PDA

View Full Version : Steven Jackson

SteelersWyo
12-17-2007, 04:21 PM
This game could hurt! With the Steelers secondary giving up way too many 3rd and long conversions and Steven Jackson being a top-notch runner things may be rough. The D will have to step up big time, but how?

Dino 6 Rings
12-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Stop calling run blitzes and having Troy P get blocked out, and allow the front 7 to focus on their job. Double over the top on Holt, bring heat to the QB and get an early lead in this game to force the Rams away from their runnin game.

But, first and foremost TACKLE WELL!

SteelersJW
12-17-2007, 05:41 PM
Guys, I know we've said this about a lot of the teams we've lossed to...but it's the Rams! We've got this.

susielr
12-17-2007, 05:48 PM
Stop calling run blitzes and having Troy P get blocked out, and allow the front 7 to focus on their job. Double over the top on Holt, bring heat to the QB and get an early lead in this game to force the Rams away from their runnin game.

But, first and foremost TACKLE WELL!

The last two games they have been missing alot of tackles. At least Troy came in strong this last game.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
12-17-2007, 07:16 PM
Although Jackson had a good game last week, I still don't think that he is 100%. I can't see us giving up a repeat preformance that Fred Taylor had on us Sunday.

Stlr4ever
12-17-2007, 09:41 PM
The last two games they have been missing alot of tackles. At least Troy came in strong this last game.

That's true. However, Troy tends to miss tackles by not applying fundamental FB moves. Yeah, he made some big plays, but also missed some tackles.

Rhee Rhee
12-18-2007, 02:37 AM
idk i have a feeling the steelers defense has no idea how to handle a "tough" runner... for example i look at mojo and fred taylor as both rugged backs that would rather run over u than around u... if we play dallas it would be interesting to see how we match up with marion barber...

Galax Steeler
12-18-2007, 04:07 AM
Jackson is a good runner but if we can containe him then we will win this one.