PDA

View Full Version : HAKA!!

sherlock
12-18-2007, 01:40 AM
I see that Troy Polamalu is of Samoan descent which got me wondering if you guys are familiar with the Haka.
A haka is a traditional dance form of the Māori of New Zealand. It is a posture dance with shouted accompaniment, performed by a group.As well as NZ other rugby teams such as Samoa,Fiji and Tonga also perform their own versions before the start of an international rugby match.
For me the Haka is one of THE great moments in the world of sport.
I can`t post a link because of my post count but go to youtube and type in haka in their search engine and you will see many examples of this spine-tingling event.
:thumbsup:

TroysBadDawg
12-19-2007, 05:53 PM
They look intense when they get done don't they.

sherlock
12-23-2007, 01:56 AM
I see that Troy Polamalu is of Samoan descent which got me wondering if you guys are familiar with the Haka.
A haka is a traditional dance form of the Māori of New Zealand. It is a posture dance with shouted accompaniment, performed by a group.As well as NZ other rugby teams such as Samoa,Fiji and Tonga also perform their own versions before the start of an international rugby match.
For me the Haka is one of THE great moments in the world of sport.
I can`t post a link because of my post count but go to youtube and type in haka in their search engine and you will see many examples of this spine-tingling event.
:thumbsup:

Apologies for quoting myself!...but I think I can now post links.
Here`s New Zealand v Tonga.....Bring it on!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJuoP_4Ubp8

klick81
12-25-2007, 02:38 AM
Oh man! That was AWESOME. Looks like they get REALLY hyped up with the dance.