PDA

View Full Version : Bad Omen for the Steelers in St. Louis?

tony hipchest
12-19-2007, 09:36 PM
the rams have a halftime worship ceremony planned for the retirement of marshall faulks jersey :rolleyes:

denver had their remember the fallen teammate ceremony.

the jets had their curtis martin moment at the steelers expense.

and of course the steelers mopped up the soggy heize field turf with the ravens a$$es for the 75th anniversary celebration.

why didnt we have a retirement of #57, or a celebration for the 212th anniversary of the invention of ketchup or something for halftime vs. the jags?

all i know is the steelers better kick the shit out of the rams. now is not the time for eeking out a 3-0 victory vs dregs of the league. this is the exact same type of game the steelers players have had trouble getting up for this season.

forget the business like approach and all the "we gotta worry about what we do and things will take care of themselves" talk.

this game is one where we need any extra emotion or motivation the team can drum up.

now is not the time to play for pride, or for a trip to the playoffs, or family, or a paycheck, or a new coach, or an old coach, or redemtion, or statistics, or spots on sportscenter (anyone not know who anthony smith is?)...

this game vs. the rams should be played for the sheer sake of kicking the snot out of an inferior opponent in a dominating fashion. all that other stuff will take care of itself.

faulk marshall faulk and screw the rams. no way the steelers should be worried about a team with 3 wins. and no way they should even score, let alone stop the steelers from scoring.

Atlanta Dan
12-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Agreed - if this Steelers team has any pretense of getting its mojo back for the playoffs this needs to be a 27-13 whuppin'.

But the Rams should have beat the Seahawks in St. Louis a month ago and I just think this Steelers team has been exposed - not stopping Jax after coming back to tie at 22 is disquieting - the Steelers have not had a complete game since early November and it has to be in their heads they are much worse on the road - yikes

jjpro11
12-20-2007, 01:02 AM
i thought we would be more in jeopardy of losing if we had beaten the jags.. this game had trap written all over it.. but now its almost a must win, and could end up being one after sunday. if we lose, it wont be because we overlooked it.

TackleMeBen
12-20-2007, 06:28 AM
i hope the short week of practice doesnt hurt us. we just need to get back to playing our football and kicking butt.

bozz723
12-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Yea, well in the 2005 season playoffs we played indy after tony dungys son died, it has nothing to do with anything. They had a little moment of silence for him..

SteelCurtain
12-20-2007, 08:10 AM
i thought we would be more in jeopardy of losing if we had beaten the jags.. this game had trap written all over it.. but now its almost a must win, and could end up being one after sunday. if we lose, it wont be because we overlooked it.

What does this mean?? I hear this dumb expression being thrown around these boards all the time. What is a "trap game?" There are no trap games, every game is the same...you must win it.

stlrtruck
12-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Well I would add something but that was well stated!!!

4xSBChamps
12-20-2007, 12:17 PM
..... I think I read in this morning's Tampa paper that the Stillers are 0-11-1 LIFETIME in road-games versus the Rams franchise (which I am assuming includes Cleveland and Los Angeles ):
I can recall 2 losses in the mid/late '70s at the Coliseum to the Lambs (including filming of 'Heaven Can Wait' ), but have the Stillers NEVER won as visitors to the Ram-organization?
:jawdrop:

jjpro11
12-20-2007, 12:20 PM
What does this mean?? I hear this dumb expression being thrown around these boards all the time. What is a "trap game?" There are no trap games, every game is the same...you must win it.

we underperformed and lost vs 3 bad teams already this year following we either had a big win or were on a hot streak. inconsistency has plagued this team all year.

Atlanta Dan
12-20-2007, 01:17 PM
In terms of good and bad omens, at least Peter King has jumped off the bandwagon since predicting the Steelers would beat the Patriots:

Most misleading stat in the NFL right now: Steelers with the best team defense in the league (258 yards allowed per game), in the wake of New England and Jacksonville shredding the Steelers D for 63 points in the last eight quarters. This is a night for Steven Jackson to send Pittsburgh to a half-game behind Cleveland in the AFC North standings.

Rams 21, Steelers 16

http://www.fannation.com/peter_king_challenge/pickoff?bcnn=yes

FourThreeMafia
12-20-2007, 01:27 PM
In terms of good and bad omens, at least Peter King has jumped off the bandwagon since predicting the Steelers would beat the Patriots:

Most misleading stat in the NFL right now: Steelers with the best team defense in the league (258 yards allowed per game), in the wake of New England and Jacksonville shredding the Steelers D for 63 points in the last eight quarters. This is a night for Steven Jackson to send Pittsburgh to a half-game behind Cleveland in the AFC North standings.

Rams 21, Steelers 16

http://www.fannation.com/peter_king_challenge/pickoff?bcnn=yes

Peter King is a complete tool. No one should pay attention to anything he says. Ever.

I dont want him on the Steelers bandwagon. When he predicted the Steelers to beat the Pats, I knew we had no chance. There are alot of sports writers and analysts I dont care for, but I respect. I dont even respect Peter King. He is a hack.

Dino 6 Rings
12-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Its a road game, we have struggled on the road and KNOW IT. We are 9-5, the Browns are 9-5. there are 2 games left. How the flying heck can a game at this time of year possibly be a "trap" game. Seriously. That's the most ridiculous thing I've heard since Lucas tried to convince me Ewoks could beat the Empire.

Its a "get into the playoffs" game People...you can't over look that type of game.

Atlanta Dan
12-20-2007, 02:30 PM
Peter King is a complete tool. No one should pay attention to anything he says. Ever.

I dont want him on the Steelers bandwagon. When he predicted the Steelers to beat the Pats, I knew we had no chance. There are alot of sports writers and analysts I dont care for, but I respect. I dont even respect Peter King. He is a hack.

I will keep that in mind - anyone else to whom we should not pay attention?:smile:

Dino 6 Rings
12-20-2007, 02:33 PM
yes, don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain.

BlastFurnace
12-20-2007, 02:42 PM
What's the Steelers record in St. Louis?

SteelCityMan786
12-20-2007, 03:14 PM
i hope the short week of practice doesnt hurt us. we just need to get back to playing our football and kicking butt.

I actually do hope it hurt.......the rams chances of winning.

Steel Warrior
12-20-2007, 03:19 PM
What's the Steelers record in St. Louis?

Against the St. Louis Cardinals, 3-7-2 at St. Louis. We've never played the Rams at St. Louis.
:smoker:

Edman
12-20-2007, 05:01 PM
The Steelers are on the road coming off a short week.

There's a bad omen right there. This team has lost their mojo and are spiraling. The best I can hope for is that they just eek out a win. That's all.