PDA

View Full Version : Next Year's Schedule

Steel Warrior
12-17-2007, 07:41 PM
If we win the division, it's gonna be brutal! If we get a wildcard, swap Denver for San Diego and Buffalo for New England. Doesn't really make it that much easier so hoping for winning the division and a home game in the playoffs!
:smoker:

Home: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Houston, Indianapolis, Dallas, New York Giants, San Diego

Away: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Washington, New England

http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/20010816steelesked0817p6.asp

Glace
12-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Wow.....we have that schedule this year...and we could be struggling to make .500.

Rhee Rhee
12-18-2007, 02:35 AM
uk i have a feeling ever since like we drafted ben whenever we lose to the jags... our season aint too hot...

CanadianSteel
12-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Never too worried about next years schedule until next year.
This years schedule at first looked more daunting than it actually was.
Jete Ravens are examples of play off teams that never lived up to expectations and there is always a few each and every year.
Also see New orleans, Chicago etc...

Atlanta Dan
12-18-2007, 12:26 PM
If we win the division, it's gonna be brutal! If we get a wildcard, swap Denver for San Diego and Buffalo for New England. Doesn't really make it that much easier so hoping for winning the division and a home game in the playoffs!

Home: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Houston, Indianapolis, Dallas, New York Giants, San Diego

Away: Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Philadelphia, Washington, New England

How did they end up with the entire AFC South (I guess the league wants to rotate the other divisions in and out of the conference through every 3 years?)

Ravens, Benglas & Browns need to play AFC South & NFC East too - as usual the key is winning within the division

That schedule looks brutal -

Atlanta Dan
12-18-2007, 12:27 PM

Yeah - Bills for a New England team the Steelers own is a straight up swap

jjpro11
12-18-2007, 12:28 PM
lot of potential prime time games if you like those. :smile:

Atlanta Dan
12-18-2007, 01:20 PM
lot of potential prime time games if you like those. :smile:

Steelers would be playing next Thanskgiving if the Cowboys game was in Dallas

HometownGal
12-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Why the hell do we play the Cheats again in Foxboro??? :dang:

That schedule looks tough, but if the Steelers shore up that OL and ST's and make a few adjustments in a few other key positions, I feel we can be quite competitive. The recipe for a SB Champ is there - it just needs a few more ingredients. :thumbsup:

jjpro11
12-18-2007, 01:58 PM

That schedule looks tough, but if the Steelers shore up that OL and ST's and make a few adjustments in a few other key positions, I feel we can be quite competitive. The recipe for a SB Champ is there - it just needs a few more ingredients. :thumbsup:

if we win the afc north next year, we would play there again in 2009. thats kind of weird.. why do they keep scheduling the afc east as a road game? they did it twice in a row a few years ago too.

skinart82
12-18-2007, 02:12 PM
One good thing is I get to go see them in TN again!!!!

SteelCityMan786
12-18-2007, 04:00 PM
if we win the afc north next year, we would play there again in 2009. thats kind of weird.. why do they keep scheduling the afc east as a road game? they did it twice in a row a few years ago too.

Actually it would be in Pittsburgh. They alternate each time they're not in the official schedule. In 2005 the Steelers played the Chargers and the last by placing finish was in San Diego.

well folks now I am done with that please.

DO NOT SEEK 08! DO NOT SEEK 08! WE WILL WORRY ABOUT 08 WHEN IT GETS HERE!

stillers4me
12-18-2007, 05:03 PM

Yeah..........an O line.

br7
12-18-2007, 06:39 PM
Im looking foward to the ben/brady ben/mannings ben/rivers matchups
Really ,you get all the big qb matchups you could ask for in one season.
Lets hope we field a solid all around team next yr!

Preacher
12-18-2007, 06:43 PM

Don't forget, the Pats came to us two years in a row int he reg. season as well, during the 2004, 2005 seasons.

SteelersMongol
12-19-2007, 05:31 AM
Looks rougher than this season's.

HometownGal
12-19-2007, 08:03 AM
Looks rougher than this season's.

We've already won one more game than last season and hopefully, we'll finish out the season 11-5. The stronger the finish, the tougher the schedule the next season.

memphissteelergirl
12-19-2007, 09:14 AM
One good thing is I get to go see them in TN again!!!!

Hopefully I'll meet ya there!! :banana:

black and gold from birth
12-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Don't worry; Tomlin will come out in January and say that we're going to have the perfect season :yawn: