PDA

View Full Version : The Parker Effect

warddj86
12-21-2007, 02:16 PM
with willie gone, we may lose in the first round, i dont think that we will lose in the first round, but najeh needs BIG production for us to be successful in the playoffs

Atlanta Dan
12-21-2007, 02:39 PM
with willie gone, we may lose in the first round, i dont think that we will lose in the first round, but najeh needs BIG production for us to be successful in the playoffs

With Willie healthy the Steelers might have lost in the first round

I feel badly for Willlie (although I would have felt worse if it was a knee or achilles tendon tear) but it is not as if this ruins an anticipated trip to the SB - sometimes good luck runs out before the season does.

warddj86
12-21-2007, 02:54 PM
still

BlastFurnace
12-21-2007, 02:59 PM

I don't agree. Ben is the one we cannot afford to lose. Willie is valuable, but not someone that we cannot overcome the loss of. Najeh will do fine back there.

warddj86
12-21-2007, 03:07 PM
willie leads the nfl in rushing, but i guess you are right

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2007, 03:34 PM
The Steelers almost always lead the league in rushing.

Najeh needs to step up his game, Ben needs to be the best he can be and the freaking defense needs to STEP IT UP.

Galax Steeler
12-22-2007, 06:33 AM
I can see this team coming together as a unit and step it up a notch with willie out maybe a change in the backfield will work out who knows.

SteelersJW
12-22-2007, 08:10 AM
Even though Willie's gone, subbing our back-ups in and out might actually improve the running game for the time being.

cubanstogie
12-22-2007, 10:18 AM
If Najeh had the carries Willie has he would be leading the league in rushing. Yards per carry is the telling stat. Willie has had a down year. Blame it on the line, Willie bulking up slowing down, whatever. Im not saying Najeh better. I am saying this year Willie hasn't been a huge factor, and Najeh will fill in fine. obviously losing Ben would be the worst, but losing Hines, Santonio, or Heath would have been has big of blow if not bigger than losing Willie. Maybe I am in denial but I am not worried. Then again I think Steelers will win first round and anything else is just gravy. It would take an act of god for us to win the SB this year. We just have too many problems on O-line, and now our defense is becoming tired and porous.

cubanstogie
12-22-2007, 10:22 AM
Forgot to mention above in my opinion we are kind of like a Denver team as far as running goes. Don't get me wrong I love willies speed but I think you could plug in a lot of backs in our offense and they would be successful. I don't know how much credit to give Najeh for the game, some of the holes he ran through were huge. As someone else alluded to maybe it was patience, waiting for his blocks.

Steeldude
12-22-2007, 02:43 PM
the O-line might be better suited for davenport than parker.

IMO, losing parker should not hurt the steelers in the post-season. a porous defense and even worse O-line will be the problems to hurdle.

Edman
12-22-2007, 03:09 PM
Ben is the one the Steelers must NOT lose. He is literally superman for this team. He goes down, the Steelers are boned. Charlie is a good backup no doubt, but Ben is the man.

warddj86
12-23-2007, 03:47 PM
the defense isnt the same w/o aaron smith

Welcome To Smashmouth
12-23-2007, 03:54 PM
You've gotta have faith in your band of brothers, my friend. While Willie has been nothing but lights-out for us this year, The Pittsburgh Steelers are still going to be out there every snap, and that should be reason enough for us to believe!!

Najah will answer the call

Glace
12-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Davenport is going to do just fine. Mark my words. Some that speak so negatively about him just being a lifetime backup will be eating their words.

stillers4me
12-23-2007, 04:27 PM
They're gonna win it for Willie..............or at least give it their all trying.

steelpride12
12-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Looks like the first round will most def. be against the Jags, but come on Steeler nation have some heart and believe.
It was a close game against the jags and mabey Davenport is a better fit against a strong and physical Jags D!

Welcome To Smashmouth
12-24-2007, 01:26 PM
^ Just need to see SD go down in tonights game vs. DEN. Pull hard for those broncos boys, JAX + NE on the trip to the superbowl does not look ideal!