PDA

View Full Version : I like the 4 seed

ohiosteelerfan20
12-20-2007, 08:33 AM
I think getting in the playoffs as the 4 seed rather than the 3 seed is a better situation. Sure the first game against Jax is tougher than a game against the Browns. But playing the Pats when they have had 14 days off might be benificial. I know the way they have played the last 2 weeks makes all of this look imposible, but I am still holding out hope that thing are going to turn around. Tonight is the first win of 6 in a row:tt02:

bozz723
12-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Agree 100%.

I know we can beat jax, and I really want them back again.

I would love to play NE when they aren't on top of their game. Especially since they will not be playing a meaningful game these last two weeks..

Atlanta Dan
12-20-2007, 09:01 AM
How do you like the #6 seed? Steelers would go to Cleveland but not play at home against a better Jax team

I would take a wildcard playofff slot no questions asked at the moment.

I think Cleveland and the Titans win out and I am none too enthusiastic about needing to win in Baltimore to make the playoffs.

ohiosteelerfan20
12-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Atlanta Dan, a little hope never hurts. And yea the 6 seed might not be so bad for the rest of you. But for those of us living in Ohio it would really suck for at least 1 week. Enough Browns fans have come out of the wood work as it is. If they actually won the division it would probably get alot worse. So for me, I am hoping 4 seed.:tt02:

Counselor
12-20-2007, 09:22 AM
I think getting in the playoffs as the 4 seed rather than the 3 seed is a better situation. Sure the first game against Jax is tougher than a game against the Browns. But playing the Pats when they have had 14 days off might be benificial. I know the way they have played the last 2 weeks makes all of this look imposible, but I am still holding out hope that thing are going to turn around. Tonight is the first win of 6 in a row:tt02:

Totally agree----I'd rather be playing a team we lost to in the regular season in the first round, than one we beat twice--its hard to beat the same team three times.

rbryan
12-20-2007, 09:43 AM
I was thinking the same thing. I think we can beat Jax the second time and am also concerned about beating Cleveland for the third time. However, I was kinda hoping Jax might have what it takes to go to Foxboro and beat the patsies after handling SD. Then if all goes well we would get Jax at home in the AFCCG.

I'm trying to get this request to Santa Clause before the deadline. lol

HometownGal
12-20-2007, 09:47 AM

Though I agree in principle, right now, I'll take any seed.

cubanstogie
12-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Totally agree----I'd rather be playing a team we lost to in the regular season in the first round, than one we beat twice--its hard to beat the same team three times.

exactly what I was thinking. Even though the Brownies lost twice to us, they feel they outplayed us the second time and have confidence. Beating them 3 times will be tough, although it should shut them up. For a minute or so. Lets face it there is no easy path to take in the playoffs. I think we win out. Jax in first round at home. Problem is we were dominated on both sides of line. Hopefully adjustments will be made. I would love to play in Foxboro for AFC championship and knock the undefeated cheaters off.

iupdauber
12-20-2007, 10:19 AM
As much as I would love to trot into Foxboro and whoop the cheatsies, I really dont think that is much of a possibility. Thank god for the soft schedule and early wins this season, because right now, we are not playing like a playoff caliber team. The saddest part is, we SHOULD have, could have beat every team except for NE this year. Who knows. Getting to the playoffs again would be nice. Lets just hope the team shows up to play for a couple weeks. STARTING TONIGHT.

plenewken
12-20-2007, 11:45 AM

You think it's hard to beat the same team 3 times in a row? How do you explain we've beat the Browns 9 times in a row then?
Jacksonville beat us 3 times in a row since 2005 so again, it's doesn't seem to be that hard.

To me, it means that we normally do very well against the Browns and not so well against the Jaguars so my logical conclusion is that I'd rather see us play the Browns than the Jags in the playoffs ..........if we make them.

jjpro11
12-20-2007, 01:25 PM
How do you like the #6 seed? Steelers would go to Cleveland but not play at home against a better Jax team

I would take a wildcard playofff slot no questions asked at the moment.

I think Cleveland and the Titans win out and I am none too enthusiastic about needing to win in Baltimore to make the playoffs.

i wouldnt want us to go to cleveland.. when was the last time the browns hosted a playoff game? they are all going to be so fired up playing at home.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-20-2007, 01:45 PM
i wouldnt want us to go to cleveland.. when was the last time the browns hosted a playoff game? they are all going to be so fired up playing at home.

True, they would be fired up.

The Browns haven't lost at home since week one when we piledrove them into the CBS turf. That was with Charlie Frye starting, not Derek Anderson.

They are just as bad on the road as we are. I would rather face them in Pittsburgh than in Cleveland.

Dino 6 Rings
12-20-2007, 03:15 PM
I just want "A" seed...don't care where it is or who we play. Just get me to the Ball and I'll dance til morning.

SteelCityMan786
12-20-2007, 03:29 PM
Just give me a seed in the playoffs and I'm good. I personally want to have a home playoff game, but if they're in, it's just as good.

Lord Stiller
12-20-2007, 07:15 PM
I want the 4 seed also

This team is going nowhere this season and I would much rather lose to the Jagoffs rather than the Clowns

Rhee Rhee
12-20-2007, 08:08 PM
idk... i never liked playing jax... i think we're on like a three game losing streak against them... obviously if they can beat us three times we can beat the browns....