PDA

View Full Version : #27 Anthony (Guarentee) Smith

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2007, 11:50 AM
Well, after being shut up by the Pats, then benched by the Jags, I must say, Anthony did a good job in the game last night. Saved a td on a kick return, made a huge tackle on the Beast known as Jackson during a run play that prevented a 1st down and knocked the snot out of a Rams O-lineman on the Ike Taylor INT TD that opened the sideline for Ike to scoot in for the score.

Anthony Smith...I salute you.

Now keep your mouth shut and play hard.

BlastFurnace
12-21-2007, 11:54 AM
I still think this kid is going to be a good player. He made some poor choices in his wording prior to the NE game, but I still think he's going to be ok.

The media makes him out to be the 2nd coming of Scott Shields and that is simply not true. He's young, he will learn, and will be a good starting safety for us some day.

83-Steelers-43
12-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Was hoping LeBeau made it clear to him last season that his mouth and idiotic behavior would not be tolerated (recall it not being a "big deal" in this city because "he's young"), but apparently not.

The NE incident wasn't the first time he made an ass out of himself. Hopefully second time is a charm.

STEELtownHAVOX
12-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Yeah, Anthony made some solid plays. I loved how he laid out the O-lineman, Barron I believe, on the Ike interception. And that tackle on Jackson, real solid hit. Jackson is a big, big back, and Anthony showed him what was up on that hit. Get back in that line up Anthony!

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Was hoping LeBeau made it clear to him last season that his mouth and idiotic behavior would not be tolerated (recall it not being a "big deal" in this city because "he's young"), but apparently not.

The NE incident wasn't the first time he made an ass out of himself. Hopefully second time is a charm.

Yeah that first time making an ass out of himself is when he had the pick in last years panthers game.

83-Steelers-43
12-21-2007, 12:43 PM
Yeah that first time making an ass out of himself is when he had the pick in last years panthers game.

Then replying the day after something to the effect that he would do it again if given the opportunity.

Somebody wake me whe he get's his head on straight and wants to start acting like a Pittsburgh Steeler.

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Then replying the day after something to the effect that he would do it again if given the opportunity.

Somebody wake me whe he get's his head on straight and wants to start acting like a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Fortunately not all of them have pulled that stunt in front of the media.

7/39/43
12-21-2007, 01:28 PM
good player (joey porter jr) still when Deshae got burned he could of stepped up a little earlier to prevent the touchdown we'll see in a another year or 2,, hope he lives up to the way he played at OSU

jjpro11
12-21-2007, 02:28 PM
good player (joey porter jr) still when Deshae got burned he could of stepped up a little earlier to prevent the touchdown we'll see in a another year or 2,, hope he lives up to the way he played at OSU

smith played at syracuse

CanadianSteel
12-21-2007, 02:33 PM
Smith is not as bad a player as he has been portrayed recently IMHO. He is young and imroving in his coverage skills and does "lay the wood" better than any other player in our secondary. Heck he "lays the wood" better than most of our LB core...

7/39/43
12-21-2007, 03:06 PM
smith played at syracuse

yeah that's right my mistake

stlrtruck
12-21-2007, 03:31 PM
Now keep your mouth shut and play hard.

And play second string too - you seem to play better

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Agreed, being sent to 2nd string and put back on Special Teams, the kid realizes he has to step up his play. He has a future with the Steelers if he can get past the immaturity.

klick81
12-21-2007, 04:55 PM
It's about maturity. That is all.

Galax Steeler
12-22-2007, 06:18 AM
Smith will be ok he is just going through some learning curves now he will mature.