PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to James Harrison- Pro Bowl Bound

tony hipchest
12-18-2007, 03:16 PM
now i expect to hear willie, ben, and casey made it too, but james is a 1st year starter continuing the long, allauded trend of pittsburgh sending linebackers to the pro bowl.

take note timmons and woodley.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
12-18-2007, 03:18 PM
Congrats to James he deserves it.

The Duke
12-18-2007, 03:24 PM
big snack not in. maybe he'll get chosen later like the time 2 or 3 seasons ago that seymour was injured

TackleMeBen
12-18-2007, 03:32 PM
ben,troy and willie made it. along with fancea

GBMelBlount
12-18-2007, 03:36 PM
This is definitely a silver lining to me. We lost a great LB (Porter) but Harrison has really picked up the slack. That is great news on the others as well.

CanadianSteel
12-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Well deserved.... Congrats to Big Ben, Fast Willie and Silverback !!

As far as Faneca and Troy go ....... congrats ......but really not deserving IMHO.
Based on reputation and not on feild play this year, much like many of the pro bowl reps.

Preacher
12-18-2007, 03:43 PM
man...

How do you think the Rooney's feel? They let Porter go. Everyone yells and screams about it. Then, Porter barely shows up to play this year for his new team after yet another surgery. Meanwhile, his replacement on the Steelers is sent to the probowl in his first year of starting.

The_WARDen
12-18-2007, 03:54 PM
man...

How do you think the Rooney's feel? They let Porter go. Everyone yells and screams about it. Then, Porter barely shows up to play this year for his new team after yet another surgery. Meanwhile, his replacement on the Steelers is sent to the probowl in his first year of starting.

It's called making the right call....now we have to question another call they made - the drafting of Timmons. Looks very wrong at the moment...

Atlanta Dan
12-18-2007, 04:09 PM
It's called making the right call....now we have to question another call they made - the drafting of Timmons. Looks very wrong at the moment...

Yep

Florida State players do not have a history of great rookie seasons - or for that matter great subsequent seasons - spending the 15th pick on a player with a limited college career, conditioning issues, sketchy pre-draft workouts & a lower ranking on other teams draft boards is a mystery to me. Starring in the ACC in your one season as a fulltime starter when Wake Forest won the conference is not exactly the big leagues of college football.

HometownGal
12-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Congrats Silverback - a much deserved honor my man! :cheers::thumbsup::tt02:

P.S. Joey who?

stillers4me
12-18-2007, 04:47 PM
I'm so thrilled for this guy!! He's played his heart out and he's such a nice guy to boot!

(My Harrison autograph just got worth a little more...........I still have to get it framed along with the picture of him and my and hubby below it)

rbryan
12-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Yep

Florida State players do not have a history of great rookie seasons - or for that matter great subsequent seasons - spending the 15th pick on a player with a limited college career, conditioning issues, sketchy pre-draft workouts & a lower ranking on other teams draft boards is a mystery to me. Starring in the ACC in your one season as a fulltime starter when Wake Forest won the conference is not exactly the big leagues of college football.

You're making me feel even worse about this pick. FSU has turned out a few good players along the way, even though we haven't had much luck with any of them. Heres to hoping he's the next Derrick Brooks.

X-Terminator
12-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Yep

How about waiting until Timmons actually plays regularly before we toss him in the trash, hmmm?

Steeldude
12-20-2007, 09:29 AM
IMO, the pro bowl means zilch. it's great to be invited, but really doesn't mean much anymore.

now where are those fans that said harrison could never replace porter or be a starter in the NFL? i would just like to say "i told you so"

Steelerstrength
12-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Good season, from Silverback, with a couple of great games! Very deserving of Pro Bowl honors!

Tonight is the night to bring that pressure and tally more sacks. :tt02:

Steelman16
12-20-2007, 11:37 AM
Congratz to Silverback, he deserved it! Here's hoping he plays his A++ game tonight in honor of his selection!

:tt02:

SteelDogFan
12-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Yeah just watched the Docu on NFL network. He is going to be one of the best.

Lefturn
12-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Im glad to see this post, Im watching the nfl network pregame and they just showed a profile of him and Im wondering if anyone know why it took him so much work and time to get to where his at

tony hipchest
12-20-2007, 06:11 PM
that was a great pre-game piece on james harrison, recognizing him as the next in line of a great history of linebackers. it was pretty much video clips of his highlights mixed in with those of past backers. add in his commentary and dick lebeaus, and it was really good.

i thought this little nugget was pretty funny-

on being called "silverback" being more reflective of his strenght and not his looks:

im a very handsom guy and a gorrila's ugly.

lebeau said he was a "best of both worlds" combination of greg lloyd and kevin green, and has the "mean streak" a great steeler linebacker should have.

they had a clip of him miked up vs. the bengals, telling chad johnson they were gonna find and keep his "grill" if they knocked it out his mouff again. :sofunny:

who needs a bounty?

The Duke
12-20-2007, 06:33 PM
that was a great pre-game piece on james harrison, recognizing him as the next in line of a great history of linebackers. it was pretty much video clips of his highlights mixed in with those of past backers. add in his commentary and dick lebeaus, and it was really good.

i thought this little nugget was pretty funny-

on being called "silverback" being more reflective of his strenght and not his looks:

lebeau said he was a "best of both worlds" combination of greg lloyd and kevin green, and has the "mean streak" a great steeler linebacker should have.

they had a clip of him miked up vs. the bengals, telling chad johnson they were gonna find and keep his "grill" if they knocked it out his mouff again. :sofunny:

who needs a bounty?

lol, I would have loved to watch that. who says Silverback doesn't trash talk? he just does it in a cool way :tt02:

I bet CJ didn't have answer and was like....oh....um....we suck :flap:

tony hipchest
12-20-2007, 06:52 PM
lol, I would have loved to watch that. who says Silverback doesn't trash talk? he just does it in a cool way :tt02:

I bet CJ didn't have answer and was like....oh....um....we suck :flap:he' all up in CJ's a$$, but it seems pretty good natured. chad dropped a pass as harrison was coming in and he tells him "i was gonna kill you".

they showed the clip of him pushing chad as he was trying to remove the mud off his cleats on the steelers cleat cleaner.

then he was making fun of johnson being cold, asking him why his lip was "quivering like that". :chuckle:

harrison admitted he doesnt talk [smack] to noone unless they say something to him first, but once that happens he goes full tilt, talking shit about them, their momma, anything.

nice to see he shows restraint :cheers:

and definitely cool to see him get a bit of well deserved national pub.