PDA

View Full Version : Davenport

steelpride12
12-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Terrible news struck Thursday night as the NFL's leading rusher Willie Parker out for the rest of the season with a serious injury!
My only question....Can Davenport carry the load!?

touchdownward
12-20-2007, 10:39 PM
98 yds, 2 TDs so far, early in the 4th quarter. Not to shabby so far.
We're going to need him.

The Duke
12-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Only problem I could see is he getting injured, I heard he had some problems with that in Green Bay. but playing he's done great all season and today. They'll be fine

GBMelBlount
12-20-2007, 10:59 PM
Only problem I could see is he getting injured, I heard he had some problems with that in Green Bay. but playing he's done great all season and today. They'll be fine

He is built more like Jerome & has good speed & good yards per carry as "#2" :wink02: Yes we'll miss Willie but I am very comfortable with dumping the load on Davenport.

HometownGal
12-20-2007, 11:24 PM
He doesn't have FWP's speed, but he got the job done tonight and I think he will rise to the challenge.

Crushzilla
12-20-2007, 11:30 PM

Ya so does every other running back up there, apparently.

Ironic, isn't it. All we hear is bitching about how our crappy field is going to get someone hurt then we go to the dome and our number #1 and #2 (though Najeh would return) get twisted up in the artificial surface...

Lord Stiller
12-20-2007, 11:34 PM
The answer is YES!!!!

Davenport is playing great. If our weakass Oline can pick it up we will be alright

stlrtruck
12-20-2007, 11:35 PM
As long as he remembers not to drop the load until he reaches the ENDZONE

PalmerSteel
12-20-2007, 11:37 PM
i am VERY concerned about najeh getting hurt. he was given opportunities in his past to carry the load and has never been able to stay healthy. i think we may be in deep DOO DOO on our RB depth.

The Duke
12-20-2007, 11:44 PM
Ya so does every other running back up there, apparently.

Ironic, isn't it. All we hear is bitching about how our crappy field is going to get someone hurt then we go to the dome and our number #1 and #2 (though Najeh would return) get twisted up in the artificial surface...

I was starting to like the artificial turf until now. i hope the rooney's keep it now.

it could have been just bad luck that it happened on artificial turf, but right now real grass gets my vote

Lord Stiller
12-20-2007, 11:46 PM
As long as he remembers not to drop the load until he reaches the ENDZONE

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

The DUMPTRUCK!!!

revefsreleets
12-22-2007, 08:25 PM
Carey Davis and Gary Russell are going to have to have a "birth by fire" over the next few weeks. Davenport suffers from big back syndrome, meaning he will get beat down if he carries the ball 25-30 times a game. He's not durable enough to carry the load.

geo123
12-23-2007, 12:15 PM
They should be careful not to over work any of the backs, but they will all have to be ready for more work than they've had.

Maybe they'll go more to the pass. Spread the ball around, and throw some deep passes. A lot can happen on a deep pass; it can be caught, we could get a pass int. or call or a holding call.