PDA

View Full Version : Cheatriots do what they want

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-23-2007, 06:07 PM
I've noticed that every single team in the NLF has Sean Taylors #21 on the back of their helmets. That is every single team in the NFL with the exception of the Cheatriots who are wearing #91 and who the hell is #91? Once again just shows you this team does whatever the hell they want.

stillers4me
12-23-2007, 06:18 PM
Why would they put #21 on their helmets........they've proven they don't care about anything except spitting in everyone elses faces since they got caught cheating.

ShutDown24
12-23-2007, 06:23 PM
#91 is for Marquise Hill a defensive end for the Patriots who died during the off-season in a jet-skiing accident. He drowned. They have worn it all year to honor him.

83-Steelers-43
12-23-2007, 06:24 PM
who the hell is #91?

Marquise Hill. The man died after falling off his jet ski and was attempting to save his friend. I think that's a pretty good reason to honor the man and wear the #91.

stillers4me
12-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Marquise Hill. The man died after falling off his jet ski and was attempting to save his friend. I think that's a pretty good reason to honor the man and wear the #91.

Nobody meant they shouldn't honor their own........other teams have more than one number on their helmets.

tony hipchest
12-23-2007, 07:21 PM
next season the nfl will require ALL teams to wear #91 on their helmets to honor marquis hill.

the patriots are that good.

iloveben7
12-23-2007, 07:51 PM
I know I noticed that awhile back. The Cheatriots only kept the number on for one week. The Broncos wear 2 of their own players' numbers and Taylors, so why can't the Patriots? Oh yeah I forgot, because they ARE the Patriots.

83-Steelers-43
12-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Nobody meant they shouldn't honor their own........other teams have more than one number on their helmets.

She or he asked "who in the hell" #91 was and why they wear the number on the helmet. I answered. Personally, I strongly doubt the Patriots are trying to stick it to the man or purposely showing disrespect towards the Taylor family by not wearing a #21. Moulder will get right on it I'm sure.

The Patriot
12-23-2007, 10:52 PM
Why would they put #21 on their helmets........they've proven they don't care about anything except spitting in everyone elses faces since they got caught cheating.

Marquise Hill and his girlfriend fell off a jetski in a giant lake north of New Orleans. They didn't have any flotation devices so they clung to eachother for hours until he found a buoy for her to grab hold of. They then seperated and she was rescued while Hill's body was found a day later. He died just like Sean Taylor, sacrificing himself to save his girlfiend's life but you didn't know that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Onh0V5xTk&feature=related

5by2010
12-24-2007, 03:11 PM
I know I noticed that awhile back. The Cheatriots only kept the number on for one week. The Broncos wear 2 of their own players' numbers and Taylors, so why can't the Patriots? Oh yeah I forgot, because they ARE the Patriots.
Let me get this straight, the Patriots are bad guys for only wearing the number 21 with Hill's #91 for one week. So everyone surely must be wearing 91 with 21 plus the Bronco's two numbers they wear. Just curious, what are the Steelers wearing? I hope they are not disrespecting us by not wearing a 91. I doubt anyone paid tribute to Hill but you have no problem with that. In fact the statement "who the hell is #91?'" is a bit disrespectful of our fallen player. Boy, some of you folks are really going out of your way to hate the Pats.

HometownGal
12-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Let me get this straight, the Patriots are bad guys for only wearing the number 21 with Hill's #91 for one week. So everyone surely must be wearing 91 with 21 plus the Bronco's two numbers they wear. Just curious, what are the Steelers wearing? I hope they are not disrespecting us by not wearing a 91. I doubt anyone paid tribute to Hill but you have no problem with that. In fact the statement "who the hell is #91?'" is a bit disrespectful of our fallen player. Boy, some of you folks are really going out of your way to hate the Pats.

I can't speak for everyone else, but as I've said many times on this board - I don't hate the Pats team. I can't stomach their arrogant, pompous, cheating, philandering coach and an owner who pats (no pun intended) that owner on the back for cheating instead of throwing him out on his ear.

I feel very badly that Marquise lost his life at such a young age and commend the young man for his heroic efforts to sacrifice his own life so that his girlfriend could live on.

However - I have to agree with what has already been stated in this thread - how difficult would it have been to continue to wear Sean Taylor's number on their helmets in addition to Hill's? It would have meant no disrespect to Marquise Hill and quite possibly would have shown that the Pats organization has a teenie bit of class. Instead, they've just proven what most NFL fans already know - they're all a$$ and no class.

The Patriot
12-24-2007, 04:07 PM
I can't speak for everyone else, but as I've said many times on this board - I don't hate the Pats team. I can't stomach their arrogant, pompous, cheating, philandering coach and an owner who pats (no pun intended) that owner on the back for cheating instead of throwing him out on his ear.

I feel very badly that Marquise lost his life at such a young age and commend the young man for his heroic efforts to sacrifice his own life so that his girlfriend could live on.

However - I have to agree with what has already been stated in this thread - how difficult would it have been to continue to wear Sean Taylor's number on their helmets in addition to Hill's? It would have meant no disrespect to Marquise Hill and quite possibly would have shown that the Pats organization has a teenie bit of class. Instead, they've just proven what most NFL fans already know - they're all a$$ and no class.
I didn't see #91 on any teams helmet this season. I don't remember any press on the matter except in the New England area. I don't recall a huge funeral with Jessie Jackson and tribute from players around the NFL. I didn't hear any sympathy for Bruschi when he cried for his lost friend.
Marquise Hill died and the world forgot him. His name wasn't even mentioned when Sportscenter honored those who had passed away. I don't know what determines class anymore

5by2010
12-24-2007, 04:26 PM
However - how difficult would it have been to continue to wear Sean Taylor's number on their helmets in addition to Hill's? It would have meant no disrespect to Marquise Hill and quite possibly would have shown that the Pats organization has a teenie bit of class. Instead, they've just proven what most NFL fans already know - they're all a$$ and no class.

How difficult would it have been to wear Marquise Hill's number on their helmets in addition to Taylors?It would have meant no disrespect to Taylor and quite possibly would have shown that the Steelers organization has a teenie bit of class. Instead, they've just proven what most NFL fans already know - they're all a$$ and no class.

HometownGal
12-24-2007, 04:42 PM
How difficult would it have been to wear Marquise Hill's number on their helmets in addition to Taylors?It would have meant no disrespect to Taylor and quite possibly would have shown that the Steelers organization has a teenie bit of class. Instead, they've just proven what most NFL fans already know - they're all a$$ and no class.

Nice try. You just proved my point for me - thank you! :cheers: :wink02::flap:

ShutDown24
12-24-2007, 04:51 PM
I didn't see #91 on any teams helmet this season. I don't remember any press on the matter except in the New England area. I don't recall a huge funeral with Jessie Jackson and tribute from players around the NFL. I didn't hear any sympathy for Bruschi when he cried for his lost friend.
Marquise Hill died and the world forgot him. His name wasn't even mentioned when Sportscenter honored those who had passed away. I don't know what determines class anymore

It is because of the time it happend. It wasn't in season or playoffs like Taylor, Nash and Williams. That is the explanation for perceived lack of attention, although it got a lot around here . ESPNEWS had a week long tribute to Hill so don't act like he was forgotten.

ShutDown24
12-24-2007, 04:52 PM
Sorry guys , I gotta side with the PATs fans on this one. Why is the rest of the league not wearing Hill's #91 or Darrent Williams #27 or Damien Nash's #29 . The list could go on and on many players have died in the last year and yet Taylor is the only one honored by the NFL, because it happened during the season and created media draw and revenue.

It isn't for organizations to decide. The strict uniform code only allows teams to wear their players which have passed away unless it is a special occasion like Sean Taylor (In season).

This whole thread has turned pointless. The poster didn't know about Marquise hill most likely because his death didn't occur in season, now that corrected there isn't any reason to be arguing in here. Players in the league are all friends with each other now days. 'Wearing his number' or 'not wearing his number' isn't a sign of dis-respect. What a childish discussion this has formed into.

The Patriot
12-24-2007, 05:11 PM
It is because of the time it happend. It wasn't in season or playoffs like Taylor, Nash and Williams. That is the explanation for perceived lack of attention, although it got a lot around here . ESPNEWS had a week long tribute to Hill so don't act like he was forgotten.

It's not about tributing Hill, it's about this thread. From what I've gathered, and I hope I'm wrong, is that your trying to say that the Patriots are trying to disrespect the league by only wearing taylor's number for a week. You make it seem like Belichick is dancing on his grave based on a number absent from the Patriots helmets. Grasping for straws meets a new low.

ShutDown24
12-24-2007, 05:14 PM
It's not about tributing Hill, it's about this thread. From what I've gathered, and I hope I'm wrong, is that your trying to say that the Patriots are trying to disrespect the league by only wearing taylor's number for a week. You make it seem like Belichick is dancing on his grave based on a number absent from the Patriots helmets. Grasping for straws meets a new low.

I think you should clearify who 'you' is. Assuming you are reffering to the originator of this thread, he did not know about Hill, then was corrected. No one has since said anything extremely negative about the Patriots as far as I can tell since then. Furthermore, there are plenty of teams who only wore Taylor's #21 for one week. Anyone who isn't highley observative wouldn't notice that, but it is true.

The Patriot
12-24-2007, 05:16 PM
^

Honestly.

ShutDown24
12-24-2007, 05:21 PM
^

Honestly.

I meant as far as Hill went and I think you knew that. You can't get caught cheating no matter how small or large of a cheat it was and not expect to hear about it. While I don't personally agree with what that user said, I can't blame him for saying it. I ask you to please refrain posting in here. An arguement started because of a dead player is disrespectful in and of itself in my opinion. Thank you.

The Patriot
12-24-2007, 05:26 PM
I meant as far as Hill went and I think you knew that. You can't get caught cheating no matter how small or large of a cheat it was and not expect to hear about it. While I don't personally agree with what that user said, I can't blame him for saying it. I ask you to please refrain posting in here. An arguement started because of a dead player is disrespectful in and of itself in my opinion. Thank you.

Are you kidding me! He's saying that the Patriots were deliberately trying to disrespect Sean Taylor by not wearing his number for more than one game. That is disgusting. I brought Hill up because not one team ever wore his number except the Patriots.

ShutDown24
12-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Are you kidding me! He's saying that the Patriots were deliberately trying to disrespect Sean Taylor by not wearing his number for more than one game. That is disgusting. I brought Hill up because not one team ever wore his number except the Patriots.

Again... He thought that to be true because of the fact he did not know about Marquise Hill... Therefore the 91 came as a shock; he probably thought it was a diss... That is a crazy assumption but judging the Patriots national reputation not an un-expected one.

silver & black
12-24-2007, 06:30 PM

As much as I hate the Patriots, and believe me, I hate the Patriots, I have to agree with you on this.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-24-2007, 06:34 PM
The Patriots have shown to be classless lowlifes this season. It started with Spygate and has gone on from there.

Do you want to know why the Steelers don't have #91 on their helmets? The NFL uniform rules forbid it, unless the NFL makes an exception (a la Sean Taylor's #21).

Sean Taylor was a major part of the Redskins' defense. He was also murdered, during the football season. That is a really big deal, it rarley happens. He didn't die due to doing something stupid, his house was broken into and he was murdered.

Hill wasn't murdered. He was actually being stupid by not wearing a flotation device. He made the desicion to ride a watercraft without one and paid the unltimate price for his stupidity. He did an honorable and brave thing by saving his girlfriend, but in the end, what he did was still stupid and his own fault.

The Patriot
12-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Hill wasn't murdered. He was actually being stupid by not wearing a flotation device. He made the desicion to ride a watercraft without one and paid the unltimate price for his stupidity. He did an honorable and brave thing by saving his girlfriend, but in the end, what he did was still stupid and his own fault.

You're right. He definitely deserved to die.

ShutDown24
12-24-2007, 07:13 PM
You're right. He definitely deserved to die.

Exaggeration is the trough from which fools drink.

The Patriot
12-24-2007, 07:21 PM
Exaggerating is the trough from which fools drink.

And understating leads to false judgement.

ShutDown24
12-24-2007, 07:28 PM
And understating leads to false judgement.

No one understated anything...

If you are not here to discuss football I suggest you leave. It is obvious you have no intent of talking about X's and O's like a respected poster, you must be one of those guys who tries to validate himself and his team by going to a foreign board.

The Patriot
12-24-2007, 08:07 PM
No one understated anything...

If you are not here to discuss football I suggest you leave. It is obvious you have no intent of talking about X's and O's like a respected poster, you must be one of those guys who tries to validate himself and his team by going to a foreign board.

This whole thread is an understatement. Find me a scrap of fact in this pile of libel. I have a right to express my opinion as do you. You can hate the Patriots or Belichick or whatever. I have no problem with that. Just don't form these outrageous accusations in an attempt to justify your emotions. In all honesty, I will never like anybody as much as I would if they wore a Patriots uniform. End of story. Maybe you should form your own realization and cut it out with these stupid conspiracy theories.

Rhee Rhee
12-25-2007, 03:27 AM
Marquise Hill and his girlfriend fell off a jetski in a giant lake north of New Orleans. They didn't have any flotation devices so they clung to eachother for hours until he found a buoy for her to grab hold of. They then seperated and she was rescued while Hill's body was found a day later. He died just like Sean Taylor, sacrificing himself to save his girlfiend's life but you didn't know that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2Onh0V5xTk&feature=related

wow i had noo idea... but anyway y can't u guys just add a little sticker on ur helmet... 15 seconds... at most..