PDA

View Full Version : Things to be thankful for

Ricco Suavez
12-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Since things have not been smooth sailing lately perhaps we can look at what we should be thankful for in our Steelers
First. Big Ben, This guy is the face of the Steelers, our franchise QB, regardless at what criteria you look at I believe he is top five in the NFL
Second. Willie Parker, Leads the league in rushing yards, and while I myself find fault with his short yardage runs there is no doubt he is a top five back. Ask yourself and be honest are there 5 backs better.
Third. We have a lot of players in place to have a top notch defense for the nest few seasons. Our secondary has took a lot of flack but I think we have some key guys in place, our LBS are decent athletes with two rookies just waiting for a chance. Big Snack plugs the middle, and Aaron Smith is very valuable. Yes I know we need a DE to step up and show they can pressure the other teams QB w/o blitzing all the time.
Fourth.Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Heath Miller, three nice receivers that nearly any team would be proud to have. My wish list would be a third receiver with height and speed to bring along as Hines protege and replacement in years to come.
Five. Our rookie punter Sepulveda and our Kicker Reed , both of these guys our good at their jobs.
Six Tomlin. I gave a lot of thought to this one, and while some may find fault with his first year decisions , I think most will give him a passing grade as a first year coach. The players seem to like him. He has a calm confidence on the field that I believe is genuine. Now has he made some mistakes, yes, but lets remember it is his first year. It remains to be seen if he truly has this team take on his persona "ala" Cowher.
It is a glaring omission in that I have not mention the OL or ST's play. Lets just say that the O-Line needs revamped and I do not know if it is possible( good offensive linemen are rare) we have some guys on there that can help but everybody knows we need changes somewhere in that phase.
In summation we have the nucleus to a very fine team for years to come and with draft choices and perhaps a key FA signing we could become one of the so-called "Elite" teams. And before someone flames me that we have an elite team now or we could win it all this year, I respect your enthusiasm, but looking at this team honestly I just don't see it happening this year. I love the Steelers and suffer every loss and celebrate every win but I see holes that right now need to be filled, not as many as some would think, but serious flaws that teams are now exploiting often. Lets win these two remaining reular season games and see how the playoffs unfold.

stillers4me
12-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Here, here! :cheers:

I wouldn't, couldn't be a fan of any other team than the Steelers!!

(except for several hours this Sunday when you'll hear me yell Who Dey.......right before Hazmat comes to hose me down)

br7
12-18-2007, 05:45 PM
nice

steel striker
12-18-2007, 06:30 PM
No doubt and, hey all we have to do is win the next two games. Then it is time to prepare for the playoffs.

fansince'76
12-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Still being in the thick of the playoff hunt even after two very poorly played games, especially considering that for all intents and purposes we were out of the playoff hunt by Halloween last year.

slippy
12-18-2007, 06:47 PM
thanks for the positives, ricco! much needed.

in basketball, one player can turn average to great. for this group of steelers, i think as few as two (maybe three) players could make a world of difference. specifically, center, right tackle and third WR or second RB.

Preacher
12-18-2007, 06:56 PM
Still being in the thick of the playoff hunt even after two very poorly played games, especially considering that for all intents and purposes we were out of the playoff hunt by Halloween last year.

that says it all.

Not only are we in the thick of it, but we are in control of our own destiny for the AFCN championship.

HometownGal
12-18-2007, 07:06 PM
I am thankful to Art, Sr., Dan and the entire Rooney family for all of the exciting players and seasons they've given us as Steelers fans. :tt02:

Though I loved Peezy while he wore the black and gold (always will), I am thankful that he took off for greener pastures and Silverback was given the opportunity to prove his worth, which he has done one hundred times over - and then some. :thumbsup: :tt02:

I am thankful that I have the privilege of sharing my love for the Pittsburgh Steelers with such a great group of people here at SF! :hug:

Preacher
12-18-2007, 07:14 PM
I am thankful that we have beaten the Browns twice this year, the Bengals twice this year, and hopefully the Ravens twice this year.

stillers4me
12-18-2007, 07:16 PM
I'm thankful that the Bengals sucked..........again.

Preacher
12-18-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm thankful that the Bengals sucked..........again.

Um...

I know I am not a mod...

but isn't that in the wrong thread?

:wink02:

tony hipchest
12-18-2007, 07:44 PM
no. :nono:

the bengals suck in any thread.

Preacher
12-18-2007, 08:00 PM

:sofunny::sofunny:

Thanks for the correction sir!

Galax Steeler
12-19-2007, 03:55 AM

Agreed :sofunny:

Steel Pit
12-19-2007, 04:47 AM
I'm thankful that the weather will have absolutely no impact on this weeks game.
5 of the past 7 games have been somewhat or ALL OUT affected by the weather so at this point a dome game is quite inviting.

SteelDogFan
12-19-2007, 02:00 PM
What you said was right on point I'll even go a little further. The Steelers have been this way or close since I've been watching football (age 10). I can sum up your good words in just two, The Rooney's: the best owners in sports.

TackleMeBen
12-19-2007, 03:03 PM
i am thankful that our oline hasnt gotten ben killed yet....

and we know that HTG is Very thankful they drafted danny ..lol

susielr
12-19-2007, 03:06 PM

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

susielr
12-19-2007, 03:07 PM
i am thankful that our oline hasnt gotten ben killed yet....

and we know that HTG is Very thankful they drafted danny ..lol

I think that every time he gets hit. I said to my husband "geez Ben gets hurt alot" and he said "he gets hit alot."