PDA

View Full Version : Duke fans.

Jeremy
12-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Are you kidding me? Mike Cook goes down with a knee injury and the Duke fans are going to start a Let's Go Duke chant? That's why everyone hates you and your basketball team.

Rhee Rhee
12-25-2007, 11:08 PM
duke fans are just extremely passionate... but very annoying...lol

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2008, 09:46 PM
hey SteelCityMan.......FEAR THE TURTLE !!!!.......:sofunny:

DUKE >:buttkick: < MARYLAND............:toofunny:

SteelCityMan786
01-19-2008, 10:09 PM
hey SteelCityMan.......FEAR THE TURTLE !!!!.......:sofunny:

DUKE >:buttkick: < MARYLAND............:toofunny:

Hey MOP,

Congrats, you beat NC. On behalf of the Duke Fans of this board, and my other friends,

Thanks for beating NC and giving us a higher ranking.

Oh and to Jeremy, every team has their idiots. Some unfortunately give the classy fans like me a bad name.

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Hey MOP,

Congrats, you beat NC. On behalf of the Duke Fans of this board, and my other friends,

Oh and to Jeremy, every team has their idiots. Some unfortunately give the classy fans like me a bad name. AND DUKE IS NEXT !!! :checkit:

SteelCityMan786
01-19-2008, 10:31 PM
AND DUKE IS NEXT !!! :checkit:

Dream on MOP. Jan. 27 and Feb. 13 are ours!

MasterOfPuppets
01-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Dream on MOP. Jan. 27 and Feb. 13 are ours!i/m sure carolina fans would have said something similar.....:wink02:

you better...FEAR THE TURTLE !!!!

By the way,are there any carolina fans here that you know of ??? i'd just like to.......congradulate them on a game well played..:chuckle:..the refs tried like hell to make sure carolina won.

Jeremy
01-19-2008, 10:53 PM
Hey MOP,

Oh and to Jeremy, every team has their idiots. Some unfortunately give the classy fans like me a bad name.

There is no such thing as a classy Duke fan. If you have class, you cannot be a Duke fan.

SteelCityMan786
01-20-2008, 12:01 AM
i/m sure carolina fans would have said something similar.....:wink02:

you better...FEAR THE TURTLE !!!!

By the way,are there any carolina fans here that you know of ??? i'd just like to.......congradulate them on a game well played..:chuckle:..the refs tried like hell to make sure carolina won.

Yeah I know, but we'll be looking to give you 2 great games. Our rivalry is just that great MOP.

I have the devil horns ready to spear the turtle.

Yeah I know a few of them. Both Clemson and fans and Duke fans a like we're celebrating this day with you. (Like you guys, we hate UNC).

There is no such thing as a classy Duke fan. If you have class, you cannot be a Duke fan.

Jeremy, I got to school with people who are Duke fans and they have a lot more decency then you think. I'm not one of the fans who go out starting let's go duke chants during the middle of a game. Neither are they.

It's insulting to those of us Duke fans who show some actual courtesy are getting our reputations tarnished unfairly that we are being all classified together as one with those who are actually showing none. Why should those of us who actually have class have to be ridiculed? Yeah we're have to stick together with our fellow fans like all others, but NOT all of us I repeat NOT all of us classless.

Jeremy
01-20-2008, 09:50 AM
Yeah I know, but we'll be looking to give you 2 great games. Our rivalry is just that great MOP.

I have the devil horns ready to spear the turtle.

Yeah I know a few of them. Both Clemson and fans and Duke fans a like we're celebrating this day with you. (Like you guys, we hate UNC).

Jeremy, I got to school with people who are Duke fans and they have a lot more decency then you think. I'm not one of the fans who go out starting let's go duke chants during the middle of a game. Neither are they.

It's insulting to those of us Duke fans who show some actual courtesy are getting our reputations tarnished unfairly that we are being all classified together as one with those who are actually showing none. Why should those of us who actually have class have to be ridiculed? Yeah we're have to stick together with our fellow fans like all others, but NOT all of us I repeat NOT all of us classless.

Because those of you who claim to have class sit quietly by most of the time when the rest of your "fan base" embarrasses themselves on a regular basis. And you people are the reason that Dicky Vitale still has a job.

TackleMeBen
01-20-2008, 10:56 AM
..the refs tried like hell to make sure carolina won.

and i thought i was the only one seeing that. did you notice the UNC fans crying.. its not like you lost the national title or the acc title...

and for saying all duke fans are classless, that isnt fair. i am not classless and i am a die hard duke fun. i take offense to that.

so i guess if i see a classless steeler fan i should think we are all that way???????

Steelman, i guess we will have to stick together this basketball season...lol.

Jeremy
01-20-2008, 11:39 AM
and i thought i was the only one seeing that. did you notice the UNC fans crying.. its not like you lost the national title or the acc title...

and for saying all duke fans are classless, that isnt fair. i am not classless and i am a die hard duke fun. i take offense to that.

so i guess if i see a classless steeler fan i should think we are all that way???????

What's the last time a Steelers crowd started a "Here we go Steelers" chant when a player was laying on the ground with a season ending injury the way Duke did to Same Cook of Pitt?

SteelCityMan786
01-20-2008, 12:30 PM

Probably the case. If we are going to get our reputations ruined because of people being idiotic from a conduct point of view when we don't do said BS, we might as well stick together.

Also on this little class speech, you don't see me calling Michigan Classless for how they have been to Penn State when it comes to football as of late now do you? I remember a majority of Michigan fans complimenting us on having played a good game and wishing us good luck the rest of the way. It's been at least since 2000 since there was a blowout between the both of us.

Jeremy
01-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Probably the case. If we are going to get our reputations ruined because of people being idiotic from a conduct point of view when we don't do said BS, we might as well stick together.

Also on this little class speech, you don't see me calling Michigan Classless for how they have been to Penn State when it comes to football as of late now do you? I remember a majority of Michigan fans complimenting us on having played a good game and wishing us good luck the rest of the way. It's been at least since 2000 since there was a blowout between the both of us.

What does Michigan have to do with this?

SteelCityMan786
01-20-2008, 12:49 PM
What does Michigan have to do with this?

Like TMB, I was using an example.

Jeremy
01-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Like TMB, I was using an example.

Well we all know Michigan is scum. They hired Rich Rodriguez, that's all you need to know about that school.

SteelCityMan786
01-20-2008, 01:04 PM
Well we all know Michigan is scum. They hired Rich Rodriguez, that's all you need to know about that school.

I guess they're scum for hiring John Belien then to?

Jeremy
01-20-2008, 01:15 PM
I guess they're scum for hiring John Belien then to?

Considering the way it happened.....yes.

MasterOfPuppets
01-25-2008, 06:41 PM
less than 48 hrs SCM.......:poke:

duke > :buttkick: < maryland

...............FEAR THE TURTLE..............:checkit:

Steeler in Carolina
01-25-2008, 08:04 PM
By the way, big thanks to Maryland. I work with a ton of UNC fans and I get so tired of how great they are.

SteelCityMan786
01-25-2008, 11:06 PM
less than 48 hrs SCM.......:poke:

duke > :buttkick: < maryland

...............FEAR THE TURTLE..............:checkit:

Why should I fear it, when I can spear it?

MasterOfPuppets
01-26-2008, 08:45 PM
Why should I fear it, when I can spear it?
http://http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/1125/imageturtle5on5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

SteelCityMan786
01-27-2008, 08:54 PM
You we're saying MOP?

http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/sports/2007/01/09/1131499/1168379065_Duke-220x165.jpg

Round 1: Duke

MasterOfPuppets
01-28-2008, 05:47 PM
You we're saying MOP?

http://wwwcache.wral.com/asset/sports/2007/01/09/1131499/1168379065_Duke-220x165.jpg

Round 1: Dukelol....i thought we had ya's after the first half. :dang: you know darn well you were sweatin it !!! that little voice in your head was sayin " FEAR THE TURTLE"...:flap:oh well....congrats, and see ya again in a few weeks. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
01-28-2008, 06:41 PM
lol....i thought we had ya's after the first half. :dang: you know darn well you were sweatin it !!! that little voice in your head was sayin " FEAR THE TURTLE"...:flap:oh well....congrats, and see ya again in a few weeks. :thumbsup:

Me worry? You obviously don't know me that well. lol. I still had hopes of winning. Anyway, we'll see you in a few weeks at Cameron.

Your boys played a helluva game. Looking forward to another great chapter to Duke and Maryland. Although it won't touch the UNC Series.

Rhee Rhee
02-02-2008, 02:10 PM
haha duke #1!!

SteelCityMan786
02-02-2008, 02:33 PM
haha duke #1!!

Next Stop:Home against Miami(FL)

MasterOfPuppets
02-02-2008, 04:13 PM
haha duke #1!!they won't be there long...:yawn: the terps let em win the last one so they could move to # 1, just so they could knock of ANOTHER # 1 team.....:thumbsup:

FEAR THE TURTLE SCM.....FEAR THE TURTLE....:checkit:

Elvis
02-17-2008, 06:54 AM
Duke Sucks....
Tar-Heels Rule!!!
Wolfpack Suck....
Deamon Decons Suck!!!
:toofunny::thumbsup::wave:
:jawdrop:

SteelCityMan786
02-17-2008, 04:04 PM
Duke Sucks....
Tar-Heels Rule!!!
Wolfpack Suck....
Deamon Decons Suck!!!
:toofunny::thumbsup::wave:
:jawdrop:

If Duke sucks so bad, then why did they win by 11 over UNC??? March 6th. Till then, how about just getting in line.

MasterOfPuppets
03-22-2008, 04:48 PM
SCM.....FEAR THE EER'S !!!!.........:sofunny:

i hate WVU, but when it comes to bball, i hate duke more. :flap:

RoethlisBURGHer
03-22-2008, 05:20 PM
Nice job Duke, losing to 7th seed West Virginia!

fansince'76
03-22-2008, 05:21 PM
No real surprise, considering they would have lost to Belmont had it not been for a horrible inbounds pass.

Jeremy
03-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Another early round exit for the coach of Team USA. That wide open style is really working for Duke and Phoenix Suns huh.

I'll be shocked if Team USA even medals in basketball this year.

Elvis
03-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Here We Go TAR-HEELS.....
Here We Go!!!
:tt02:

Atlanta Dan
03-22-2008, 08:41 PM

At least you have a good reason given your avatar - the hostility of more casual fans to a program that has been a consistent winner for most of the last 20 years without a hint of scandal (Duke is not the Pats) says as much about some people being bitter about anyone who excels as it does about Duke

Planning to buy any Maryland 2008 NIT T-shirts?

tony hipchest
03-22-2008, 08:45 PM
At least you have a good reason given your avatar - the hostility of more casual fans to a program that has been a consistent winner for most of the last 20 years without a hint of scandal (Duke is not the Pats) says as much about some people being bitter about anyone who excels as it does about Duke

bummer loss dan. :cheers: duke has the greatest Polish coach in college bb history.

Atlanta Dan
03-22-2008, 08:49 PM
bummer loss dan. :cheers: duke has the greatest Polish coach in college bb history.

Thanks

Like the Jax loss in the playoffs I saw it coming - Duke at 22-1 was like the Steelers through early November - they had not played many good teams

Recruiting for power players on the front line has been slipping the last several years -
K is still a great coach and with the studs he will have in Beijing I see a gold

No team stays on top in the NCAAs forever - Duke's runs from 1986 -1994 & 1998 - 2006 are more than any fan has a right to expect

MasterOfPuppets
03-24-2008, 07:58 PM

:flipoff:

SteelCityMan786
03-24-2008, 08:38 PM

What happend when the terps played Duke this year? Oh yeah that's right, we swept you. Next...

Atlanta Dan
03-24-2008, 08:42 PM
:flipoff:

I suppose that is a step up from the usual Maryland fan's response, which is to throw garbage at players' families during the game and then set something on fire afterwards :smile:

millwalldavey
03-24-2008, 08:47 PM
Here We Go TAR-HEELS.....
Here We Go!!!

AMEN BROTHER!!! Front end of Back-to-back this year!

MasterOfPuppets
03-24-2008, 09:00 PM
I suppose that is a step up from the usual Maryland fan's response, which is to throw garbage at players' families during the game and then set something on fire afterwards :smile:well duhhhh....thats only after a win.....:sofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
03-24-2008, 09:35 PM
What happend when the terps played Duke this year? Oh yeah that's right, we swept you. Next... :offtopic:.........:flap:

lilyoder6
03-24-2008, 09:41 PM
evry team is horrible.. lol.. lets go curry!!!!!!!!!!

Dylan
03-24-2008, 09:45 PM
PSU could beat duke...just kidding but i wish

SteelCityMan786
03-24-2008, 09:52 PM
:offtopic:.........:flap:

You're just upset because you have no right to smack Duke since they beat you twice. JEALOUSY. :flap:

MasterOfPuppets
03-25-2008, 07:06 PM
You're just upset because you have no right to smack Duke since they beat you twice. JEALOUSY. :flap:awe c'mon SCM......thats like saying we can't bash patriot fans for the cheaters choking....:hunch:

SteelCityMan786
03-25-2008, 09:30 PM
awe c'mon SCM......thats like saying we can't bash patriot fans for the cheaters choking....:hunch:

The Flap was a signal that I was joking. I'm just making sure you keep in mind we kicked your Terps arse.

millwalldavey
03-25-2008, 10:14 PM
hehehehehe... duke....

MasterOfPuppets
03-25-2008, 10:36 PM
The Flap was a signal that I was joking. I'm just making sure you keep in mind we kicked your Terps arse.lol.....i knew you were, just as i was......but i'm not so sure about A.D. ,
i didn't have any expectations going into this year , beating NC was a bonus :thumbsup:....they should be a little better ( not much ) next year.

SteelCityMan786
03-25-2008, 10:54 PM
lol.....i knew you were, just as i was......but i'm not so sure about A.D. ,
i didn't have any expectations going into this year , beating NC was a bonus :thumbsup:....they should be a little better ( not much ) next year.

Got to start somewhere.

Atlanta Dan
03-26-2008, 10:47 PM
lol.....i knew you were, just as i was......but i'm not so sure about A.D. ,

Joking along here as well with you - Terps fans have a sincere hatred of Duke which I actually respect (I miss the days when the ACC was loaded with good basketball teams - the screwed up expansion to 12 teams prevents home and home b-ball games every season and ruined the league) :cheers:

The front runners who only watch college ball from March 15 to April 1 and dump on Duke for no reason other than it is trendy herd behavior are the ones I don't get

Elvis
03-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Here we go Tar-Heels....
Here we Go!!!
Blue Devils fans are the rudest out there and they are just wanna be's now a days....

Atlanta Dan
04-01-2008, 06:12 PM
Blue Devils fans are the rudest out there

You apparently have not observed game day behavior in College Park or Blacksburg:smile:

What do you call 30 Carolina fans in a basement?
A whine cellar.

Why did God make the sky Carolina blue?
So we wouldn't have to step in it.
:cheers:

SteelCityMan786
04-01-2008, 08:18 PM
You apparently have not observed game day behavior in College Park or Blacksburg:smile:

A whine cellar.

:cheers:

If God's not a Penn State fan, then why is the sky blue and white

oh and another good one

If God's not a Steelers fan, then why at night is the sky Black and Gold(Moon gets it's light from the sun).

millwalldavey
04-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Duke is a joke onto themselves.

MasterOfPuppets
04-03-2008, 10:15 PM

A whine cellar.

:cheers:awe c'mon dan........go back and look at the original post of this thread.......... my point is EVERY fan base of EVERY team in EVERY sport has thier share of morons. i'm sure one could dig up more than a few people with duke home game horror storys. we are talkin about inmature drunken college kids.:wink02:

Atlanta Dan
04-05-2008, 09:14 AM
awe c'mon dan........go back and look at the original post of this thread.......... my point is EVERY fan base of EVERY team in EVERY sport has thier share of morons. i'm sure one could dig up more than a few people with duke home game horror storys. we are talkin about inmature drunken college kids.:wink02:

I was responding to a post that did not say Duke fans were rude but rudest

Cameron is certainly rowdier than the whine and cheese crowd at the Dean Dome but the idea Cameron is worse than any other venue in the ACC (and based on the premise of the post to which I responded the entire nation) is ludicrous.

Hopefully Kansas will be rude enough to end someone's season this evening

TackleMeBen
04-05-2008, 10:49 AM
I was responding to a post that did not say Duke fans were rude but rudest

Cameron is certainly rowdier than the whine and cheese crowd at the Dean Dome but the idea Cameron is worse than any other venue in the ACC (and based on the premise of the post to which I responded the entire nation) is ludicrous.

Hopefully Kansas will be rude enough to end someone's season this evening

every team has rude fans. and yes cameron is rowdy, that is why we love it, right dan :wink02:.

and GO JAYHAWKS!!!

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 12:08 AM
Every team in the ACC should change the school colors to green.

Except UNC. They have nothing to envy.

How many places have the opportunity to name THE WHOLE BUILDING after the greatest coach in history? Who the hell is Cameron anyway?

MasterOfPuppets
04-06-2008, 01:01 AM

How many places have the opportunity to name THE WHOLE BUILDING after the greatest coach in history? Who the hell is Cameron anyway?:blah:

Atlanta Dan
04-06-2008, 09:30 AM

How many places have the opportunity to name THE WHOLE BUILDING after the greatest coach in history? Who the hell is Cameron anyway?

Yeah - after that rousing performance against Kansas the Tar Heels are the envy of the college basketball world:toofunny:

I know I most envied UNC when they were down 40 - 12 in the first half

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Yeah - after that rousing performance against Kansas the Tar Heels are the envy of the college basketball world:toofunny:

I know I most envied UNC when they were down 40 - 12 in the first half

Unless you're a Kansas fan, you really have no room to talk. At least they were there.
Pulling withing 4 was quite the feat as well. But it was an awful start that killed them, not to mention a KU team that absolutely shot the lights out. Best shooting performance I ever saw in the 1st half.

Just remember... save Q Thomas... THEY ARE ALL COMNG BACK!

UN DEEEE FEATED in 09.

I'm sure the UNC fans will let you climb aboard next year when you can no longer resist the urge to root for them.

Atlanta Dan
04-06-2008, 11:01 AM
Unless you're a Kansas fan, you really have no room to talk. At least they were there.
Pulling withing 4 was quite the feat as well. But it was an awful start that killed them, not to mention a KU team that absolutely shot the lights out. Best shooting performance I ever saw in the 1st half.

Just remember... save Q Thomas... THEY ARE ALL COMNG BACK!

UN DEEEE FEATED in 09.

I'm sure the UNC fans will let you climb aboard next year when you can no longer resist the urge to root for them.

UNC's non-senior starters certainly have eligibility left but that is a lot different from coming back -unless in addition to being a Steelers Fever poster you are the agent for Ellington, Lawson, and Hansbrough don't count on anyone being back until the deadline to leave for the NBA passes. Lawson got a preview this year of how your draft prospects can be harmed by an injury - if Lawson decides he does not want to risk another year & leaves then Hansbrough is gone since Hansbrough knows there is no national championship without a quality point guard.

As for any comments to the effect "of course I'll be back" - Elton Brand, William Avery, Corey Maggette, Mike Dunleavy, and Luol Deng all said they were staying at Duke until they left & UNC had its exodus of underclassmen after 2005 - it's all about the Benjamins.

SteelCityMan786
04-06-2008, 11:18 AM

Why should Duke change their colors? Last I checked they're the Basketball Program most envied across the nation and the world of follower who follow College Basketball.

Eddie Cameron. Former Duke Basketball Coach during the 1930's. By the way, we call the floor COACH K COURT.

TackleMeBen
04-06-2008, 11:31 AM
i am sorry but i will never be envy of UNC. and yes steelman, UNC was overrated!!!!:wink02:

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Why should Duke change their colors? Last I checked they're the Basketball Program most envied across the nation and the world of follower who follow College Basketball.

Eddie Cameron. Former Duke Basketball Coach during the 1930's. By the way, we call the floor COACH K COURT.

Last I checked building > court. No many coached have the building, but a lot have a square on the court.

I still want to know why Duke 'created' the black uniforms. I thought they were blue and white.

As for envied... I just read an article on MSN that states "most hated". Big difference between the two words. Search it up... it was from last week.

Thanks anyway for clearing up who Cameron was. My dad is a die hard for about 25 years and he didnt even know who Cameron was.

SteelCityMan786
04-06-2008, 11:40 AM
i am sorry but i will never be envy of UNC. and yes steelman, UNC was overrated!!!!:wink02:

I said before the tournament and I'm going to say it now. North Carolina was NOT a National Championship team and they still are not one. They were more then able to make it to San Antonio mainly because of their track record in March in the North Carolina, but I knew 4 games that were essentially AT HOME were going to go to this teams head. Thankfully for Duke even they made it this far they had practice being out of NC.

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 11:43 AM
UNC's non-senior starters certainly have eligibility left but that is a lot different from coming back -unless in addition to being a Steelers Fever poster you are the agent for Ellington, Lawson, and Hansbrough don't count on anyone being back until the deadline to leave for the NBA passes. Lawson got a preview this year of how your draft prospects can be harmed by an injury - if Lawson decides he does not want to risk another year & leaves then Hansbrough is gone since Hansbrough knows there is no national championship without a quality point guard.

As for any comments to the effect "of course I'll be back" - Elton Brand, William Avery, Corey Maggette, Mike Dunleavy, and Luol Deng all said they were staying at Duke until they left & UNC had its exodus of underclassmen after 2005 - it's all about the Benjamins.

All signs point to HAnsborough coming back. He comes from a fortune and does not really need the $$$. I dont think he's ready anyway. I think the 3 above will test the waters but find no agents so they can come back. (I'd do the job gladly) LAwson @ 5'11" would probably be like the 5th PG taken... there wont be the big $$$ there for him that could be after another year of seasoning.

As ofr PG if he would go... Frasor will be back next year... and Larry Drew.

Ellington... I'm sorta thinking if any of them go its him....

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 11:50 AM
I said before the tournament and I'm going to say it now. North Carolina was NOT a National Championship team and they still are not one. They were more then able to make it to San Antonio mainly because of their track record in March in the North Carolina, but I knew 4 games that were essentially AT HOME were going to go to this teams head. Thankfully for Duke even they made it this far they had practice being out of NC.

And would you complain about home games had DUke been the #1 overall and played in NC? Doubtful. So erase that gripe. All the Duke fans would be crying thier eyes out if they were the #1 and people were complaining about 'home' games.

They earned it. Noone complains about the best team getting home field advantage in the NFL playoffs, so why should it be different here.

Carolina also came out of arguably the most difficult bracket in the tournament this year. 1 - 4 was loaded and the Arkansas team they beat wasnt too shabby.

Duke wasn't even worthy of a #2 seed. If anyone wants to argue Carolina go their #1 because of who they are, then you really gotta argue that for Duke being a #2 as well. They stunk the last 6 games of the year. They were a 3 maybe, a 4 at worst. They got #2 because of their name.

Seems like the rats are jumping ship at Duke. They just lost a promising shooter.

TackleMeBen
04-06-2008, 11:56 AM
pls hansbrough go to the NBA so we dont have to hear about your overrated butt. and hansbrough is like MJ, nothing is hardly ever called on him,but if the other teams players look at him the wrong then they get a foul called on them.

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Someone didnt watch any tournament games if they think nothing is ever called on Tyler. Or any basketball games for that matter. He takes a beating. While he gets to the line a lot, there are a lot of times he should get there and never does.

Rutgers and Nevada games this season. Two straight games, two trips headfirst into the stantion. Two non-trips to the free throw line. One concussion. Didnt miss a game.

Tough as nails. At least when he was assaulted at Duke last year he didnt lay on the floor and cry like Laetner when Montross clocked him in 1992. Now there was a sissy. Money player, but a sissy.

LOL.... Cherokee Parks!

Atlanta Dan
04-06-2008, 12:21 PM
All signs point to HAnsborough coming back. He comes from a fortune and does not really need the $$$. I dont think he's ready anyway. I think the 3 above will test the waters but find no agents so they can come back. (I'd do the job gladly) LAwson @ 5'11" would probably be like the 5th PG taken... there wont be the big $$$ there for him that could be after another year of seasoning.

Hansbrough will be 24 next fall - I know you want him back for another year (and I want him to leave :smile:) but is Hansbrough really going to get any better?
He is a mid-to late first round pick now and unless he develops a 3 point shot (not likely) his game is what it is.

All another year will get him is the scouts having a chance to pick more holes in his game (we got a preview of how he will fare as a 6'7" (real height) with no hops inside presence in the NBA with the Kansas bigs giving him trouble last night) - if he comes back more power to him but if he does so it will only be because this year's draft class is loaded and he may figure he slots higher in 2009

As for Lawson, I assume you have heard he is not big on the student part of student-athlete and that his extended time off for the ankle injury was rumored to be due to his father's concern coming back too quickly could aggravate the injury and diminish his pro prospects.

This was the Tar Heels year with the first two rounds of the NCAAs in Raleigh & Charlotte - the window of opportunity for Hansbrough may not be shut but it certainly will not be as wide open next season

Atlanta Dan
04-06-2008, 12:30 PM
Someone didnt watch any tournament games if they think nothing is ever called on Tyler. Or any basketball games for that matter. He takes a beating. While he gets to the line a lot, there are a lot of times he should get there and never does.

Rutgers and Nevada games this season. Two straight games, two trips headfirst into the stantion. Two non-trips to the free throw line. One concussion. Didnt miss a game.

Tough as nails. At least when he was assaulted at Duke last year he didnt lay on the floor and cry like Laetner when Montross clocked him in 1992. Now there was a sissy. Money player, but a sissy.

LOL.... Cherokee Parks!

Actually Hansbrough burst into tears when he got clocked by Gerald Henderson in Chapel Hill, not Cameron, when ol' Roy still had him in the game trying to run up the score

As for Laettner - 4 Final Fours, two national championships, and the winning shot in the greatest college game ever played - no Tar Heel can match that (Jordan might have been able to, but the only man who was able to hold Jordan under 20 points a game in college was Dean Smith)

As for the sissy crack, I will consider the source (what 1992 game are you even talking about?)

SteelCityMan786
04-06-2008, 01:22 PM

I'm thinking all of them Declare, but Hansboroguh in my opinion appears to be the closest Lock towards Staying in NC. I could see him ending up with the Bobcats if he does go NBA.

Lawson needs more work to be NBA Successful. as well as Possibly Ellington.

Now if these guys are like the Florida Four, there is a good chance if one goes, they all go.

TackleMeBen
04-06-2008, 01:28 PM

LOL.... Cherokee Parks!

yes i seen many carolina games. and yes your pyscho T gets by with alot. you are just a homer if you think he doesnt. in fact there were a few no calls on hansbrough that should have been called.

SteelCityMan786
04-06-2008, 01:37 PM
And would you complain about home games had DUke been the #1 overall and played in NC? Doubtful. So erase that gripe. All the Duke fans would be crying thier eyes out if they were the #1 and people were complaining about 'home' games.

They earned it. Noone complains about the best team getting home field advantage in the NFL playoffs, so why should it be different here.

Carolina also came out of arguably the most difficult bracket in the tournament this year. 1 - 4 was loaded and the Arkansas team they beat wasnt too shabby.

Duke wasn't even worthy of a #2 seed. If anyone wants to argue Carolina go their #1 because of who they are, then you really gotta argue that for Duke being a #2 as well. They stunk the last 6 games of the year. They were a 3 maybe, a 4 at worst. They got #2 because of their name.

Seems like the rats are jumping ship at Duke. They just lost a promising shooter.

No actually I would be worried if the home court advantage would go to their heads. These are kids who are 18-22 years of age, some cases give or take a year. You can't always going in expecting to have a "free win". North Carolina played like shit, It was a case of North Carolina heat going to their head.

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE! College Basketball and Pro Football are two totally different level and sports. In Pro Football those teams have BYE WEEKS. College Basketball you don't have a bye.

Arguably, yes, but was it, Toss up between them and maybe the Midwest.

Yes Duke was worthy of a No.2. Didn't Duke also beat the National Number 1? Also wasn't it AT THEIR HOUSE? Duke got it because they earned it. Had they not gone on that end of year slide, Duke was in a perfect spot to get a number 1 if not the National Number 1. Also Didn't Duke have the ACC's Rookie of the year?(Coughs Kyle Singler Coughs). Wasn't this also the same Duke team who saved themselves the humiliation of losing to a 15 seed when the 15 seed looked like they had the game locked up? That's called having the heart and will to come back. Don't give me the Didn't North Carolina do the same thing against Kansas card, it only matters if you win. I give them credit for doing just that, but still it won't matter in the future.

TackleMeBen
04-06-2008, 01:48 PM
i am still on the fence about duke getting the #2 seed. i think they got it based on they are Duke.

Atlanta Dan
04-06-2008, 01:55 PM
i am still on the fence about duke getting the #2 seed. i think they got it based on they are Duke.

Agreed they were a #3 seed - IMO they got the #2 based on the weight given to beating Carolina in Chapel Hill and the mistaken belief the ACC was a good conference this year

Of course college ball was top heavy this year. Outside of Louisville (which blew its chance for a #2 by losing to Pitt in the Big East tournament) there were not a lot of deserving candidates for the #2 slot to replace Duke

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Actually Hansbrough burst into tears when he got clocked by Gerald Henderson in Chapel Hill, not Cameron, when ol' Roy still had him in the game trying to run up the score

As for Laettner - 4 Final Fours, two national championships, and the winning shot in the greatest college game ever played - no Tar Heel can match that (Jordan might have been able to, but the only man who was able to hold Jordan under 20 points a game in college was Dean Smith)

As for the sissy crack, I will consider the source (what 1992 game are you even talking about?)

1992 (i think... could have been 91... i was 16 or 17 and memory isnt clear about the year.) Carolina wore whites... because Montross was bloody from having hs cheek under his eye scrated by Laettner in the 1st half. Flattened him about 6 min into the second half. I used to tape all of the games and I'll ask my dad if they still have them at the house...

Oh, I'll never take the accolades away from CL. He was a money player, no doubt. But toughness was not his strong suit. He was a pretty boy.

I'll take this opportunity to add that as much as I dislike Duke, Shane Battier was simply the best college basketball player I have ever seen. Hands down, could do it ALL and better than anyone before or since. Who cares about the pros, he was the best in college.

As for Jordan... I think he was a better pro than college player. Battier was better in college than him.

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm thinking all of them Declare, but Hansboroguh in my opinion appears to be the closest Lock towards Staying in NC. I could see him ending up with the Bobcats if he does go NBA.

Lawson needs more work to be NBA Successful. as well as Possibly Ellington.

Now if these guys are like the Florida Four, there is a good chance if one goes, they all go.

I'm thinking along the same lines as you on this. I dont think any of them are ready to be successful. Ellington perhaps is closer than the others.

I thought that hed end up a bobcat as well! He REALLY needs to improve his defensive game.

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 06:00 PM
Agreed they were a #3 seed - IMO they got the #2 based on the weight given to beating Carolina in Chapel Hill and the mistaken belief the ACC was a good conference this year

Of course college ball was top heavy this year. Outside of Louisville (which blew its chance for a #2 by losing to Pitt in the Big East tournament) there were not a lot of deserving candidates for the #2 slot to replace Duke

Save injuries early on, Louisville could have been #1 in the nation

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 06:04 PM
WAIT A DAMN MINUTE! College Basketball and Pro Football are two totally different level and sports. In Pro Football those teams have BYE WEEKS. College Basketball you don't have a bye.

Obviously. On many levels. Which even comes to the 'bye week' argument. Football eams would benefit more from a bye week as it is a higher contact sport and recovery times are a bit longer.

But home court/field is the same anywhere and its always earned in the same way. Bust your hump, play hard, beat the best and earn it.

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 06:04 PM
geeze... i shoullda compiled all thes responses into one!

this is kinda fun!

At least we all agree on the Steelers!

Atlanta Dan
04-06-2008, 07:24 PM
1992 (i think... could have been 91... i was 16 or 17 and memory isnt clear about the year.)

I'll take this opportunity to add that as much as I dislike Duke, Shane Battier was simply the best college basketball player I have ever seen. Hands down, could do it ALL and better than anyone before or since. Who cares about the pros, he was the best in college.

As for Jordan... I think he was a better pro than college player. Battier was better in college than him.

Thanks for the kind words on Battier:cheers:

IMO the best college basketball player I ever saw was David Thompson, who played when the ACC was at its peak in the early 70s, could jump through a roof and had a sweet jump shot to go with it - cocaine and a knee injury ruined his pro career but before there was Jordan there was David.

As an illustration of his leaping ability, check out this link to the legendary SI cover of 6'4" Thompson going up against 6'11" Bill Walton

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/si_online/covers/images/1974/0401_large.jpg

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 07:37 PM

IMO the best college basketball player I ever saw was David Thompson, who played when the ACC was at its peak in the early 70s, could jump through a roof and had a sweet jump shot to go with it - cocaine and a knee injury ruined his pro career but before there was Jordan there was David.

