PDA

View Full Version : The passing game

Dr Steeler
12-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Are we ready to be a passing team next year?
I think the steelers should work on surrounding big ben with talented recievers next year if we are aiming for the SB look at the weapons Brady, Payton and Palmer have.
With Ward aging we only have Holmes and if he is injured then we will be in trouble especially if we also lose are only RB to injury.
A big move In free agency is required to fill a WR spot.
I think with an improved corp of wide receivers with the current talent we have at TE we will rock and this will expand are playbook that has been very predictable this year.
Since are defense is still intact i think we should concentrate on improving are offense with drafting a WR in the first round and then work on rebuilding our offensive line to keep Ben on his feet.
And again i feel really strong about our team.
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

slippy
12-19-2007, 12:40 PM
you cannot run or pass without at least a decent O line! this is priority number one.

The_WARDen
12-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Yes, Ben needs that wall in front of him b4 they unleash his full potential.

moedap
12-19-2007, 01:07 PM
An elite wide receiver can make a difference(T.O. with Eagles and Cowboys) but I wouldnt go after one in the free agent market. How many big and tall receivers are out there. I would try for one in rounds 5 or 6 but not higher. Like every else I think we need a revamped O-line. Ben also needs to become more proficient at reading the D. He also needs more confidence in his reads.

MACH1
12-19-2007, 01:13 PM
We need to surround him with a o-line first.

HometownGal
12-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Top Priority: An overhaul of the OL.

Without an efficient OL, Ben isn't going to be able to totally spread his wings and fly, as we've found out the hard way this season. Though Ben has had a remarkable season considering how much he's had to run for his life and make plays with his legs, there's even more talent in Ben that is being suppressed by the lackluster line in front of him this season.

Get him a reliable and efficient OL and you will see a much improved and more consistent O all the way around.

SteelDogFan
12-19-2007, 01:40 PM
I do agree with you one this Ben is a talented QB and to not use has Shotgun passing skills (as he did in college) would be wasting a draft pick.

stlrtruck
12-19-2007, 01:41 PM
I believe we have the talent at WR and RB - as has been previously (OVERSTATED) mentioned we need a wall in front of Ben before we can talk about the defeciencies at WR. Because it doesn't matter if you give Ben the top 5 WRs in the league at his disposal, if he's on his back, he can't throw the ball.

The Duke
12-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Ben has 29 touchdowns(and will have more) with an average group of receivers. Yep, o line is more important right now

SteelerFanInCA
12-19-2007, 02:59 PM
The O line definitely needs a fixing first. We've got our franchise QB and we need to protect him from getting killed out there.

susielr
12-19-2007, 03:03 PM
FINALLY, we have a qb that has the talent to be a passing qb(which we have not had since I think FOREVER) so they need to work on the OL and it would be sweet. I think our receivers have the talent also.:helmet: