PDA

View Full Version : Bryant Gumbel of NFL Network

SteelersHoss
12-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Is it just me, or is he the worst football announcer on tv? Wow, I cannot stand to have him call anymore games. He has no clue what the hell he is talking about. Twice on Thursday, he said that the penalty was a delay of game, when they both were false starts. Doesn;t take a rocket scientist to know the sign for it. NFL Network, get him off!

Newzfoxjr
12-22-2007, 01:34 PM
I hate the guy. He can't call a game to save his life.

vader29
12-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Yeah, worst announcer ever. He's so painful to listen to so much that I hope the Steelers dont have a game on the NFL Network next season. :banging:

touchdownward
12-22-2007, 03:16 PM
He's terrible, but he's the only one that tries to keep the conversation about the game.
Even though he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. :uhh:

Galax Steeler
12-23-2007, 06:41 AM
He's terrible, but he's the only one that tries to keep the conversation about the game.
Even though he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about. :uhh:

Agree about him trying to keep conversation,also agree he don't know what the hell his is talking about.

7/39/43
12-23-2007, 07:01 AM
horrific not only him but all them clowns Chris,deon marshall all idiots

Elvis
12-23-2007, 08:40 AM
:coffee:
I think that they should have to could have found someone else that would have been better suited for their games this year. There just be not many good announcers out there. I am just glad that the Steelers didnt have to play on their broadcast very often.
:tt02:

duke0476
12-23-2007, 10:29 AM
He should have been fired after what he said when Parker got injured

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2007, 10:47 AM
Is it just me, or is he the worst football announcer on tv? Wow, I cannot stand to have him call anymore games. He has no clue what the hell he is talking about. Twice on Thursday, he said that the penalty was a delay of game, when they both were false starts. Doesn;t take a rocket scientist to know the sign for it. NFL Network, get him off!

He and Pencilneck collinsworth.

SteelerFan091472
12-23-2007, 05:43 PM
He's awful. During yesterday's Dallas/Carolina game, he said the 12-2 Panthers were facing 6-8 Panthers.

12+88=6
12-24-2007, 03:03 PM
he's the worst. it was much better last week when tom hammonds called the game. i was hoping he would do the steelers game also but oh well.

they should get the old TNT guys. vern linquist and pat haden, they were good and i don't think they work for cbs or fox.

i actually liked faulk, especially when he said sarcasticaly "so as a def coach i won't even cover ward on third down" that was funny.

Borski
12-24-2007, 04:04 PM
He should have been fired after what he said when Parker got injured

What did he say?

vader29
12-24-2007, 11:30 PM
What did he say?

He said justice had been served with Fred Taylor going to the Pro Bowl. :pissed:

msafford
12-25-2007, 05:59 AM
I'm just waiting for the game when Collinsworth has had enough and goes off. Even though Collinsworth is a Steeler hating pencil-neck douche-bag, he has to be biting his tongue to NOT be telling off the president of the audio-visual club, aka Bryant Gumbel. Can't his brother Greg do the games? :smile:

Newzfoxjr
12-25-2007, 08:32 AM
Haha, that Greg guy is way better. But eh. I just usually mute the TV on NFL Network games. Not doing so ruins it. :o

Borski
12-25-2007, 09:41 AM
He said justice had been served with Fred Taylor going to the Pro Bowl. :pissed:

Wow...thats just cold.

delhess
12-26-2007, 07:29 PM
i like gumbel, but he is NOT a play by play guy. give him a nice little interview w/ just about anybody, and i like him, but, what the hell are they thinking at NFL network??

i have heard a lot of people bitching about this on sirius as well. most of those hosts don't want to bash him, but they end up agreeing he is TERRIBLE

i love the graphics and stuff on nfl, i think they do a good job w/ that, and also w/ keeping the conversation on football, but it is almost unbearable to listen to!!

83-Steelers-43
12-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Gumbel is an idiot. I was turned off by his Olympic comments a few years back. Those were conveniently pushed under the carpet. Nice. Listening to him on the NFL network makes me sick.

Mosca
12-26-2007, 08:21 PM
I was listening to Doug Gottlieb on ESPN Radio, he was saying that everyone around the campus there is talking about how bad Gumbel is. That's bad, when it is so openly discussed among his peers that it gets mentioned on the air, as if it's a given that saying so won't cost anyone; the feeling is universal and there will be no repercussions.

Atlanta Dan
12-26-2007, 08:33 PM
I was listening to Doug Gottlieb on ESPN Radio, he was saying that everyone around the campus there is talking about how bad Gumbel is. That's bad, when it is so openly discussed among his peers that it gets mentioned on the air, as if it's a given that saying so won't cost anyone; the feeling is universal and there will be no repercussions.

I agree Gumbel is terrible, but it is not as if he has ever worked for the Worldwide Leader
so Gottlieb was not risking anything by trashing him.

If Gottlieb wants points for speaking out let's hear him say whether clowns employed by ESPN like Emmitt Smith, Chris Berman or Kornheiser have any business going anywhere near an NFL pregame or game broadcast. It is always easy to trash the competition.

delhess
12-27-2007, 11:01 AM
here's the kind of stuff you are hearing on sirius nfl network. tim ryan tells it like it is!

gumbel.wav - 24.22MB (http://www.zshare.net/audio/5953267ffdf634/)

JPPT1974
12-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Guy is so self-serving and arrogant
No wonder he is there
They need to replace him with his much better
And much nicer brother Greg!:dang:

delhess
12-30-2007, 02:42 PM
typical call last night from gumbel

in monotone the announcer says :
"and it looks like that will take us to the 2 minute warning...." (watch the clock tick, 2:08, 2:07, 2:06, 2:05, 2:04, 2:03, 2:01, 2:00, whistle)"...... and it does, well be back"

i have never heard a play caller with so much dead air!

83-Steelers-43
12-30-2007, 02:59 PM
Thank God for WDVE Pittsburgh. Mute TV and put it on. Tunch's blind homerism is easier to put up with than Gumbel.

Busman
12-31-2007, 01:02 AM
Yeah I hate Numbnuts. He tries to hard to be a good commentator and ends up lookin like a tool

Unforutnately or fortunately we have a huge cast of characters.. We have Cris the raptor hands collingsworth.. Then you got Thannon Tharpe...

The annoucing as of late is atrocious..

For Shannon thats atrissssssssssssshg

GO Steelers its your birthday, 75 YE HA YE A R S

and I hate the Steelers Beat

rpv
01-12-2008, 07:41 AM
No emotion whatsoever. Even Joe Theisman will be an upgrade:smile:

12+88=6
04-12-2008, 06:25 PM
2 years too late if you ask me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhL9ni1muzvfDY.G7eNrVs5DubYF?slug=ap-nflnetwork-gumbel&prov=ap&type=lgns

Bryant Gumbel to give up duties as play-by-play announcer for NFL Network
Apr 11, 5:23 pm EDT

Buzz Up PrintLOS ANGELES (AP)?Bryant Gumbel has given up his role as an NFL Network play-by-play announcer after two seasons.

The NFL Network said Friday it was looking for a new play-by-play announcer to work with Cris Collinsworth on the network?s Thursday and Saturday night games.

?I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to call NFL Network games the past two years, which was a new experience for me,? Gumbel said in a statement. ?But we?ve agreed that we?d all be better served going in different directions.?