PDA

View Full Version : Taylor: were the announcers watching the same game as me?

Mosca
12-20-2007, 10:41 PM
I thought Ike Taylor had a great game. The PI was ticky-tack. Otherwise, IMO he had some nice defenses, and the stuff they completed on him were the foot draggers that were perfectly executed; if it's done perfectly, no one will stop that play.

The Duke
12-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Ike Taylor for defensive player of the week!

lol, I know it's early, but remember the last time he had an interception and a game like this he was the DPOW. and now with a touchdown even better.

once he gets nominated steelers fans will just instantly vote for him a lot

Rhee Rhee
12-21-2007, 01:24 AM
psh shoulda made the probowl... this kid was shutdown material all year (except pats game but thats cause there was no safety over the top)

Rotorhead
12-21-2007, 09:29 AM
Tailor . . . what about Townsend, he had so many passes defended I could not keep count, grats to him

Jman
12-21-2007, 09:33 AM
Both corners have played very well in the scheme.

atrus20
12-21-2007, 11:25 AM
The cornerbacks as a unit have improved this year. Its nice to not blow big plays on a constant basis (minus the pats game of course) to pass happy teams.

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2007, 11:35 AM
Both Corners played their assignments well and did a great job against 2 of the best receivers in the the sport for the last 8 years. Especially considering the D wasn't getting enough pressure on the QB.

As for the announcer, it was Deon Sanders who was saying Ike wasn't playing well enough, and basically, he was just pointing out that Ike should be "popping" Holt or Bruce at the line and not giving him so many free releases. Deon was a prick and a jerk when he played...but the man could play.

STEELtownHAVOX
12-21-2007, 12:11 PM
In general, the announcers were pretty sad. I swear they kept saying false or stupid stuff the entire game. Although, occasionally they were on the ball. Bah, maybe I was a little delirious since I was kind of sleepy.

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2007, 12:30 PM
In general, the announcers were pretty sad. I swear they kept saying false or stupid stuff the entire game. Although, occasionally they were on the ball. Bah, maybe I was a little delirious since I was kind of sleepy.

They need good football minds in their. And Bryant Gumbel AIN'T ONE OF EM'!

skinart82
12-21-2007, 03:02 PM
At one point they actually said that cleveland was the division leader......? Study up on the game before you talk!

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2007, 03:37 PM
How many times did Gumbel refer to the Rams as the Steelers and the Steelers as the Rams...that guy was an idiot all night long.

SteelerFanInCA
12-21-2007, 03:58 PM
I'd had to laugh when they thought the false start penalty by the Rams was a delay of game penalty. :dang::dang:

Those guys are all clueless.

NashvilleCat
12-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Both Corners played their assignments well and did a great job against 2 of the best receivers in the the sport for the last 8 years. Especially considering the D wasn't getting enough pressure on the QB.

As for the announcer, it was Deon Sanders who was saying Ike wasn't playing well enough, and basically, he was just pointing out that Ike should be "popping" Holt or Bruce at the line and not giving him so many free releases. Deon was a prick and a jerk when he played...but the man could play.
Deon was criticizing someone for not hitting? He was kidding right? He was allergic to contact when he played.

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Not so much for not tackling, but for not initiating contact (or holding in tight if you're Deon) off the line of scrimmage. Deon actually admitted last night, he didn't tackle running backs...he was purely a cover guy.

Stlrs4Life
12-21-2007, 05:15 PM
Don't know what they said as I listen to the game on the radio and mute the TV. But Ike had a great game yesterday.

geo123
12-21-2007, 05:25 PM
Bryant Gumble is hard to listen to call a game.
The corners and safeties all played well. The pass int. call was really bad, it should either have been offensive or no call.

moedap
12-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Gumbel made the same mistake of calling one team the other the last game on NFL Net. He maybe coming done with Alzheimers.

stillers4me
12-21-2007, 08:55 PM
Gumbel made the same mistake of calling one team the other the last game on NFL Net. He maybe coming done with Alzheimers.

You're kidding, right??

Somehow.....and I don't know how.........he know that Sepulveda was going to punt with his left foot. Before he ever even kicked it...............................................

The guy is freakin' psychic..........

:sofunny:

duke0476
12-21-2007, 11:33 PM
Gumble Twice called RB frank Gore Al Gore
But the one comment that made me want to drive to St. Louis get out of my car and slap him was when after he finds out Parker is out for the season he says
"Well at least now there is Justice for Fred TAylor to go to the pro bowl."
I swear he makes Dennis Miller look good

jjpro11
12-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Gumble Twice called RB frank Gore Al Gore
But the one comment that made me want to drive to St. Louis get out of my car and slap him was when after he finds out Parker is out for the season he says
"Well at least now there is Justice for Fred TAylor to go to the pro bowl."
I swear he makes Dennis Miller look good

people should complain to the nfl network and make him apologize on air for acting like a huge prick and disrespecting willie parker like that.

Steeldude
12-22-2007, 12:40 AM
I thought Ike Taylor had a great game. The PI was ticky-tack. Otherwise, IMO he had some nice defenses, and the stuff they completed on him were the foot draggers that were perfectly executed; if it's done perfectly, no one will stop that play.

look no further than who the announcers were at the game. the announcers rarely know anything about the teams playing. in fact, they rarely know what's going on period.

in one game earlier in the year i remember phil simms saying simmons is having a great season :sofunny:

The Duke
12-22-2007, 01:33 AM
look no further than who the announcers were at the game. the announcers rarely know anything about the teams playing. in fact, they rarely know what's going on period.

in one game earlier in the year i remember phil simms saying simmons is having a great season :sofunny:

great, so we either have stupid guys in the booth or guys that just drool over Tom Brady and the pats balls.

thank you NFL :dang:

they seriously should consider new announcers

AvoidLLoyd95
12-22-2007, 04:50 AM
Gum"ball" is a twit who should not be on the network period! I found myself yelling at him more than the Steelers porous defense as of late.

steel striker
12-22-2007, 05:21 PM
Well as far as Sanders goes he has his favortes like D. Hall ect. Now Sanders could cover an d, also could return touchdowns but, could not tackle my dog. It seems they kept making excuses for the Rams and, not wanting to get the steelers any props.