PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I missed it, but.....

Jeremy
12-21-2007, 09:00 AM
.....where are the topics slamming artificial turf for causing Parker's broken leg?

Does anyone think it was the fault of the turf? Does anyone think this is going to give the Rooney Family even more pause before putting in the fake stuff?

Atlanta Dan
12-21-2007, 09:23 AM
.....where are the topics slamming artificial turf for causing Parker's broken leg?

Does anyone think it was the fault of the turf? Does anyone think this is going to give the Rooney Family even more pause before putting in the fake stuff?

That question popped up in several threads last night

I am a proponent of converting from a mud field but admit Parker's injury apparently was due to the rug - of course it must have been divine intervention that nodody other than Kreider had a major injury while playing in the bog for the Miami game

The irony is that Parker has been the one Steeler who has repeatedly stated he prefers playing on fast artificial tracks rather than running in the muck

And yeah I think the Rooneys will use this injury to try to avoid installing a field surface thay have opposed consistently

Jman
12-21-2007, 09:34 AM
And yeah I think the Rooneys will use this injury to try to avoid installing a field surface thay have opposed consistently

:iagree:

Good post AD.

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2007, 09:51 AM
I think the turf at St. Louis is a little different then the stuff the Rooney's were looking at installing, which is the West Virginia football field stuff and the current practice field stuff the Panther use. But yeah, we can pretty much expect more real grass next season.

stlrtruck
12-21-2007, 03:22 PM
I don't think the injury had anything to do with the turf, it just looked like one of those freak accident thinks.

It happens.