View Full Version : Timmons Breaks Hand in Rams Game

HometownGal
12-21-2007, 04:53 PM
The injuries continue to mount . . . :dang:

http://postgazette.com/pg/07355/843579-66.stm

Steelers' linebacker Timmons broke hand in game
Friday, December 21, 2007

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Willie Parker's broken leg wasn't the only significant injury incurred by the Steelers in their 41-24 victory last night against the St. Louis Rams.

Rookie linebacker Lawrence Timmons, the team's No. 1 pick, fractured a hand playing on special teams. But, unlike Parker, Timmons is expected to play in the Dec. 30 game in Baltimore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More details in tomorrow's Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

SteelerFanInCA
12-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Man, I can't believe how crazy the last few weeks have been with all the injuries.

Dino 6 Rings
12-21-2007, 05:00 PM
Every team is banged up at this time of year, hopefully he can play and be effective for us on kick coverage.

The Duke
12-21-2007, 05:16 PM
to think we were one of the healthiest teams at the beggining of the season. even after Clark's injury we were pretty much healthy. now injuries are everywhere.

well.....as long as he's ok and will play then good.

I have a feeling this guy and Woodley will be used in some way by LeBeau in the playoffs. he hasn't exposed them too much, so maybe it's for no one to see what they can do. who know....it's just a feeling

slippy
12-21-2007, 05:25 PM
i think it's wishful thinking that teams hold back somethiing for the playoffs; maybe a fake punt or one trick play. but why not show everythinig you have so teams have more looks than they can prepare for.

Atlanta Dan
12-21-2007, 05:26 PM
to think we were one of the healthiest teams at the beggining of the season. even after Clark's injury we were pretty much healthy. now injuries are everywhere.

I have a feeling this guy and Woodley will be used in some way by LeBeau in the playoffs. he hasn't exposed them too much, so maybe it's for no one to see what they can do. who know....it's just a feeling

They may be used if only because the starting LBs other than Harrison are running on fumes

Dynasty
12-21-2007, 06:18 PM
The best part IMO of the thursday game is that it gives us a lot of extra recovery time until the baltimore game

GBMelBlount
12-21-2007, 10:31 PM
They may be used if only because the starting LBs other than Harrison are running on fumes

Dan, could you expand on this? Are you saying late season fatigue in general?

SteelCityMan786
12-21-2007, 10:45 PM

Everyone is getting banged up.

The_WARDen
12-21-2007, 10:55 PM
Wait...he played?

Galax Steeler
12-22-2007, 07:35 AM
I hope he can get on the field along with woodley and get some playing time under there belts for next year.

Welcome To Smashmouth
12-24-2007, 02:42 PM
I was kinda shocked to see that he's gonna be up and ready for this week's game, broken hand and all...

Sounds like a warrior to me

xXTheSteelKingsXx
12-24-2007, 03:41 PM
I know that Timmons is playing through it but a thought begins to creep back into my mind. Injury prone. I know he has played the majority of the season injury free but don't forget about the preseason when he was out for a number of weeks with a groin problem. I hope I'm wrong and just being perinoid but it's a possibility.

Rhee Rhee
12-25-2007, 03:07 AM
hows he gonna play with a fractured hand... ouch

msafford
12-25-2007, 06:54 AM
I fractured my hand in high school. (don't ask! :smile:) It hurt, to be sure...but i was able to do most everything, including play the piano with very few limitations. I know that professional football is just a wee bit tougher, but it could very well be a small fracture. With a slew of trainers and lots of tape and padding, I'm sure Timmons will function normally, even without a whole lot of pain.

Lord Stiller
12-25-2007, 10:28 AM
I know that Timmons is playing through it but a thought begins to creep back into my mind. Injury prone. I know he has played the majority of the season injury free but don't forget about the preseason when he was out for a number of weeks with a groin problem. I hope I'm wrong and just being perinoid but it's a possibility.

I think that's a pretty ridiculous statement to call Timmons injury prone