PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Big Ben becomes a Bengals booster

stillers4me
12-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Steelers' Big Ben becomes a Bengals booster
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Sunday, December 23, 2007

After throwing for 261 yards and three touchdowns in the Steelers' 41-24 win Thursday over the St. Louis Rams, Ben Roethlisberger didn't hesitate to say he would be cheering for the Cincinnati Bengals today.
A Cincinnati win over Cleveland would make the Steelers champions of the AFC North and guarantee them no worse than a No. 4 seed in the playoffs.

"I'm going to give (Bengals quarterback) Carson (Palmer) a call," Roethlisberger said.

No Steelers player will be rooting harder for the Bengals than Roethlisberger.

If the Steelers clinch the division title today, they will have the option of playing Roethlisberger sparingly, if at all, in their regular-season finale next Sunday at Baltimore.

Roethlisberger had a precautionary MRI taken Friday on the ankle he sprained late in the Steelers' win over the Rams. While the injury is not believed to be serious -- coach Mike Tomlin will give an update on the Pro Bowl quarterback's status Monday at his weekly news conference -- Roethlisberger could certainly use some time off. Roethlisberger, who has thrown a Steelers-record 32 touchdown passes this season, had been nursing a sore (throwing) shoulder prior to hurting his ankle.

A Bengals win isn't the only way that the Steelers can qualify for the postseason today. If the Tennessee Titans lose to the Jets, the Steelers will be no worse than a wild-card team in the playoffs.

"I don't look for help from anyone," Tomlin said. "I want to get in on our feet and because of what we do. If it happens, great; if it doesn't, so be it."

If the Browns beat the Bengals, the Steelers still would be in good position to win the division. They would claim the AFC North with a win over the Baltimore Ravens next Sunday or a Cleveland Browns' loss to the 49ers.

I like the sound of that "Pro Bowl quarterback"................. congrats again, Ben! :tt02:
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_544120.html

Steeler in Carolina
12-23-2007, 12:21 PM
I will be cheering for the Bengals today as well. Ben could use next week off.

Newzfoxjr
12-23-2007, 01:29 PM
For some reason I just got a horrible vision of Ben in a Bengals uniform. XD

What a nightmarish vision. o_o

TackleMeBen
12-23-2007, 07:14 PM

that isnt even funny :jawdrop:

Stlrs4Life
12-23-2007, 09:20 PM
Thanks Bungholes!

83-Steelers-43
12-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Big Ben becomes a Bengals booster

Ben Roethlisberger didn't hesitate to say he would be cheering for the Cincinnati Bengals today.

Really Scott? I could have sworn I saw him inside Paul Brown Stadium today with a group of Brown fans wearing a dog mask and barking at the camera.

tony hipchest
12-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Really Scott? I could have sworn I saw him inside Paul Brown Stadium today with a group of Brown fans wearing a dog mask and barking at the camera.

i saw the same thing in carolina for the cowboys game.

or maybe they were jessica simpson masks...

:hunch:

Preacher
12-23-2007, 09:44 PM

:buttkick:

stlrtruck
12-24-2007, 09:03 AM

For even mentioning such a horrible picture you must be beaten with a bungals noodle!! I just don't know if it should be palmer, cj, tj, or some other noodle!!!

Rhee Rhee
12-24-2007, 09:48 AM
as much as i hate Tj houshmanzadeh and chris henry... i'll be honest and say i was rootin for 'em too