PDA

View Full Version : My biggest draft sleeper

ShutDown24
12-20-2007, 11:03 AM
Chris Johnson is my biggest sleeper in the 2008 NFL draft. He was injured at the beginning of this year and some people were even questioning if he would enter the NFL, now look at his projected round. I love this guy and while he has gotten a little more notice recently I still consider him unknown to most casual fans. I wish the Steelers could get a hold of him but doubt that will happen, Willie is a great back and we obviously need more help in other areas.

Don?t laugh ? here is my scouting report:

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/images/Chris%20Johnson,%20RB,%20East%20Carolina.jpg

Height/Weight: 5-11, 200

School: East Carolina

Projected selection round(s): 2nd - 3rd

Chris Johnson is a very versatile player. A running back / wide out in college, Johnson excels in the slot and catching passes out of the back field. He has great speed running a 4.39 in his last 40. A track star in high school and weight lifting buff in college, Johnson appears to have a great work ethic. In 2007; his first year as a real starter at running back, Johnson averaged a steady 5.8 yards per carry and 14.6 yards per reception. With collegiate starting experience at receiver, running back and kick returner, Johnson would be a good fit for almost any NFL team.

ShutDown24
12-20-2007, 11:04 AM
So I was wondering, has anyone else seen him play?

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-20-2007, 01:02 PM
So I was wondering, has anyone else seen him play?

I havn't....but I LOVE sleepers. I will have to check this kid out.

here are two more for you.

Todd Blythe : Wide Receiver : Iowa St. : Ht: 6'6 Weight: 210 lbs.
Blythe isn't the speediest wide receiver out there but he has some great ups and uses his big frame to out muscle defenders to come down with the ball in the endzone. He had a standout out 2005 season where he racked up 1000 receiving yards and 9 scores. .....an illness kept him out of many games in the 06 season, (he still managed 8 touchdowns while only playing in 8 games,)

Tony Brinkhaus : Center : Minnesota : Ht: 6'3 Weight: 295 lbs.
Brinkhaus is the anchor on the Gophers offensive line. Will be very attractive to NFL scouts as a athletic center. Is able to play any position on the offensive line. Plays with a lot of aggression and has quite the mean streak. One of the best offensive lineman in the Big Ten.

ShutDown24
12-20-2007, 01:14 PM
I havn't....but I LOVE sleepers. I will have to check this kid out.

here are two more for you.

Blythe isn't the speediest wide receiver out there but he has some great ups and uses his big frame to out muscle defenders to come down with the ball in the endzone. He had a standout out 2005 season where he racked up 1000 receiving yards and 9 scores. .....an illness kept him out of many games in the 06 season, (he still managed 8 touchdowns while only playing in 8 games,)

Brinkhaus is the anchor on the Gophers offensive line. Will be very attractive to NFL scouts as a athletic center. Is able to play any position on the offensive line. Plays with a lot of aggression and has quite the mean streak. One of the best offensive lineman in the Big Ten.

I like big receivers a lot so I will see what I can find on Blythe sometime - I know NFL draft dog has him at 28 as far as WR talent this year so he looks like a true sleeper.

Brinkhaus looks like someone we could use. I know that Minnesota O - Line has been good at run blocking for a while opening holes for Barber, Maroney and Russell so I don't doubt he is an impact player.

pittsburghp8baller
12-20-2007, 01:35 PM
my friend goes to ECU and has been talking on and on about him. ive only only seen him in a couple of games and he looked good. we will see how he does against boise in the hawaii bowl

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-20-2007, 01:45 PM
I also like Doug Legursky the center from Marshall...he is just mean and very strong!!

Also Jarrett Dillard , Wide Receiver from Rice...5' 11" 168 lbs ... 4.38 speed....I think he had like 21 TD's in 2006.

ShutDown24
12-20-2007, 01:55 PM
my friend goes to ECU and has been talking on and on about him. ive only only seen him in a couple of games and he looked good. we will see how he does against boise in the hawaii bowl

Yeah, I am looking forward to that. No matter how wrong it is bowl games always seem to drastically effect the draft because it is every players last impression.

MasterOfPuppets
12-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Blythe isn't the speediest wide receiver out there but he has some great ups and uses his big frame to out muscle defenders to come down with the ball in the endzone. He had a standout out 2005 season where he racked up 1000 receiving yards and 9 scores. .....an illness kept him out of many games in the 06 season, (he still managed 8 touchdowns while only playing in 8 games,) lol.....with this guys 40 time ( 4.63 ), casey hampton could cover him !!! :sofunny:

Bruce Hocker, Duquesne
Height: 6-4. Weight: 205.
40 Time: 4.44.
Projected Round: 3-4.
A prospect who will skyrocket if he has another great year like he did in 2006 (61 receptions, 1,070 yards, 16 TDs). He was simply a man amongst boys in I-AA. Check out Bruce Hocker's height and 40 time.

Jeremy
12-20-2007, 05:02 PM
If he's there on the second day...great. But don't be shocked when the first 3-4 rounds are offensive and defensive linemen.

MasterOfPuppets
12-20-2007, 05:17 PM
If he's there on the second day...great. But don't be shocked when the first 3-4 rounds are offensive and defensive linemen.:huh:......who ???.......this thread is for draft sleepers....not a wish list
i do agree with you. i'll be pissed if the 1st 2 picks aren't linemen.....well ....maybe if mcfadden ,stewart , jackson,conner, long ,dorsey ,or jenkins somehow falls to us....:thumbsup:

Jeremy
12-20-2007, 05:35 PM
:huh:......who ???.......this thread is for draft sleepers....not a wish list
i do agree with you. i'll be pissed if the 1st 2 picks aren't linemen.....well ....maybe if mcfadden ,stewart , jackson,conner, long ,dorsey ,or jenkins somehow falls to us....:thumbsup:

I don't care who "falls" to Pittsburgh. The biggest need by far is linemen. Boht offensive and defensive. The O line is horrible and we will see a 4-3 in Pittsburgh by 2009, so they'll start drafting that way now.

As far as sleepers go, how about Jalen Parmele (RB) out of Toledo.

ShutDown24
12-20-2007, 05:49 PM
lol.....with this guys 40 time ( 4.63 ), casey hampton could cover him !!! :sofunny:

Bruce Hocker, Duquesne
Height: 6-4. Weight: 205.
40 Time: 4.44.
Projected Round: 3-4.
A prospect who will skyrocket if he has another great year like he did in 2006 (61 receptions, 1,070 yards, 16 TDs). He was simply a man amongst boys in I-AA. Check out Bruce Hocker's height and 40 time.

Yeah Hocker is the real deal. It is nice for us to see a guy like him come out of Duquesne.

Rhee Rhee
12-20-2007, 07:12 PM
hey tommy blake the DE from TCU was a projected 1st rounder... but somehow like he had like a stress attack or something like that and hasn't played much this season... i think we could definitely pick him up day two maybe 4th or 5th and he'd be a GREAT project player as 3-4 OLB or 4-3 end

Big7BenHOF
12-21-2007, 12:12 AM
Barry Richardson

Aussie_steeler
12-21-2007, 12:19 AM

Tomlin obviously has a keen eye for minnesota players ( eg. Gary Russell) so if there are any sleepers on the roster at minnesota I think he would have already identified them. With the gophers having produced some quality runners over the past few seasons maybe one or two lineman will draw some attention. (like kemo when alex smith went number one a few years back - he was noticed while watching footage when evalutating smith.)

LLT I still think your guy out of Marshall sounds hard core. Is he suited to the running or passing game?

The question now to be posed is will we look at a centre whose strength is pass protection or smash mouth running play??? The new consensus from today courtesty of marshal faulk is that we may need a pass protection line.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-21-2007, 03:53 AM
LLT I still think your guy out of Marshall sounds hard core. Is he suited to the running or passing game?
The question now to be posed is will we look at a centre whose strength is pass protection or smash mouth running play??? The new consensus from today courtesty of marshal faulk is that we may need a pass protection line.

He is supposed to be very strong and an excellent Run Blocker... has one of the better 40 times that I have seen for a center in this draft and was agile enough to be able to drop back and pick up rushers and blitzers in the passing game

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-21-2007, 04:04 AM
lol.....with this guys 40 time ( 4.63 ), casey hampton could cover him !!! :sofunny:

I saw one site that said 4.67.....and another that has him at 4.52....We wont know for sure until the combine. (Dallas Baker?)
Both sites state that he runs very good routes and has soft hands.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-21-2007, 04:10 AM
I have mentioned this guy in another thread....he is starting to get on peoples radar now but is still predicted to be a 4th rounder on most boards (I think he will end up 2nd-3rd round)

Kendall Langford, Hampton
Defensive End
6’ 6” 294 lbs.
speed: 4.95

Rhee Rhee
12-21-2007, 07:07 AM
Angelo Craig, Cincinati
DE/OLB
6'5" 245

projection is between 5th and 6th but he could definitely shoot up the draft boards due to his fine measureables...

Bruce Davis, UCLA
DE/OLB
6'3" 230

He looks just like jason taylor... nowhere near jason's ability... (YET)... still i love this guy's potential.. plus he's got brain... not like some guys whose minds are filled with sawdust...

Dwight Lowery, San Jose State
CB
6'1" 185

I've seen him play first hand because he plays hawaii every year... truly gifted and if he can keep of with Hawaii's recievers he can keep up with anyone... (although many of you may disagree with me this guy can play. just ask SportsIllustrated)

Rhee Rhee
12-21-2007, 07:13 AM
1 MORE!!!!

Jason Rivers, Hawaii
WR 6'3" 185

HE had character issues before he came to Hawaii but he's definitely panned out... 312 recieving yards against arizona st. in the bowl game last year... 4tds against washington (jake locker may i remind u is on that team)... truly a gifted reciever... great after the catch... and has the blocking intensity that all steeler recievers need... (he'll sure be an upgrade over willie reid...)

Jeremy
12-21-2007, 07:55 AM
Angelo Craig, Cincinati
DE/OLB
6'5" 245

projection is between 5th and 6th but he could definitely shoot up the draft boards due to his fine measureables...

Bruce Davis, UCLA
DE/OLB
6'3" 230

He looks just like jason taylor... nowhere near jason's ability... (YET)... still i love this guy's potential.. plus he's got brain... not like some guys whose minds are filled with sawdust...

Dwight Lowery, San Jose State
CB
6'1" 185

I've seen him play first hand because he plays hawaii every year... truly gifted and if he can keep of with Hawaii's recievers he can keep up with anyone... (although many of you may disagree with me this guy can play. just ask SportsIllustrated)

Bruce Davis is anything but a sleeper. He's going to be a first day player for sure.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Small school prospect....DE Brian Johnston, from Gardner-Webb 6' 5" 280 lbs. 4.78 40

Aussie_steeler
12-21-2007, 10:45 PM
Small school prospect....DE Brian Johnston, from Gardner-Webb 6' 5" 280 lbs. 4.78 40

Agreed LLT, his bio reads well. Going on his physical prowess I am sure he already is on the radar of many scouts.

With the advent of the 34 defense in the NFL, those jumbo defensive ends like Johnston have been much sought after. Johnston has fought almost constant double teams, which is why his 6 sacks don?t look that impressive, but he has proven to be very solid against the run, despite being double teamed, his 74 tackles, 20.5 being for a loss, prove that he can fight through multiple blockers and get to the ball carrier. Very good at using his hands, strong and quick, Johnston plays the game with a non-stop motor. He will have to increase his repertoire of pass rushing moves and continue to train to get stronger and quicker in the NFL, but he has the raw talent and skills to warrant a 4th or 5th round pick in the 2008 NFL Draft.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/brian_johnston.htm

I also like the sound of one of your other sleepers previously mentioned - Kendall Langford.

Langford will be a hotly sought after prospect in the 2008 NFL Draft because his size, athletic ability and versatility. He could bulk up a little and play defensive tackle, similar to how the Rams are using 2007 first round NFL Draft pick Adam Carricker, who has almost identical size. He could of course be played at his natural defensive end position, but I wouldn?t completely rule out the possibility of him trimming down and playing outside linebacker for a team utilizing the 34 defense. The Cowboys? Greg Ellis made a similar transaction.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_draft/kendall_langford.htm

Both of these guys sound like true physical specimens that could be coached into quality NFL players.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-22-2007, 08:35 AM
Agreed LLT, his bio reads well. Going on his physical prowess I am sure he already is on the radar of many scouts.

I also like the sound of one of your other sleepers previously mentioned - Kendall Langford.

Both of these guys sound like true physical specimens that could be coached into quality NFL players.

Here is another one for you Aussie....

Offensive Tackle Heath Benedict, Newberry College (Division II) ...6' 5" 333 lbs...ran a 4.92 40 last year when he considered going into the draft.

Started his College career at Tennessee...but after they moved him to DT..he left and moved to Division II Newberry College so that he wouldn't lose a year of elgibility.

Aussie_steeler
12-23-2007, 04:04 AM
Here is another one for you Aussie....

Offensive Tackle Heath Benedict, Newberry College (Division II) ...6' 5" 333 lbs...ran a 4.92 40 last year when he considered going into the draft.

Started his College career at Tennessee...but after they moved him to DT..he left and moved to Division II Newberry College so that he wouldn't lose a year of elgibility.

On NFL draft scout they have him as the third best guard in the 2008 class.

Newberry College offensive lineman Heath Benedict has accepted an invitation to the 2008 Under Armour Senior Bowl. Benedict is the first Newberry player to ever be invited to the event, and only the fourth South Atlantic Conference player.

