PDA

View Full Version : Big Bens ankle?

Pentheon
12-23-2007, 05:49 PM
I heard rumors he broke his ankle when we played the rams. Then I also heard it was an ankle sprain and he would be fine for next game.

Heard that they we're going to announce it Monday?

Hope hes fine

stillers4me
12-23-2007, 06:14 PM
He had an MRI.....Tomlin will talk about it at the press conference on Monday.

My bet is that he's fine, but Tomlin will play it like he did the shoulder last week. Keeps'em guessing.

83-Steelers-43
12-23-2007, 06:15 PM
I think he will live. According to his agent, the MRI was simply a "precautionary measure".

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2007, 06:35 PM
I think he will live. According to his agent, the MRI was simply a "precautionary measure".

That pretty much tells me he's fine then.

MACH1
12-23-2007, 07:16 PM
Here's a question.

If bens nicked up do we play him sunday or sit him and let him heal a little before the playoffs?

I think if he's having trouble with the ankle we let him sit. With a bad ankle and the way the o line has been blocking he might get killed if he can't run to good.

TackleMeBen
12-23-2007, 07:56 PM
i am sure he is fine. and i would let my starters play maybe the 1st quarter. we all know he is tough cookie and will be out there playing.

jjpro11
12-23-2007, 07:58 PM
i dont want ben in the game at all with our line.. its not like we can run a couple drives, max protect, and get him out without getting hit.. teams rushing only 3 guys have gotten past our max protect schemes and sacked ben.

Pentheon
12-23-2007, 08:50 PM
Yea our O-line doesn't show up to play alot and starting ben and/or playing him for a full game is asking for it. I say let him start and play a few drives and let batch take over, hes capable of doing it.

TackleMeBen
12-23-2007, 08:52 PM
maybe santa will grant my wish and get us a new oline or least get the one we have to play much better..lol...

83-Steelers-43
12-23-2007, 09:49 PM
If bens nicked up do we play him sunday or sit him

I would sit him. It makes absolutely no sense to play him.

stillers4me
12-23-2007, 09:53 PM
He'll play the first half.......get a huge lead and then Charlie will play the second half.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh......it's good to be king.

83-Steelers-43
12-23-2007, 10:06 PM
i dont want ben in the game at all with our line.. its not like we can run a couple drives, max protect, and get him out without getting hit.. teams rushing only 3 guys have gotten past our max protect schemes and sacked ben.

Nevermind the fact that the two teams have a legitimate hatred for each other. I can picture an 'accidental' low hit courtesy of Bart Scott on Ben Roethlisberger.

It's not worth it. It's bad enough we have Parker and Smith out. That's all we need, our starting QB out.

jjpro11
12-23-2007, 10:56 PM
ben has played in every game all season. one game isnt going to hurt his timing if he sits out. you dont think all the pounding he takes during games adds up?

SteelCurtain
12-23-2007, 10:59 PM
definitely sit him...no need for him to be in there and get hurt or banged up worse than he already is

steel striker
12-23-2007, 11:04 PM
No doubt sit Ben and, play Charlie. The rest will due Ben well and, then will make our playoffs run

FastWillieParker39
12-23-2007, 11:05 PM
Put Ben in there for like a quarter, maybe even a half. Of how pathetic the Ravens are I think we can win with Charlie back there.

Preacher
12-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Put Ben in there for like a quarter, maybe even a half. Of how pathetic the Ravens are I think we can win with Charlie back there.

Ding Ding Ding.

He will have gone a week and a half without a game, two and a half if he doesn't play next week.

I say you let him play two drives, just so that he and the receivers stay in rhythm. Then, put in Charlie Batch and pull up a RB from the Practice Squad to run the ball.

However, our O line needs to play and see if they can actually block someone.

SteelerFanInCA
12-23-2007, 11:52 PM
I would sit him. It makes absolutely no sense to play him.

Agreed. No sense in taking a chance and have him get hurt.

Galax Steeler
12-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Ding Ding Ding.

He will have gone a week and a half without a game, two and a half if he doesn't play next week.

I say you let him play two drives, just so that he and the receivers stay in rhythm. Then, put in Charlie Batch and pull up a RB from the Practice Squad to run the ball.

However, our O line needs to play and see if they can actually block someone.

Would that running back be gary russell.:wink02: