PDA

View Full Version : Whats it going to take . . .

VolatileMan
12-20-2007, 10:18 PM
to light a fire uder our defense's asss!!

VolatileMan

cubanstogie
12-20-2007, 10:19 PM
a new blitzing scheme. We can't get pressure on QB. Without pressure our D is average at best.

nicesteel4life
12-20-2007, 10:20 PM
SWATS!!!!!

HometownGal
12-20-2007, 10:21 PM
Playing 60 minutes instead of 30. They looked pretty good in the 2nd half. That's not going to fly against good teams.

Steel_Bus_24
12-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Whats most shocking to me about our D is how weak they look....always arm tackling and letting the ball carriers hit them first........That crap is not supposed to happen on a Steeler's D.

You throw in the non existent pass rush and our D looks downright mediocre and on the verge of bad

Edman
12-20-2007, 10:27 PM
Stop dancing around when rushing.

It seems like the Steelers' blitz, it takes 3 seconds to develop. Too DAMN long. Also doesn't help that the tackling sucks. That's the prime reason why the Run Defense took a severe step back. Poor, sloppy tackling.

TackleMeBen
12-20-2007, 10:45 PM
Playing 60 minutes instead of 30. They looked pretty good in the 2nd half. That's not going to fly against good teams.

you mean the pats and colts????:wink02:

Lord Stiller
12-20-2007, 10:51 PM
Lets face it, we cant make up for losing Aaron Smith and Ryan Clark

Aaron Smith is an absolute beast on the line and was a key to us stuffing the run. Keisel is not as good as Von Olhoffen was and Kirshie/Eason is below average

We all see now why Clark was starting over Smith. Clark was really great in coverage and a smart player.

Bottom line is when you run a 3-4, you better have 3 tough SOB's up front and now we dont

SteelCityMan786
12-20-2007, 11:29 PM

Looks like the woke up from that funk. Hopefully it's soon to start a new trend.

jjpro11
12-21-2007, 12:03 AM
i week off next week might help.. thats about it at this point.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-21-2007, 12:06 AM
I dont know, but the few plays that Woodley was in he was on the quarterback

Preacher
12-21-2007, 12:09 AM
I have to admit.

I like the fact that we played on Thursday. This gives us a week and a half off before our next game. That game MAY not mean anything, depending on what teams do on Sunday, which means that we may be rested up come playoffs.

I never thought we would take the SB this year. However, I had hopes for a decent run in the playoffs.

Making it to the 2nd game would be great. AFCCG would be fantastic. Anything after that... a miracle.

FourThreeMafia
12-21-2007, 12:30 AM
We are missing Aaron Smith.

And whoever said CHANGE THE BLITZING SCHEME...stop talking.

We have very little interior pass rush, and Clark Haggans is very average at getting after the QB. If we get another quality DLineman that can cave the pocket, along with Hampton, our pass rush will improve. Aaron Smith is decent in helping Casey, but is more of a run stuffer. Keisel is better off the edge. I wish we had Adam Carriker right now...he would be perfect. The pass rush would DRAMATCALLY improve with someone like him.

There is nothing wrong with the schemes. Its getting old seeing people blaming coaching and schemes when its quite clear its just a lack of talent.