Benedict is a national finalist for the Gene Upshaw Award, which is awarded annually to the best lineman in Division II, for the second straight year and is the only South Atlantic Conference player named to this year's Little All-America team

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=67382

I can seriously see this guy improving his stocks with a big week at the senior bowl.
Does this mean he is a dual prospect at right guard and tight tackle who is the type of player the steelers generally look for in the mid rounds of the draft?

Elvis
12-23-2007, 11:39 AM
:tt02:
Here is some more names...
WR Evan Moore 6'7" 236 lbs Stanford OR
WR Marcus Smith 6'2" 214 New Mexico
ILB Thomas Keith Central Michigan
and DE ( ATrue 4-3 DE) Lawrence Jackson 6'5" 265 lbs. from USC

pittsburghp8baller
12-23-2007, 01:31 PM
[B]Chris Johnson is my biggest sleeper in the 2008 NFL draft.

ur secret might be out nfldraftscout.com has him listed as the second best senior running back.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=32966

ShutDown24
12-23-2007, 01:41 PM
ur secret might be out nfldraftscout.com has him listed as the second best senior running back.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=32966

NOOO! Lol, I hope he doesn't rise... He was projected to go in third and if lucky second... I want him to come from no where in the NFL! :wink02:

Oh well, let's see what he does tonight. A lot will depend on that.

pittsburghp8baller
12-23-2007, 01:48 PM
NOOO! Lol, I hope he doesn't rise... He was projected to go in third and if lucky second... I want him to come from no where in the NFL! :wink02:

Oh well, let's see what he does tonight. A lot will depend on that.

yep i will def be watching that game.

ShutDown24
12-23-2007, 07:45 PM
There is that speed, 68 yards of out running everyone. I like the fact he just bounced off the tackle attempt a lot... After that no one got close to bringing him down.

pittsburghp8baller
12-23-2007, 07:48 PM
There is that speed, 68 yards of out running everyone. I like the fact he just bounced off the tackle attempt a lot... After that no one got close to bringing him down.

this suks im at my moms house and all of my tvs r being used so i cant watch the dam game!!!!!

ShutDown24
12-23-2007, 07:57 PM
That is a shame, 17 - 7 ECU

MasterOfPuppets
12-23-2007, 08:03 PM
Chris Johnson, East Carolina (7/30)
Height: 5-11. Weight: 200.
40 Time: 4.20.
Projected Round: 2.
No, that's not a misprint. Chris Johnson has run a 4.20 in the 40. But can he play football? The 106 rushing yards and two touchdowns he accumulated against Memphis say he can. The 35 receptions he garnered in 2005 agree. At 200 pounds, if Johnson can either match or improve upon his 4.20, he'll be a second-round pick.

this guys faster than fast willie !!!

ShutDown24
12-23-2007, 08:06 PM
He just popped off a 46 yarder now... Well over 100 on the game on not very many touches.

ShutDown24
12-23-2007, 08:37 PM
31 - 14 ECU going into halftime.

Johnson (Chris) has 181 yards rushing with a 10 yard average so far.

pittsburghp8baller
12-24-2007, 09:01 AM
chris johnson 407 all-purpose yards bowl record. not bad

ShutDown24
12-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah... I'll be interested to see if he rises in status after that performance against a decent Boise St. D.

Rhee Rhee
12-24-2007, 08:15 PM
wow after seeing him carve up boise state like that... im a true believer

Rhee Rhee
12-25-2007, 08:25 AM
jonathan heffney... FS from tenesse... look him up he's 5'8" but reminds many of bob sanders but has hands... he's a guaranteed 1st day pick and could be available for our 2nd round draft pick.... (no question he's better than anthony smith... sorry to all of you smith fans... i said it...)

The Duke
12-25-2007, 04:10 PM
jonathan heffney... FS from tenesse... look him up he's 5'8" but reminds many of bob sanders but has hands... he's a guaranteed 1st day pick and could be available for our 2nd round draft pick.... (no question he's better than anthony smith... sorry to all of you smith fans... i said it...)

even if he was better than smith the steelers wouldn't use another 1st day pick on another safety 2 years after they got their possibly future free safety

Rhee Rhee
12-25-2007, 06:10 PM
even if he was better than smith the steelers wouldn't use another 1st day pick on another safety 2 years after they got their possibly future free safety

Why not? anthony hasnt exactly exactly shown he's capable of equaling the effectiveness of ryan clark... but i guess we should give anthony some more time... i just dont wanna see him burned on another longball...

The Duke
12-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Why not? anthony hasnt exactly exactly shown he's capable of equaling the effectiveness of ryan clark... but i guess we should give anthony some more time... i just dont wanna see him burned on another longball...

you just answered your own question. anthony will be given more time to show he's the future. if in some time he doesn't develop the way they had hoped then they'll try to draft the future safety. but it won't be happening next year.

and I know anthony will develop, I've got a good feeling about him for the future, right now it is a little dark after what happened that last few weeks, but I trust he'll get back on his feet

Rhee Rhee
12-26-2007, 01:02 AM
you just answered your own question. anthony will be given more time to show he's the future. if in some time he doesn't develop the way they had hoped then they'll try to draft the future safety. but it won't be happening next year.

and I know anthony will develop, I've got a good feeling about him for the future, right now it is a little dark after what happened that last few weeks, but I trust he'll get back on his feet

can we move him to SS... i just want hefney real bad..

The Duke
12-26-2007, 01:19 AM
can we move him to SS... i just want hefney real bad..

......Troy?:confused:

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-30-2007, 09:16 AM
We are set at starters at safety BUT if we wanted a backup..and one crazy special teams player (which we COULD use)

Jamie Silva, 6' 0" 208, Boston College....Currently ranked 18th on draftdogs list of safeties.....watched him in the Bowl game, reminded me of Pat Tillman.

.....125 tackles and eight interceptions this year...first-team All-American, finalist for the Jim Thorpe trophy given to the best DB in the nation....leading tackler in Boston College history... This kid WILL end up being a day one pick.

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 09:48 AM
We are set at starters at safety BUT if we wanted a backup..and one crazy special teams player (which we COULD use)

Jamie Silva, 6' 0" 208, Boston College....Currently ranked 18th on draftdogs list of safeties.....watched him in the Bowl game, reminded me of Pat Tillman.

.....125 tackles and eight interceptions this year...first-team All-American, finalist for the Jim Thorpe trophy given to the best DB in the nation....leading tackler in Boston College history... This kid WILL end up being a day one pick.

Silva might make a great special teams player in the NFL, but I don't see him doing much more.

Rhee Rhee
01-04-2008, 03:07 AM
......Troy?:confused:

he'd be a solid backup... and could fill in for troy and could fill in for ryan clark if he was injured...u can also put him on special teams... let him knock the returner all the way to the moon

Elvis
01-05-2008, 09:04 AM
Now, is it just me or did I miss something this season at our FS position? I dont believe for a minute that we have found our starter at FS in Smith or Clark. I think that it would be smart for the Steelers to look for a FS in the free agency or draft this offseason.

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-05-2008, 10:18 AM
Now, is it just me or did I miss something this season at our FS position? I dont believe for a minute that we have found our starter at FS in Smith or Clark. I think that it would be smart for the Steelers to look for a FS in the free agency or draft this offseason.

I think with maturity and seasoning...Smith will be a very good safety.

Elvis
01-05-2008, 01:10 PM
I think with maturity and seasoning...Smith will be a very good safety.
Hopefuly your right lambert.. the Steelers are pretty well prone to giving people alot more chances than they really should sometimes, so it definitely wouldnt suprise me.

Elvis
01-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Here is another prospect that looks like he would make a great addition to our Linebacking Corp.
Jeremy Leman Scouting Report

Position:ILB (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2008/profiles.cfm?pos=ILB) School & Year/Status:Illinois (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profiles_by_team.cfm?school=Illinois) - SeniorHeight & Weight:6'3 - 243 lbs.Ranked #76 on our Top 100 Prospects Board (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2008/top100.cfm)

2008 NFL Draft Prospect - Scouting Report
Jeremy Leman is one of the top inside linebackers in America. The Fighting Illini senior is a heady play maker and the emotional leader of what is turning out to be a pretty good Illinois defense. J Leman is a semi-finalist for the Nagurski, Lombardi, Butkus, and Bedinark awards this season. Leman is also a finalist for the Draddy Trophy, for academic excellence. He may lack elite speed at the linebacker position, but Leman has good lateral quickness and rarely gets caught out of position. He led Illinois with 124 tackles this season (40 more than the second leading tackler), 9.5 tackles for loss, and 2.5 sacks. While those numbers are outstanding, it's kind of a slow year for Leman compared to last year's 152 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, and 4 sacks. Leman plugs up the inside for the Illini, helping them hold teams to just 114.5 rushing yards per game this season. Even Mel Kiper of ESPN fame is impressed with his nose for the football and instincts. Leman has recorded at least 50 tackles each of his four seasons. J Leman will make a good inside linebacker in the NFL and should be off the board on the first day. Last Updated Nov-27-2007 by Randall Weida (rdweida@yahoo.com&subject=Jeremy%20Leman%20Scouting%20Report)

lamberts-lost-tooth
01-07-2008, 10:59 AM
Here is another prospect that looks like he would make a great addition to our Linebacking Corp.
Jeremy Leman Scouting Report

Position:ILB (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2008/profiles.cfm?pos=ILB) School & Year/Status:Illinois (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profiles_by_team.cfm?school=Illinois) - SeniorHeight & Weight:6'3 - 243 lbs.Ranked #76 on our Top 100 Prospects Board (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2008/top100.cfm)

Jeremy Leman is one of the top inside linebackers in America. The Fighting Illini senior is a heady play maker and the emotional leader of what is turning out to be a pretty good Illinois defense. J Leman is a semi-finalist for the Nagurski, Lombardi, Butkus, and Bedinark awards this season. Leman is also a finalist for the Draddy Trophy, for academic excellence. He may lack elite speed at the linebacker position, but Leman has good lateral quickness and rarely gets caught out of position. He led Illinois with 124 tackles this season (40 more than the second leading tackler), 9.5 tackles for loss, and 2.5 sacks. While those numbers are outstanding, it's kind of a slow year for Leman compared to last year's 152 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, and 4 sacks. Leman plugs up the inside for the Illini, helping them hold teams to just 114.5 rushing yards per game this season. Even Mel Kiper of ESPN fame is impressed with his nose for the football and instincts. Leman has recorded at least 50 tackles each of his four seasons. J Leman will make a good inside linebacker in the NFL and should be off the board on the first day. Last Updated Nov-27-2007 by Randall Weida (rdweida@yahoo.com&subject=Jeremy%20Leman%20Scouting%20Report)

LOL....I love this guy...(MOP has been good-naturedly giving me crap about pimping him) initially he was thought to be a 4th rounder but has caught the eye of the national media and may be gone by the third.

Rhee Rhee
01-08-2008, 01:47 AM

i personally believe that FA is a key part to the success of a team.. and i will be going hard for ken hamlin... or a gibril wilson..

Haiku_Dirtt
01-08-2008, 03:47 PM
[B]Here is another prospect that looks like he would make a great addition to our Linebacking Corp.

Based on what I saw in the Rose Bowl he may not be a sleeper much longer. It was hard to gauge the Illini defense against weak competition like the :wave: Ohio State.

And even though SC still handed their heads back to them on gold platters :smile: I was very impressed with the Illinois defense - gritty and hard-hitting.

Elvis
01-08-2008, 08:15 PM
LOL....I love this guy...(MOP has been good-naturedly giving me crap about pimping him) initially he was thought to be a 4th rounder but has caught the eye of the national media and may be gone by the third.
:tt02: I dont see this guy making it to the 3rd round myself. He is everywhere and makes play after play. If he makes it to the Steelers in the 2nd round.. I would love to see this guy wearing #57 next year in Black N Gold at MLB. Lehman and Timmons on the inside sounds like a brite future at MLB to me... and Woodley and Harrison on the outside... would this be a youth movement or what?..
ROLB Harrison
MLB Timmons
MLB Lehman
LOLB Woodley

Elvis
01-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Frank Okam Scouting Report

Position:DT (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2008/profiles.cfm?pos=DT) School & Year/Status:Texas (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profiles_by_team.cfm?school=Texas) - SeniorHeight & Weight:6'5 - 320 lbs.Ranked #41 on our Top 100 Prospects Board (http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/2008/top100.cfm)

Okam flirted with entering the draft after his junior season, but decided to return to school and widely projects as a solid first-round pick.
With his massive frame, he seems best suited to be a brick wall against the run, but he has proven to be a solid pass rusher as he has shown in his senior year. Besides posting a career-best 49 tackles thus far, he has doubled his career sack total (with five) and he's also credited with 14 quarterback hurries.
Instead of just being a gap filler who waits for the play to come to him, he gets into the backfield with regularity, with his ten tackles for loss this season a career-high.
He seems to slot in behind LSU's Glenn Dorsey and USC's Sedrick Ellis as the third DT off the board, though ESPN's Mel Kiper, Jr. had Okam rated higher than Ellis before the season started. He could go anywhere from the top 15 (or higher, though that may be a reach) to the second, which would be a steep drop. It's unlikely the latter will happen, because his big body and obvious talent make him likely to be taken quickly. There are questions about his consistency and production as well. But, with the way that he's seemingly worked on being better as a pass rusher and the fact that he's had a career season in 2007, might mean there's nothing to worry about when it comes to getting his best every play. He'll likely end up somewhere in or around the top 20, but that may depend on where Ellis falls.
Where he falls depends on how he showcases himself between now and then for the scouts and it's up to him to either help or hurt his status; whether or not he'll be a big-time pro or a bust. But make no bones about it, he does have great talent and even greater potential. If he puts in the work to silence any critics of his work ethic and desire, he'll be an excellent pro, especially if he continues to get better as a pass rusher. He could excel in an a 3-4 defense that allows its defensive tackles to roam, get in the backfield, and be an annoyance both as a pass rusher and a run stopper.
Update (12/28/07): Okam finished out his collegiate career with a solid performance in Thursday's Holiday Bowl against Arizona St. Okam picked up three tackles, including one for loss, and was credited with two quarterback hurries in the Longhorns' 52-34 victory.
He finished his senior season with 52 total tackles (25 solo, 27 assists, 11 for loss), five sacks, 16 quarterback hurries, and five pass breakups -- along with a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. [SIZE=1]Last Updated Dec-28-2007

This could be another guy that the Steelers look at as well at DE or NT.

ShutDown24
01-08-2008, 09:45 PM

Oh no - Clark has been very solid. He isn't the 'future' at the position by any stretch of the imagination, but he is the answer right now in my opinion.

Elvis
01-12-2008, 03:41 PM
Jonathan Stewart RB 5?11 230 Oregon

By: Robert Davis

Stewart was one of the elite recruits in the country when he chose Oregon, but he had to wait a year to make a real impact in the offense. As a sophomore last season, he ran for 981 yards and ten touchdowns, while adding 144 yards on 20 catches and a touchdown. Stewart finally put up the standout numbers everyone expected this season, as he became the feature back with Jeremiah Johnson going down with a knee injury. He ran for 1,469 yards and ten touchdowns, adding 116 yards and a TD on 20 receptions.
Stewart is the complete package at running back. He has excellent size, and is very difficult to bring down. He is built thick, low to the ground, and has the strength to break arm tackles, and push the pile at the end of runs. He is not just a back that can break tackles though. He has the speed and cutback ability to make the first defender miss and break off big runs consistently. Once he is in the open field, Stewart can run away from most defensive backs. He also has developed into a solid receiver, and has experience returning kicks for the Ducks.
It is hard to find a knock in Stewart?s game. He has the size, speed, athleticism, and all around skills to be a star in the NFL. One knock on him was that he had not proven to be a workhorse, but he was a star this season in the backfield. He did get dinged up a bit near the end of the season. Stewart is a legitimate star, and has the potential to become a Top 10 pick. He can be an everydown back that breaks off big plays, but also picks up consistent yardage to keep the chains moving. Stewart is only a junior, so he could return for another season and enter the year as next year?s Darren McFadden. However, the Ducks? offense was pathetic once Dennis Dixon went down with his ACL injury. That could be a taste of things to come next year, so Stewart may take his game to the next level.

Rhee Rhee
01-12-2008, 06:17 PM
:tt02: I dont see this guy making it to the 3rd round myself. He is everywhere and makes play after play. If he makes it to the Steelers in the 2nd round.. I would love to see this guy wearing #57 next year in Black N Gold at MLB. Lehman and Timmons on the inside sounds like a brite future at MLB to me... and Woodley and Harrison on the outside... would this be a youth movement or what?..
ROLB Harrison
MLB Timmons
MLB Lehman
LOLB Woodley

how old is harrison? i think 29 or 30... which means he is no spring chicken... thinking about a replacement for him this year or next would be wise... (im counting on the Rooney's to let this guy go once his contract is up..)

Rhee Rhee
01-12-2008, 06:18 PM
im looking at Marcus Smith from New Mexico... he stands 6'2" and weighs 210-220... great player that is oozing with talent... just needs good coaching... this is what NflDraftCountdown
has to say about him:

Strengths:
Has good size and a solid frame...Strong and powerful...Terrific ball skills and body control...Has soft, reliable hands...Adequate speed and quickness...Does a decent job running after the catch...Fine blocker...Had a big senior campaign..Has upside.

Weaknesses:
Not very quick or explosive...May struggle to separate in the pros...Still has some work to do in the route running department...Does not use his hands well...Not a finished product and still needs to work on mastering the nuances of the position.

Notes:
Did not start playing football until the ninth grade...Uncle Ronald Lewis played golf at Grambling in the early 1980's...Mother Sheila died during his senior season...He looks like a quintessential pro possession receiver but he'll need to be developed.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/marcussmith.html

could very well be the replacement for hines... he'll take some time to groom but then again hines isnt retiring any time soon ;)

Elvis
01-17-2008, 05:22 AM
how old is harrison? i think 29 or 30... which means he is no spring chicken... thinking about a replacement for him this year or next would be wise... (im counting on the Rooney's to let this guy go once his contract is up..)
You might be right RheeRhee
I never knew I guess that Harrison was that old. I'm sure that is why I am not a GM huh...:wink02: Its bad when you think that 29 or so is old isnt it? I am over the hill I guess.

lilyoder6
01-17-2008, 09:49 AM
lol... there will be good lb's coming out of next yr's draft as well... we can find a replacement for him either this yr's draft or next yr...

Rhee Rhee
01-17-2008, 09:50 PM
if u anyone can give me a link about guys coming out next year that'd be great!

Elvis
01-23-2008, 07:02 PM
:thumbsup: footballsfutures.com
That should help you out bud....:coffee:

DACEB
01-24-2008, 11:11 AM
From what I've been reading from senior bowl reports, Carl Nicks OT Neb. and Oneil Cousins OG UTEP have looked good. Nicks is massive and Cousins has shown the versatility to play various positions on the line. Cousins is probably a 2nd day pick while Nicks will most likely be go in the 3rd round.

Mike McGlynn OG Pitt, name has shown up also. The word is that he is extremely tough and also versatile, including longsnapping. From what I've been seeing McGlynn is a late rounds prospect.

MasterOfPuppets
01-24-2008, 11:17 AM
if u anyone can give me a link about guys coming out next year that'd be great!
http://walterfootball.com/draft2009OLB.php

tony hipchest
01-24-2008, 11:37 AM
From what I've been reading from senior bowl reports, Carl Nicks OT Neb. and Oneil Cousins OG UTEP have looked good. Nicks is massive and Cousins has shown the versatility to play various positions on the line. Cousins is probably a 2nd day pick while Nicks will most likely be go in the 3rd round.

Mike McGlynn OG Pitt, name has shown up also. The word is that he is extremely tough and also versatile, including longsnapping. From what I've been seeing McGlynn is a late rounds prospect.t. ryan and p. kirwan were just talking about McGlynn. they said "dont let the body fool you", and that the kid can straight up play. he was one who really impressed ryan.

they also spoke of cousins who they think might climb into the 1st day. kirwan noticed he struggled a bit with the quickness of edge speed rushers.

i think more teams are looking at UTEP players with j. palmer, j. lee higgins and t. howard recently being drafted. if not, cousins could be a sleeper.

pittsburghp8baller
01-24-2008, 01:28 PM
chris johnson was hurt during practice yesterday and was replaced by yvenson benson

Rhee Rhee
01-25-2008, 01:03 AM
tanks MOP and elvis... i been reading bout george selvie... i've been getting quite attatched to him... possible steelers pick? as long as he doesn't do too well next year.. :wink02:

MasterOfPuppets
01-25-2008, 01:15 AM
tanks MOP and elvis... i been reading bout george selvie... i've been getting quite attatched to him... possible steelers pick? as long as he doesn't do too well next year.. :wink02:lol...i think its a little to late on selvie. the guy would be a top 10 pick this year.....

George Selvie was a terror on the field finishing with an outstanding 31.5 tackles for a loss, a new big east record and just half a TFL shy of the NCAA record of 32. His 14.5 sacks ranked him second in the nation and his 3 forced fumbles led the Big East. Selvie finished with 58 tackles, 46 of them solo, 12 quarterback hits and 1 blocked kick on the season.

Rhee Rhee
01-25-2008, 03:23 AM
lol...i think its a little to late on selvie. the guy would be a top 10 pick this year.....

George Selvie was a terror on the field finishing with an outstanding 31.5 tackles for a loss, a new big east record and just half a TFL shy of the NCAA record of 32. His 14.5 sacks ranked him second in the nation and his 3 forced fumbles led the Big East. Selvie finished with 58 tackles, 46 of them solo, 12 quarterback hits and 1 blocked kick on the season.

if he actuall came out i think gholston might've fallen all the way to us :wink02: (thats just wishful thinking)

ShutDown24
07-23-2008, 06:42 PM
http://www.rototimes.com/nfl/news.php?tqid=7159&nid=40059

"The Titans have been very pleased with rookie rusher Chris Johnson through the off-season, according to the Tennessean. He is displaying a burst through traffic, making sharp cuts, and consistently catching the ball. He has also picked up OC Mike Heimerdinger's playbook rather quickly, and has already added some formations that will feature Johnson in the slot and flanked out wide. Heimerdinger said, "I haven't had a back quite like him to work with. He can do a lot of things from a lot of spots. It gives you some options, some matchups."

Our View: Johnson has played some wide receiver at East Carolina, and runs solid routes as well as having good hands. He has been called a faster version of Brian Westbrook, and he clocked in at 4.24 in the 40-yard dash at the combine. He will add an explosive element to the Titans' offense this season, and should prove to be a strong complement to starter LenDale White."