we pull together and fight through all these injuries.

fansince'76
12-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Nate is OK? Surprising - I thought for sure he at least suffered a torn ACL.

SteelerFanInCA
12-17-2007, 03:51 PM

Yeah, the way he landed on his leg did look pretty nasty.

Preacher
12-17-2007, 03:53 PM
Funny,

It seems that Smith is having a sophomore slump. However, my hope is that the things he is learning... are lessons that will be put into place to make him a very good Safety in the future.

jjpro11
12-17-2007, 03:54 PM
im kind of eager to see starks start at LT. he's played well there whenever he was given the chance this season.. granted, the bengals and dolphins dont have superior defenses.. but he was facing jason taylor in terrible weather conditions and a jags player that dominated smith. he did come out of college at a LT and is left handed. so maybe he'll come through.

as for haggans, he really hasnt been the same the past couple weeks.. i dont know if he is playing hurt or not, but i would like to see woodley get a chance since he's likely to start next season if we dont resign haggans.

Atlanta Dan
12-17-2007, 03:55 PM

Hearing Nate is OK was what prompted me to say the report was not as bad as expected - I also thought he blew out his knee on the TD

The Duke
12-17-2007, 03:57 PM

I thought the same, but then he came back 2 series later and was like this guy is tough. he must've learned that from hines :tt02:

jjpro11
12-17-2007, 03:57 PM

acl tears usually happen when a guy knee bends sideways.. i was kind of relieved to see the replay and see that it was a straight bend, which is almost always a hyper extension.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
12-17-2007, 04:15 PM

Yeah I was also suprised his knee wasn't hurt badly. I think I saw him back in on the next offensive series after his touchdown catch too.

steelpride12
12-17-2007, 05:01 PM
Well its good to see most everyone is not injured and Starks we will get another look at him at left tackle.
And well we finally get to see Woodley start im very excited!

Mikee
12-17-2007, 09:53 PM
The touchdown Washington had against the Jags, did you see the way he landed? Did he get hurt?

Steeldude
12-17-2007, 10:52 PM

he rolled his ankle. at least that's the way it appeared to me.

sherlock
12-18-2007, 12:16 AM
I`m glad Nate is ok....he seemed to land badly because he was so focused on making the TD...respect.

Galax Steeler
12-18-2007, 04:11 AM
I can't wait to see what woodley brings to the table I've been waiting for this one.

tony hipchest
12-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Nate is OK? Surprising - I thought for sure he at least suffered a torn ACL.amazing if he plays, even moreso if hes not even on the injury report. i could almost hear his ligament snapping when he fell. his immediate reaction was that of most players you see, when they know theyve just tore something up bad.

CanadianSteel
12-18-2007, 09:24 AM
Woodley for Haggans - great lets see what he's got can't be any worse

Starks for Marvel - see above, and Max looked good there earlier this year

Ike OK - Best news ! we will need Ike's skills in the secondary

Nate OK - definately looked worse when it happened, and glad he is OK. Don't mind him getting hurt more if he would hang onto the ball like that play :>)