PDA

View Full Version : Class Act

RP_McMurphy
12-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Even though in pain with a broken leg Willie Parker still managed to give Fred Taylor a call on Thursday night. Fred most likely will get Parker's spot but he's struggling with as he doesn't' want to back into it after not getting the nod to the Pro Bowl (that can be discussed ad naseum later). Thanks to Fast Willie for showing some class to Fred.

Can't do the linky thing yet but it's at the Jacksonville Times Union website under the Jaguars secion.

Mosca
12-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Here's the link (http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/122207/jag_228169468.shtml); nice story.

stillers4me
12-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Great story. Willie must be so disappointed......that just shows how much camaraderie these guys have. Nice job, Willie. You're another class act in the Steeler family.

Mosca
12-22-2007, 03:10 PM
Great story. Willie must be so disappointed......that just shows how much camaraderie these guys have. Nice job, Willie. You're another class act in the Steeler family.

Same goes for Fred Taylor as well, not wanting to back into the Pro Bowl, and also not interested in getting wrapped up in a nonsense game/personal goal when the real thing and the team goal is on the table in front of him.

Preacher
12-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Same goes for Fred Taylor as well, not wanting to back into the Pro Bowl, and also not interested in getting wrapped up in a nonsense game/personal goal when the real thing and the team goal is on the table in front of him.

yeah...

I came away from that article actually having a lot of respect for Fred...

I hope he goes, and plays just lights out! I also hope we see Willie on the sidelines basking in the sun... watching his 2X SB WINNER QB throwing passes....

yeah... I know I am dreaming... but a man can dream.

HometownGal
12-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Two total class acts in Willie and Freddie. :thumbsup:

Here's hoping they get the opportunity to play together in next season's Pro Bowl! :cheers:

Galax Steeler
12-23-2007, 07:38 AM
Nice article good job willie.

RP_McMurphy
12-23-2007, 09:33 AM
One thing that I am always impressed about Fred is that he has never let the fact that Tank Black took him for over 3 million dollars affect him and turn him into a nasty person. I want him to be the first Jaguar in the Hall of Fame.

Rhee Rhee
12-24-2007, 10:55 AM
i somehow hate fred taylor... not as a person but as a player because he's carved up this steelers defense waay to many times before... btw i can imagine him a steeler... idk y he just matches..

The Duke
12-24-2007, 11:57 AM
Taylor said he had always heard from former Steelers wide receiver Plaxico Burress about a "back that's going to take over once Jerome [Bettis] is done."

:jawdrop: Plax had something good to say about the steelers. I'm shocked

Thanks for the class willie :tt02:

Steeler in Carolina
12-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Fred has sure tore the Steelers up, but I have a lot of respect for the guy. He could easily be pouting around when the Jags drafted Jones-Drew, but he stepped up and has had a couple of good seasons.

Preacher
12-24-2007, 10:02 PM
i somehow hate fred taylor... not as a person but as a player because he's carved up this steelers defense waay to many times before... btw i can imagine him a steeler... idk y he just matches..

I loathe him as a competitor when he is on the field playing... because he is such a good player against my favorite team. However, that is also a backhanded compliment...

and that man deserves to be in the Pro-bowl.

Steelers
12-25-2007, 02:24 AM
Fast Willie Parker's a Steeler through and through. Glad to hear this.

CASTEEL
12-25-2007, 03:13 AM
Two great running backs showing respect for each other.... great read! Thanks for sharing.

Here's to a speedy recovery Willie --- and a nice time basking in the sun watching Fred run as your two time SB Champion QB hands him the ball.... :thumbsup:

Preacher
12-25-2007, 03:49 AM
Two great running backs showing respect for each other.... great read! Thanks for sharing.

Here's to a speedy recovery Willie --- and a nice time basking in the sun watching Fred run as your two time SB Champion QB hands him the ball.... :thumbsup:

Yep!