PDA

View Full Version : The cost of perfection...

Big D
12-20-2007, 04:05 PM
With all the pissing and moaning going on the past few weeks of the lack of success that this team has had I have to ask the question. Would you rather have a team that cheats and pumps their players up with the best hgh you can find? or would you rather have it done right with hard work and, great game plan preperation and have a 9-5 team?

Jeremy
12-20-2007, 04:09 PM
I would rather have a team that worked hard, prepared well, and still came up short.

What's unfortunate is that neither of those scenarios apply to this Steelers team.

The_WARDen
12-20-2007, 04:25 PM
The Steelers of the 70's had guys pumping themselves with steroids...I have no problem with those Super Bowls.

Big D
12-20-2007, 04:26 PM
I would rather have a team that worked hard, prepared well, and still came up short.

What's unfortunate is that neither of those scenarios apply to this Steelers team.

see I disagree. Maybe i'm more grateful because I have spent much of the past two weeks in cincy, But I think that this team overachieved in a big bad way, And now that injuries have plagued us we have played at our true potential

Big D
12-20-2007, 04:26 PM
The Steelers of the 70's had guys pumping themselves with steroids...I have no problem with those Super Bowls.

so you would rather have the steelers cheat and have the hardware?

Jeremy
12-20-2007, 04:28 PM

It wasn't cheating then, that makes a difference. Those teams did nothing against the rules. You have to consider place and time Big D. I 'm with The Warden in saying that I have no trouble claiming those Super Bowl wins.

HometownGal
12-20-2007, 04:30 PM
or would you rather have it done right with hard work and, great game plan preperation and have a 9-5 team?

Add playing 60 minutes of smashmouthed Pittsburgh Steelers football every game and I'll take it! :cheers::tt02:

geo123
12-20-2007, 04:51 PM
There were probablly some guys using in the 70's but things weren't so out of control then; especially the media. I still think the talent they had along with the intensity was more than enough to win.
Although I don't agree with or condone players using it I don't hold it against them in most cases. It's their personal decision.

Rhee Rhee
12-20-2007, 07:05 PM
its tough... if you get perfection you get a place in history... if your 9-5 and work hard then your like a billion other teams before you... i have to go with perfection... through any means necessary..

fansince'76
12-20-2007, 07:10 PM
... i have to go with perfection... through any means necessary..

Like the Cheatriots have done (and are probably still doing to some degree)? No thanks.

stlrtruck
12-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Let them have their tainted perfection.

I'll take the 60 minutes of Steelers Football...but I'll take a 10-6 team upset in the playoffs of their perfect season too!!! WOO HOO