PDA

View Full Version : Playoffs or not?

eafratitpm3
12-21-2007, 12:46 AM
I thought if we won tonight we would at least make the playoffs as a wild card but I saw after the game they said that Tennessee has to lose before we are in.

MACH1
12-21-2007, 12:49 AM
that or we win our division.

fansince'76
12-21-2007, 12:51 AM
I thought if we won tonight we would at least make the playoffs as a wild card but I saw after the game they said that Tennessee has to lose before we are in.

If the Browns lose Sunday (which I personally don't see happening), we win the division and are guaranteed at least the 4th seed.

jjpro11
12-21-2007, 01:00 AM
its because we faced an nfc opponent... and it had no tie breaker implications.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
12-21-2007, 01:05 AM

were in as far as I know...
If the Browns lose on to the Bengals then we clinch the division..
If not.............We win the tie breaker..and get in anyway

jjpro11
12-21-2007, 01:08 AM
were in as far as I know...
If the Browns lose on to the Bengals then we clinch the division..
If not.............We win the tie breaker..and get in anyway

no.. the titans would have 8 conference wins if they win out.. if we lose to baltimore, we would only have 7.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-21-2007, 01:20 AM
They said in the news that the Steelers clinch a playoff spot with the win tonight.

FourThreeMafia
12-21-2007, 01:23 AM
We control our destiny.

Of course, Id like the Browns to lose this week so we can rest some starters next week, but if not, we should beat the Ravens. No reason we shoudnt.

Edman
12-21-2007, 02:08 AM
Steelers didn't clinch anything with this win. They had a chance last week against JAX and blew it. But now they are in control of their own destiny. All they need to do is beat Baltimore and they're in.

To clinch early, it's all a matter of hoping Suckland or Tennesee loses.

Rhee Rhee
12-21-2007, 02:19 AM
this nfl playoffs is just stupid... almost as bad as the BCS... we beat cleveland twice... once when they suckedd and again when everyone thought they were nuts... we own the divison.. enough said...

Galax Steeler
12-21-2007, 04:54 AM
We need for cleveland to loose or tennessee to loose I would rather see cleveland go down.

bozz723
12-21-2007, 06:22 AM
We need for cleveland to loose or tennessee to loose I would rather see cleveland go down.

It is a guaranteed fact the Browns will lose sunday. 100% guaranteed. The bengals are a flat out better football team.

stillers4me
12-21-2007, 06:34 AM
It is a guaranteed fact the Browns will lose sunday. 100% guaranteed. The bengals are a flat out better football team.

Just ask them.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-21-2007, 06:59 AM
AFC

Division leaders

1. *New England Patriots
Now that home-field advantage is wrapped up, there's nothing left to play for in the regular season ... or is there?
2. z-Indianapolis Colts
The Colts are locked into the No. 2 playoff position. With nothing to play for in final two weeks, might be time to get healthy.
3. y-San Diego Chargers
Don't tell the Chargers they have nothing to play for. A No. 3 seed means avoiding the Patriots for one more week.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers
They can wrap up the AFC North this weekend, but can they recover from the loss of Willie Parker?

Wild cards

5. Jacksonville Jaguars
Their win at Pittsburgh on Sunday sent a message around the AFC and nearly solidified the No. 5 seed.
6. Cleveland Browns
They still have an outside shot at a division crown, but their main focus right now is just getting in.

Still in the hunt

Tennessee Titans
The remaining schedule includes one team playing for next season and another that is likely to be resting for the playoffs.

SOOOOOO....WEEK 16 SCENARIOS
Pittsburgh can clinch AFC North title (and a playoff berth) if: CLE loss.
Pittsburgh clinches playoff berth: TEN loss or tie.

shevdog
12-21-2007, 09:13 AM
As far as I am concern, the Steelers are in the playoffs and have clinched the division. Now of course, that isn't the case yet. I am hoping for a Browns to lose against the Bengles this weekend so that deal is sealed. Even better, I'd like to see the Clowns miss the playoffs, which is very doubtful at this point. Yet I guess facing the Browns in the playoffs is more a win for the Steelers, yet I rather they not have a shot at a Super Bowl, in case they rip off what they Steelers did in 2005-06.

Next week the Steelers play the Ratbirds in Bawlmer, which on paper should be a win. (So were most of our losses). I can't wait to see the Ratbirds get swept by the Steelers, which seals the deal for sure for the AFC North title no matter what happens this weekend.

And I'd love to see the Tuna get win #2 against the Patsies!

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2007, 09:32 AM
Its in our own hands, and that's what's important. We control our own destiny and don't have to rely on other teams to lose. We beat the Ravens, we are in.

Atlanta Dan
12-21-2007, 09:39 AM
Its in our own hands, and that's what's important. We control our own destiny and don't have to rely on other teams to lose. We beat the Ravens, we are in.

The 10 day rest has to help - a Cleveland loss on Sunday and 2 week rest for everybody while Arians works up a post-FWP offense (memo to Bruce - lose the play action fakes - without Fast Willie back there nobody is biting) would be even better. Ben really needs a rest.

If it is necessary to win in Baltimore, I look for selling out on the run on D like the second half last night + daring Boller to beat you. But i fear for Ben if he has to play next Sunday with no FWP to keep the pass rush honest.

touchdownward
12-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Bizarro World

bozz723
12-21-2007, 11:16 AM
No, it's not.

Just look at these two teams. They are carbon copies of each other. The defenses are both just as bad, and Cincy's offense is flat out better than the Browns. Every Browns win was unimpressive, and they won last week only because of snow.

Do not for one second think the Browns are good, because they are not.

Their record could just as easily be 5-9 or worse. Cincinnati wins this won by 10 at least.

MACH1
12-21-2007, 11:38 AM
No, it's not.

Just look at these two teams. They are carbon copies of each other. The defenses are both just as bad, and Cincy's offense is flat out better than the Browns. Every Browns win was unimpressive, and they won last week only because of snow.

Do not for one second think the Browns are good, because they are not.

Their record could just as easily be 5-9 or worse. Cincinnati wins this won by 10 at least.

The browns up till last night are just as good as we are. If they win sunday they still are. Both will be 10-5.

The_WARDen
12-21-2007, 11:55 AM
As Bill Parcells would say, they are what they are. Right now the Clowns are 9-5 and the Bungles are 5-9. There's a reason for that.

Jeremy
12-21-2007, 11:58 AM
You're not going to fool many people in the NFL. Cleveland is winning because they have a good football team. Are they up there with New England and the Colts? No they're not. But they could beat the Steelers, Jacksonville, and Tennessee and those are the three team looking to lock up the other playoff berths in the AFC. Cleveland could easily be playing in Foxboro against the Pats in the AFCCG.

cubanstogie
12-21-2007, 12:02 PM
The browns up till last night are just as good as we are. If they win sunday they still are. Both will be 10-5.

lets see, they played us close one game and they are as good as us. I don't think so. The only way Brownies score on us is through big plays to Edwards, Winslow or Cribbs.
I could see the Bungles taking them down especially if they had heart. We all know their WR's don't have any.

MACH1
12-21-2007, 12:22 PM
lets see, they played us close one game and they are as good as us. I don't think so. The only way Brownies score on us is through big plays to Edwards, Winslow or Cribbs.
I could see the Bungles taking them down especially if they had heart. We all know their WR's don't have any.

Lets see, we lost to the cards, broncos and jets. Doesn't exactly make us an elite team. The clowns aren't an elite team either but record wise their just as good. As far as making big plays isn't that whats its all about, busting big plays? Now we are without willie, were going to need an o-line that can block and rely on ben and our receivers more to make the "big play" And hopefully the ST and D makes a better showing for its self. So ya, as of now I'd say the browns are just as good as we are. IMO

cubanstogie
12-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Lets see, we lost to the cards, broncos and jets. Doesn't exactly make us an elite team. The clowns aren't an elite team either but record wise their just as good. As far as making big plays isn't that whats its all about, busting big plays? Now we are without willie, were going to need an o-line that can block and rely on ben and our receivers more to make the "big play" And hopefully the ST and D makes a better showing for its self. So ya, as of now I'd say the browns are just as good as we are. IMO

I never said we were elite. without a great or even good o-line its impossible to be elite. I just think we are better than the Browns. The odds are if we play them again Cribbs will not have two run backs of over 90 yards. Edwards and Winslow will probably have big games and we will stop Lewis for a third victory over them. They can beat us if they play perfect, just like we need to play perfect to beat Pats,Colts and even Jags.

bozz723
12-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Whoever thinks the Browns are as good as us because of their record needs to watch more football.

Like the guy above me, the Browns can only beat us if they play perfect football and we make catastrophic mistakes. Kinda like what happened the last time we played. That game was in all reality, a blowout.

They will lose to the Bengals Sunday, and I hope to God we get them in the playoffs. I would love a rematch with NE, because it will be the same outcome as the Colts in 06.

Rotorhead
12-21-2007, 02:52 PM
Well in all honesty, we are not playing football to get past the first round of the playoffs, maybe into the second. I believe we will make it, cause we will beat the ratbirds (their emotional leader Rayray is out right?) and go in as the AFCN champs. I hope we can beat the Jags (I am assuming we will be playing them at home again) and start a streak of confidence.

warddj86
12-21-2007, 03:13 PM
I still see the Broncos winning Monday putting us at the third seed for good

X-Terminator
12-21-2007, 03:22 PM
The Browns aren't any better on the road than the Steelers are, so I see them losing to the Bungles on Sunday. It's the Bungles' last home game, and you know they are going to want to go out with a bang. Even though a win helps the Steelers, they'd still love nothing more than to put the whammy on the Browns' division title hopes.

MACH1
12-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Whoever thinks the Browns are as good as us because of their record needs to watch more football.

Like the guy above me, the Browns can only beat us if they play perfect football and we make catastrophic mistakes. Kinda like what happened the last time we played. That game was in all reality, a blowout.

They will lose to the Bengals Sunday, and I hope to God we get them in the playoffs. I would love a rematch with NE, because it will be the same outcome as the Colts in 06.

Who ever thinks their that bad needs to wake up. Or maybe they can play a perfect game like the jets, cards, broncos and almost miami in the muck against us. I certainly wouldn't overlook them like some people if we play them again.