PDA

View Full Version : It's ALMOST becoming pretty apparent...

Edman
12-21-2007, 02:46 AM
...We'll see Jacksonville again in the playoffs especially if this playoff scenario plays out. It's either them or Cleveland. So with that said, which team would you rather want the Steelers to face? Assuming they clinch the division of course.

Win the North: Clinch 3: Re-Face Cleveland.
Win the North: Clinch 4: Re-Face Jacksonville.

So, JAX or Cleveland? After what happened Dec. 16th, I'm very worried about facing Jacksonville again.

The Duke
12-21-2007, 02:56 AM
Cleveland definitely. Jax just has our number, the matchups in the the last few years have all been theirs. I actually prefer to defeat the Browns at home(which should be an easy feat) and then face indianapolis on the road.

Right now I think the jags are playing better than the colts.

But if we do meet them sometime in the playoffs the bring it on. our steelers aren't afraid for a rematch

jjpro11
12-21-2007, 03:13 AM
living in cleveland, i dont know that i could take a loss to cleveland in the playoffs.. im not saying they would lose, but the thought of a loss scares the living crap out of me. i'd be a nervous wreck the entire week leading up to and during the game. however, i think that path would be our best bet. if we win that game, we get indy next. the pats would have to face a hot jags team or a hot chargers team next. who knows what would happen.

bw87a
12-21-2007, 03:20 AM
i want the jags. i'm tired of losing to them and after playing them once this season, hopefully our top-rated D knows how to stop taylor and jones-drew.

jjpro11
12-21-2007, 03:50 AM
i want the jags. i'm tired of losing to them and after playing them once this season, hopefully our top-rated D knows how to stop taylor and jones-drew.

yeah.. dont fall for those damn cut back runs. our d has been way too over aggressive lately falling for play actions, pump fakes, and counter/cut back runs.

Galax Steeler
12-21-2007, 04:57 AM
I would take either of them I don't see why we can't beat them on any giving day.

susielr
12-21-2007, 09:21 AM
yeah.. dont fall for those damn cut back runs. our d has been way too over aggressive lately falling for play actions, pump fakes, and counter/cut back runs.

Since Taylor now replaces Willie at the Pro Bowl, I would love to face the Jags and shut down his running game to show Willie deserved it more.

DACEB
12-21-2007, 09:26 AM
I would prefer the Jags. I think it would be tough to beat Clev.(or any team) 3 times in one year.

I would rather face the Jags and then go to N.E. and beat them. I truly believe we would have a tougher time with Indy indoors, than the Pats outdoors in January.

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2007, 09:28 AM
I'll take the Jags...they don't play well under pressure, they had "nothing" to lose in the game against us this year, but choke under pressure of playing the colts or playing in playoff games.

the browns don't scare me, but they are playing as if they think they are good, and that's just scary. They need to know their place. Cincy will probably beat them this week as the Browns lose focus.

HometownGal
12-21-2007, 09:32 AM
I would prefer the Jags. I think it would be tough to beat Clev.(or any team) 3 times in one year.

:iagree: We already know the Browns are our beyotches. Let the guys gear up and show the entire NFL that they can beat a solid team who has had their number for many years. That's the mark of a true playoff contender. :thumbsup:

stlrtruck
12-21-2007, 04:18 PM
I'd rather have the jaguars again. I'm not keen on the percentages of beating a team the third time. Just me - besides being the 4 seed means we'd most likely get to travel back to NE!!!!!

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Lets see, who are considered the best 3 in the AFC...

3 the Jags...
2 the Colts...
1 the Pats...

Ok, then I want, in this order, Week 1 of the Playoffs the Jags, Week 2 the Colts and then Week 3 The Pats...then give me the Cowboys in the Superbowl and the SIXTH Ring will be OURS!!!!

And then, I can mass email all the infidel non-believers who have written us off, just like in 05 and I can make them all my biatches...muahauahauahauah....

Really, I don't care who we play, where we play, just Win.

moedap
12-21-2007, 07:47 PM
Lets see, who are considered the best 3 in the AFC...

3 the Jags...
2 the Colts...
1 the Pats...

Ok, then I want, in this order, Week 1 of the Playoffs the Jags, Week 2 the Colts and then Week 3 The Pats...then give me the Cowboys in the Superbowl and the SIXTH Ring will be OURS!!!!

And then, I can mass email all the infidel non-believers who have written us off, just like in 05 and I can make them all my biatches...muahauahauahauah....

Really, I don't care who we play, where we play, just Win.

I agree with you I want to play the Jags first. I feel a win against the Jags would prepare them well mentally going against N.E. A win against the Browns does nothing but instill false condifence going to play a rested N.E. Patriots team.

Steelersfan4life0655
12-21-2007, 07:57 PM
I dont really care who we have to face! they are both good opponets that can be beat. sure Jacksonville has had our number for the last few years, but theres always a start for us to dominate them. so ill be optimistic about this and say whoever, cuz once the playoffs start, new season!!

j-dawg
12-21-2007, 08:15 PM
:iagree: We already know the Browns are our beyotches. Let the guys gear up and show the entire NFL that they can beat a solid team who has had their number for many years. That's the mark of a true playoff contender. :thumbsup:

this is the EXACT reason i hope the Browns, if they can get in the playoffs, play the Steelers...

steel striker
12-22-2007, 06:03 PM
well to me it does not matter who we face because, we have the same problem our defense. Let's stop calling our defense the #1 in the NFL because, we are having trouble stopping anybody right now. We need to fix this asap because the playoffs are just around the corner and it does concern me. Now with that plus the loss of Willie Parker it seems to me that we have alot on our plate here. I have great faith in Ben and our offense but, if our defense does not play well we are in deep trouble. You might be able to get away with it in the NFC but, in the AFC with teams like Jags, colts, pats. We have our work cut out for us now I do have faith in our guys so, it will be some ride in the playoffs. Come guys let's get it together!!! :tt02::tt02::helmet:

Steeldude
12-22-2007, 06:16 PM
i want the steelers to face the jags and the pats. the SB won't mean anything if they don't face them.

Preacher
12-22-2007, 07:00 PM
i want the steelers to face the jags and the pats. the SB won't mean anything if they don't face them.

If we don't face them.... then we face the teams that beat them... and that says just as much.

Crushzilla
12-22-2007, 07:38 PM
I would prefer to play the Browns and let the Jags have the Pats in the Divisional game.

I feel like the Jags in NE, in the winter would be a REALLY good matchup and a great game.

If the Steelers would topple the Browns, Colts, and Patriots or Jags for the Super Bowl birth than I think that would be plenty of "statement."

First and foremost, I'd love a Steelers Super Bowl, but secondly the Patriots need to lose. This won't be a popular observation, but I have to say that the Jacksonville Jaguars right now have a better chance of doing that...

MasterOfPuppets
12-22-2007, 07:41 PM
this is the EXACT reason i hope the Browns, if they can get in the playoffs, play the Steelers...are you sadistic ??? do you enjoy the beatings ???....:moon::whip:

The Duke
12-22-2007, 08:51 PM
First and foremost, I'd love a Steelers Super Bowl, but secondly the Patriots need to lose. This won't be a popular observation, but I have to say that the Jacksonville Jaguars right now have a better chance of doing that...

definitely. although the same was said about the colts. and then about the steelers. and will probably be said next week about the giants :sofunny:

Fred Taylor plus Jones Drew in the snow would be deadly for the pats D which isn't as dominant as it was before. if the jags secondary can play like they were last year and before the pats could actually lose.

in the end it will come down to Brady and Garrard. if Brady finds success throwing the football it is more likely that the pats will win, if he struggles and Garrard plays the smart way he's played all season the pats can kiss the lombardi goodbye

Steeldude
12-23-2007, 07:48 AM
If we don't face them.... then we face the teams that beat them... and that says just as much.

no to me it doesn't:smile: the pats could lose to the dolphins any given week, but that doesn't make the dolphins the better team. any team can have a bad game. like the chargers/steelers playoff game back in 94.

i want the steelers to prove they are the better team by beating the jags and pats. well at least one of them :smile:

Edman
12-25-2007, 05:13 AM
Becoming even MORE apparent we'll see Jacksonville again...