As an illustration of his leaping ability, check out this link to the legendary SI cover of 6'4" Thompson going up against 6'11" Bill Walton

Thompson in college was a few years boefore my days, but i remember him with the Nuggets slightly... Dad told me he was awesome. I saw a lot of highlight films of him. Damn he could jump.

fansince'76
04-06-2008, 07:43 PM

Although I never saw him myself, as I was only in diapers when he was at UCLA, I have a feeling Kareem should at least be mentioned here as well. The NCAA outlawed dunking for a time because of him. UCLA went 88-2 during his time on the varsity there, including 3 national championships with Kareem winning tournament MVP all 3 times. On top of that, UCLA's freshman team with Kareem beat UCLA's varsity team (which at the time was the two-time defending national champion) by 15 points in the inaugural game of Pauley Pavilion. Not too shabby.

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 07:52 PM
I guess its hard to make an argument for the best ever unless you saw them play. Kareem is a good candidate for the title, based on everything mentioned above. One thing to kinda put the UCLA years in some perspective (not to slight them... believe me) is that in those days, there were simply not as many good programs (and the best of the best seemed to end up at UCLA). In Thompsons 1970's there were emerging programs that are prominent today, but you still couldn't field 64 (let alone 32 then) where half of them had a legit shot to win it all each year.

My argument for Battier is based on his performance and the times he played in. So many good programs, so many good players.

Think about some of the grat players who never get to college or the pros!

MasterOfPuppets
04-06-2008, 07:55 PM
like len bias........

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 07:59 PM
That was right when i started to get into b-ball... i was in grade 6, same age i teach now. Amazing the shock then, then kids wouldnt bat an eye to it now.

fansince'76
04-06-2008, 08:00 PM
I guess its hard to make an argument for the best ever unless you saw them play. Kareem is a good candidate for the title, based on everything mentioned above. One thing to kinda put the UCLA years in some perspective (not to slight them... believe me) is that in those days, there were simply not as many good programs (and the best of the best seemed to end up at UCLA). In Thompsons 1970's there were emerging programs that are prominent today, but you still couldn't field 64 (let alone 32 then) where half of them had a legit shot to win it all each year.

My argument for Battier is based on his performance and the times he played in. So many good programs, so many good players.

Think about some of the grat players who never get to college or the pros!

Good points, but here's something else to consider - there were no high schoolers or college underclassmen allowed into the NBA in Kareem's college days. The best players in the NCAA now are usually gone for the NBA before their junior year rolls around, which in effect dilutes the talent at the college level and gives many more programs a chance to compete. Back then you either played in college through your senior year or you sat out (in Wilt Chamberlain's case, for example, he played for the Harlem Globetrotters instead of playing his senior year at Kansas). I also have a feeling Kareem would be an All-American now just as he was then.

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 08:02 PM
I also have a feeling Kareem would be an All-American now just as he was then.

As do I. Did not want to slight him at all. Good points about the early departures as well.

MasterOfPuppets
04-06-2008, 08:32 PM
That was right when i started to get into b-ball... i was in grade 6, same age i teach now. Amazing the shock then, then kids wouldnt bat an eye to it now.
that incident set the celtics and terps back years. i hate the celtics, but i was really looking forward to see bias on the court with byrd.

Atlanta Dan
04-06-2008, 08:49 PM
like len bias........

Agreed - just an incredible talent and tragic end

millwalldavey
04-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Agreed - just an incredible talent and tragic end

It almost seems certain it was his first time trying cocaine from what Ive always seen... who knows. Not an issue, its still a shame.

SteelCityMan786
04-06-2008, 10:42 PM
geeze... i shoullda compiled all thes responses into one!

this is kinda fun!

At least we all agree on the Steelers!

Gotta have some debate every once in awhile. :cheers:

MasterOfPuppets
04-07-2008, 12:19 PM
It almost seems certain it was his first time trying cocaine from what Ive always seen... who knows. Not an issue, its still a shame.yeah it certainly was, then to top it off ,his younger brother was murdered a few years later. he attended community college here in my town. ....
Yesterday, 4 1/2 years after his brother died a cocaine-induced death, Jay Bias, 20, was shot and killed in the parking lot at Prince George's Plaza following an argument at a jewelry store in the mall. Last night, Jerry Samuel Taylor, 24, surrendered at the Oxon Hill police station, was charged with first-degree murder and was being held without bond.

And the mourning started all over again.

"First Len, now Jay. This is a bad dream," said Clinton Venable, one of Jay Bias's best friends who played basketball alongside him at Northwestern High School and Allegany Commnunity College in Cumberland, Md., and is now a senior playing at Bowling Green State University in Ohio. "I sure didn't want to hear anything like this."
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sports/longterm/memories/bias/launch/jay.htm

i also found this nugget.....

Bias was rated by some draft publications as the most complete forward ever to come out of college.[citation needed] Bias was compared by some with Michael Jordan,[1] even though Jordan himself was only in his second professional season at the time Bias was drafted.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Len_Bias