PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Parallels

moedap
12-19-2007, 01:24 PM
The 2005-06 season is almost mirroring this season. The Washington Redskins on the NFC side needed to win their last 4 games to make it to the playoffs plus 2 other teams to lose. The Steelers needed to win out. They both win out to make the playoffs and well the rest is history. This season the Redskins need to win out and for N.O. to lose 1.

Anything is possible!!!!!!

I think Big Ben will shine if we make it to the playoffs. He is from a Div I-AA school and double A schools participate in playoffs. I think thats why he played so well in the 2004 and 2005 NFL playoffs even though he was young.

The_WARDen
12-19-2007, 01:47 PM
The only parallel to me is that both years start with 200.

The 2005 team got on a roll in December winning 4 in a row going into the playoffs.
The 2007 version is falling apart in December.

msafford
12-19-2007, 03:39 PM
The 2005-06 season is almost mirroring this season. The Washington Redskins on the NFC side needed to win their last 4 games to make it to the playoffs plus 2 other teams to lose. The Steelers needed to win out. They both win out to make the playoffs and well the rest is history. This season the Redskins need to win out and for N.O. to lose 1.

Anything is possible!!!!!!

I think Big Ben will shine if we make it to the playoffs. He is from a Div I-AA school and double A schools participate in playoffs. I think thats why he played so well in the 2004 and 2005 NFL playoffs even though he was young.

Miami of Ohio is division I-A, not I-AA. I know...sadly...because big Ben and Miami beat my BGSU Falcons in the MAC championship game.

moedap
12-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Miami of Ohio is division I-A, not I-AA. I know...sadly...because big Ben and Miami beat my BGSU Falcons in the MAC championship game.

Oh my bad. I thought Marshall was in their division so I thought it was I-AA.

msafford
12-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Oh my bad. I thought Marshall was in their division so I thought it was I-AA.

I think way back in the day, Marshall was division I-AA, but then they made the jump to I-A. I seem to remember Youngstown State and Marshall playing each other for the I-AA championship when Jim Tressel was there?