PDA

View Full Version : Will Willie win the rushing title?

eafratitpm3
12-20-2007, 12:38 AM
Thoughts on if Willie will win the rushing title!

Steelersfan4life0655
12-20-2007, 12:48 AM
dont know yet. as long as he gets good games in the next 2 i wouldnt see why not. and if he plays fully in the next 2 games.

tony hipchest
12-20-2007, 01:00 AM
no.

atleast LT and adrian peterson will pass him.

steelers fought tooth and nails when they prevented jamal lewis from breaking eric dickersons record in a meaningless final season game where the ravens had clinched and the steelers were already eliminated from playoff contention.

we can expect the same in return. the ravens will not give willie the title on their home turf. ben should be able to throw for 400 yards in the final game, and willie should be a fine decoy in that last game.

The Duke
12-20-2007, 01:01 AM
kinda depends on how LT and Peterson do the next two weeks, but like willie said it really depends on what he does.

he's got a good chance of more than 100 yards against the rams, the ravens will be more difficult, but maybe this will be the time he finally gets 100 against the rats, although I expect the starters to rest most of that game so it might be hard.

jjpro11
12-20-2007, 01:54 AM
if he doesnt have a good game vs the rams, not a chance.

Preacher
12-20-2007, 03:25 AM
no.

atleast LT and adrian peterson will pass him.

steelers fought tooth and nails when they prevented jamal lewis from breaking eric dickersons record in a meaningless final season game where the ravens had clinched and the steelers were already eliminated from playoff contention.

we can expect the same in return. the ravens will not give willie the title on their home turf. ben should be able to throw for 400 yards in the final game, and willie should be a fine decoy in that last game.

At first I was going to say... you gotta be crazy.

But then I finished reading your post... and dangit... you make a lot of sense.

Galax Steeler
12-20-2007, 04:47 AM
He has a good chance but only if he playes the remaining games.

Boomerang
12-20-2007, 05:38 AM
GOOD PERFORMANCE against the Rams and he has a good shot. at it.

iupdauber
12-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Not unless they give him the ball a few more than 14 times in a game

RoethlisBURGHer
12-20-2007, 11:26 AM
If he runs for 100+ against the rams and for at least 80 against the Ratbirds, then I think he has a chance.

I don't see LT as a threat. His team has clinched the division and the #3 seed, I see them resting LT some in these next two games.

Peterson however, is a threat. This dude is a threat to break his own single-game rushing record at any time, and if he does that, he will win the rushing title (and the guy is a rookie who missed a few games!).

ShutDown24
12-20-2007, 11:28 AM
If he can get about 100 in each game and Peterson or Tomlinson don't explode he will. I think he will finish second at least if not first. Peterson could have a ton of more yards right now if he hadn't been injured. If you want Willie to win the rushing title, you want the Chargers/Vikings to win and win big because both teams spell Peterson and Tomlinson when they are up by about 17 - 21... Then again it is usually Peterson and Tomlinson who give them that lead lol... I still think Parker has a good chance no matter how inspired our opponents are.

Rhee Rhee
12-20-2007, 11:36 AM
in my opinion it will be less meaningful because he'll probably only have 4tds...

HometownGal
12-20-2007, 11:40 AM
My black and gold heart wants to say yes, but with the problems with our OL blocking and creating holes lately, I'm going to say no unless Willie has a 100+ game tonight and a 150+ game against the Rats which isn't likely. LaDanian or Peterson will get that honor this season, imho.

stlrtruck
12-20-2007, 11:53 AM
I'd rather see the team win games than having FWP win the rushing title.

I don't think he'll get it because Adrian Peterson is back in the mix in Minnesota and he's been crushing defenses.