PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I ignore mods?

Jeremy
12-22-2007, 04:55 PM
That's a really stupid part of this website. I want to be able to ignore anyone I want.

HometownGal
12-22-2007, 05:27 PM
That's a really stupid part of this website. I want to be able to ignore anyone I want.

C'mon Jeremy - you're a very intellient guy. You have the choice to read or not read anyone's posts you so choose. Unfortunately, I can't put anyone on ignore, but there's really no one here whose posts I wouldn't want to read, even yours. :wink02::flap:

Preacher
12-22-2007, 05:32 PM
I got ticked when i realized I couldn't ignore myself!!

:wink02:

The Duke
12-22-2007, 05:50 PM

:toofunny:

tony hipchest
12-22-2007, 05:55 PM
yeah, i found this out when i offered to just put LITP on ingnore while he was a mod.

turns out you cant, and i just had to mentally use my brain to ignore half the crap that spewed from his keyboard (the other half was too good to ignore).

anyways, you know what? it worked. i barely even notice him now. :thumbsup:

fansince'76
12-22-2007, 05:55 PM
Don't read their posts. Simple. :coffee:

Preacher
12-22-2007, 05:57 PM
yeah, i found this out when i offered to just put LITP on ingnore while he was a mod.

turns out you cant, and i just had to mentally use my brain to ignore half the crap that spewed from his keyboard (the other half was too good to ignore).

NM

MasterOfPuppets
12-22-2007, 06:01 PM

i wished him into the cornfield......:toofunny:
he was a bad,bad man.....

touchdownward
12-22-2007, 06:08 PM

Yeah, I had to PM myself to remind myself that I couldn't ignore myself.
While I was at it, I added myself to my buddy list. :crazy01:

HometownGal
12-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I had to PM myself to remind myself that I couldn't ignore myself.
While I was at it, I added myself to my buddy list. :crazy01:

I'm ignoring you. :flap::wink02:

revefsreleets
12-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Makes sense in this case...since Jeremy clearly knows everything about everything, why would he even need to read other posts? We should just create a "Jeremy Forum" where we can all just enhance ourselves by imbibing on whatever pearls of wisdom he deems to drop on us.

Or, we could just ban him.

Either one works for me.......

ShutDown24
12-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Makes sense in this case...since Jeremy clearly knows everything about everything, why would he even need to read other posts? We should just create a "Jeremy Forum" where we can all just enhance ourselves by imbibing on whatever pearls of wisdom he deems to drop on us.

Good idea.

There isn't a mod on this forum who I can imagine anyone would want to ignore anyway. They all do a very good job of un-biased work when necessary, and none have outrageous comments.

touchdownward
12-22-2007, 10:00 PM
I'm ignoring you. :flap::wink02:
Aww, you wouldn't ignore me if you could. :hug:

HometownGal
12-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Aww, you wouldn't ignore me if you could. :hug:

Awww - you got me. I wouldn't. :smile:

SteelCityMan786
12-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Huh WHATCHU SAY?

sorry I was ignoring you. :sofunny:

Steeldude
12-23-2007, 07:16 AM

Or, we could just ban him.

Either one works for me.......

why don't we get rid of the forum all together? the steelers never make mistakes, right rev?

Steeldude
12-23-2007, 07:17 AM
jeremy, i believe the reason you cannot ignore a mod is so they can still warn you about infractions and so forth.

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2007, 10:42 AM
jeremy, i believe the reason you cannot ignore a mod is so they can still warn you about infractions and so forth.

As far as I am aware, that is the case.

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-24-2007, 12:12 PM
How come there are no comments in this thread!!!

ShutDown24
12-24-2007, 12:33 PM
How come there are no comments in this thread!!!

Because everyone is on everyone else’s ignore list :flap:

SteelCityMan786
12-24-2007, 12:42 PM
Because everyone is on everyone else?s ignore list flap:

Huh whatchu say?

Sorry I was ignoring you. :flap:

Preacher
12-25-2007, 03:59 AM
I'm ignoring the next person who posts in this thread!

unless they are already on ignore, in which case, I guess I have already ignored them!

(I give this thread about one more week before it is locked!)

Borski
12-25-2007, 11:32 AM
I'm ignoring the next person who posts in this thread!

unless they are already on ignore, in which case, I guess I have already ignored them!

(I give this thread about one more week before it is locked!)

Please don't ignore me!

Rhee Rhee
12-25-2007, 08:57 PM
What a complete and utter suck up. Drink the koolaid why don't ya. My gosh Mods are human ya know, they make mistakes , they have opinions that suck and on occasion they make outrageous comments, the biased kind.

Anyhow I'm have trouble ignoring all those words in BOLD print.

LOL:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

thats gotta be the funiest thing i've ever heard on this site.. lol!

p.s. im finally a starter! yay

CantStop85
12-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Sometimes I like to put everyone on ignore so it feels like I'm talking to myself. That way I can never lose an argument.

PS: Can one of the mods tell me what this thread's about...I can't see what anyone's saying. :flap:

Jman
12-25-2007, 10:23 PM
p.s. im finally a starter! yay

Congrats - don't make it to Team Captain. Team Captains are ignored by Team Presidents. :flap:

ShutDown24
12-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Sometimes I like to put everyone on ignore so it feels like I'm talking to myself. That way I can never lose an argument.

PS: Can one of the mods tell me what this thread's about...I can't see what anyone's saying. :flap:

I didn't think you needed to ignore people to win an argument :flap:

What a complete and utter suck up. Drink the koolaid why don't ya. My gosh Mods are human ya know, they make mistakes , they have opinions that suck and on occasion they make outrageous comments, the biased kind.

Hey, I have been a mod on a couple occasions, so believe me I know they are human. I also know how hard those guys work. What was I sucking up too? I don't gain anything from complementing the moderators, they really do a great job.

As far as the bold goes, yeah it is to get my posts noticed - So what do you plan to do? Ignore me!? How fitting. :wink02:

HometownGal
12-26-2007, 09:07 AM

Of course we make mistakes - as you said, we're only human. This is a very large BB with a myriad of different personalities and viewpoints and there are always going to be disagreements and opinions that differ from the status quo, but I view most of those disagreements (as long as they are done constructively) as healthy discussions which keep the board flourishing. Sure some of our opinions suck, but sometimes, that largely depends on which side of the fence (discussion) you are on. :wink02:

As far as being biased, I don't believe any of us are biased. Speaking for myself - I've infracted members who I have friendships with off the board (as they can well attest to) when they've violated a rule (rules which I feel are very simple and a part of any successful BB). When I see a post that is a bit "over the top", I normally send a PM warning that member of a violation and ask them to edit their post, which most members agree to do. If the hutzpah continues, then I give them the :pin::wink02: I don't play faves and I don't view my Mod position as being above anyone else's position here. I'm just a regular member like everyone else who was asked to help with the board's operation. There is a lot of work involved - more than members can view on the open board, but it is "work" that I believe all 3 of us enjoy or we wouldn't be doing it. :thumbsup:

ShutDown - thank you for the kind comments. :cheers: Now take yourself to the corner and drink that nice, tasty Kool-Aid. :wink02::wink02:

ShutDown24
12-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Of course we make mistakes - as you said, we're only human. This is a very large BB with a myriad of different personalities and viewpoints and there are always going to be disagreements and opinions that differ from the status quo, but I view most of those disagreements (as long as they are done constructively) as healthy discussions which keep the board flourishing. Sure some of our opinions suck, but sometimes, that largely depends on which side of the fence (discussion) you are on. :wink02:

As far as being biased, I don't believe any of us are biased. Speaking for myself - I've infracted members who I have friendships with off the board (as they can well attest to) when they've violated a rule (rules which I feel are very simple and a part of any successful BB). When I see a post that is a bit "over the top", I normally send a PM warning that member of a violation and ask them to edit their post, which most members agree to do. If the hutzpah continues, then I give them the :pin::wink02: I don't play faves and I don't view my Mod position as being above anyone else's position here. I'm just a regular member like everyone else who was asked to help with the board's operation. There is a lot of work involved - more than members can view on the open board, but it is "work" that I believe all 3 of us enjoy or we wouldn't be doing it. :thumbsup:

ShutDown - thank you for the kind comments. :cheers: Now take yourself to the corner and drink that nice, tasty Kool-Aid. :wink02::wink02:

Tasty :cheers: