PDA

View Full Version : Favorite non-Steeler?

ShutDown24
12-24-2007, 06:22 PM
Here is a question I haven't seen around here in a while... Who is your favorite player that is not a Steeler? Mine would be Ovie Mughelli the Falcons fullback... I liked him when he was a Raven but held that against him lol... He is just a beast on the field and off it he is a great guy.

Anybody else?

ohiosteelerfan20
12-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Well as of yesterday it has to be Derick Anderson:toofunny:

ShutDown24
12-24-2007, 06:30 PM
Well as of yesterday it has to be Derick Anderson:toofunny:

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

The Duke
12-24-2007, 06:38 PM
Favre. simply because he's the best, and I actually see some flashes of Favre in Ben

touchdownward
12-24-2007, 07:21 PM
I have to say rookie FS Reggie Nelson for the jags is high on my list if not at the top.
I teach at a special school and one of the mentally and physically disabled students is a big UF fan (Reggie's college team). I wrote the jags requesting a signed picture of Nelson and within 5 days of sending out the letter, the student had a signed (to him) photo of Reggie.
He had to have gotten that out the same day he received my letter. Mad props to him. :cheers:

I know he's a rookie and all, but most players want to charge you because alot of people are just wanting to sell something on ebay.

The Duke
12-24-2007, 07:39 PM
I have to say rookie FS Reggie Nelson for the jags is high on my list if not at the top.
I teach at a special school and one of the mentally and physically disabled students is a big UF fan (Reggie's college team). I wrote the jags requesting a signed picture of Nelson and within 5 days of sending out the letter, the student had a signed (to him) photo of Reggie.
He had to have gotten that out the same day he received my letter. Mad props to him. :cheers:

I know he's a rookie and all, but most players want to charge you because alot of people are just wanting to sell something on ebay.

that's pretty cool.

I don't know if I remember this correctly but wasn't there a story during the offseason about anthony smith wanting to charge for his picture or something like that?:dang: Am I mistaken in this? someone correct me if I'm wrong. but if it's true it shows you how 2 young players act differently

Steeler in Carolina
12-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Mine would be Clinton Portis. Don't know why, maybe because I have had him on my fantasy team for the last 3 years. This year, he seems to be playing very well. Washington signed Betts to a big contract last year, but Portis has sent him to the bench this year. He is one guy I would like to see in a Steelers uniform

ShutDown24
12-24-2007, 08:13 PM
that's pretty cool.

I don't know if I remember this correctly but wasn't there a story during the offseason about anthony smith wanting to charge for his picture or something like that?:dang: Am I mistaken in this? someone correct me if I'm wrong. but if it's true it shows you how 2 young players act differently

Smith and someone else (Ryan CLark maybe) were supposed to sign autographs but Clark (Or whoever it was) couldn't make it so Smith wanted his share too... I think the store canceled.

I have seen Favre in Ben since day one too, whoever said that.

Borski
12-24-2007, 08:16 PM
LT, Hes a nice guy that leaves it all on the field.

Rhee Rhee
12-24-2007, 08:18 PM
favorite non steeler has to be neil rackers the kicker from arizona... haha just kidding.. anquan boldin.. favorite reciever ever... he runs over people like jerome and catches the ball like jerry... thats a dangerous combo...

Newzfoxjr
12-24-2007, 08:47 PM
LT, Drew Brees, and Anquan Boldin.

pittsburghp8baller
12-24-2007, 10:54 PM
mine gotta be LT. ive watched since he was at TCU. guys always been a beast.

Crushzilla
12-24-2007, 11:21 PM
I gotta go with the Duke...

Hands down, Brett The American Dream Favre.

I could cite why, but the reasons are far too numerous.

Not only is he arguably the greatest Quarterback ever, but there are so many off the field reasons, as well.

The NFL will be a different league when (if) #4 hangs 'em up.

MACH1
12-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Barry Sanders....Just think what he could have accomplished on a real team with a o-line.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
12-24-2007, 11:43 PM
I got to cheer for any former Buckeyes but I also like Plax. He was my favorite player when he played in the Burgh and I still pull for the guy.

steelergirl07
12-25-2007, 12:27 AM
My favorite has to be Brett. Then Samson Satele of the Dolphins and Ikaika Alama-Francis of the Lions, because they are Hawaii boys.

Rhee Rhee
12-25-2007, 02:21 AM
My favorite has to be Brett. Then Samson Satele of the Dolphins and Ikaika Alama-Francis of the Lions, because they are Hawaii boys.

my friend is cousins with samson and hercules and she gets to see hercules everyweek and talk to samson on the phone regularly... im very jealous of her :)

jjpro11
12-25-2007, 10:30 AM
randle el and porter. they came up big during our super bowl run. both were my favorite players on offense and defense too. those are really the only 2 guys i find myself cheering individually for outside of the steelers.

steelergirl07
12-25-2007, 01:50 PM
my friend is cousins with samson and hercules and she gets to see hercules everyweek and talk to samson on the phone regularly... im very jealous of her :)

Wow that's cool. They seem like pretty cool guys. I hope Hercules makes it into the NFL also.:thumbsup:

SteelSurf
12-25-2007, 02:17 PM
All very good, Growing up in So Cal I hung out with a ton of Hawaiian and Pacific Islanders who played ball... some of the most carefree lovable beasts you could ever meet. Great guys and awesome food. Their families are neat too. Most were LDS Mormons,solid giving people.

I'm also a Favre fan, I think most fans would agree I would rather have him on a commercial then brady or manning. I met Favre very briefly after Hurricane Katrina when he came to thank a bunch of us Firefighters and Search and Rescue teams who volunteered to work there. His family home in Kiln Miss was banged up pretty well. He is genuine Good People. Not a stich of arrogance in that guy.He looks you right in the eye and is humble. To say I'm proud of him this year would be an understatement.

Tony Dungy is another guy I like,he always mentions his love for his days as a Steeler. Randle El is another guy that I also like and wish he were still a Stiller.

Pittsburghfan
12-25-2007, 02:28 PM
Adrian Peterson I watched him at Oklahoma.

Or Devin Hester just because he is good.

and LT because he is nice :) hahah.

STEELtownHAVOX
12-26-2007, 07:20 AM
LT, Chad Johnson, & Reggie Wayne

HometownGal
12-26-2007, 08:18 AM
LT (not only for his abilities on the field, but because of the great person he is)

Drew Brees

Adam Vinatieri :wink02:

TackleMeBen
12-26-2007, 09:22 AM
i loved troy aikman. he is my favorite

warddj86
12-26-2007, 10:22 AM
LT, hes a beast on the field and a great guy off of it

Michael Keller
12-26-2007, 10:41 AM
Paul Posluszny of the Buffalo bills. Of course I am from Aliquippa Pa, Paul's home town but because my best friend was one of his school teachers and goes to the same church as paul and his family and has stayed in touch with Paul I know quite a bit aboput this young man. He is a very impressive well rounded guy with all the gifts of athletcism , intelligence, moral character, leadership and determination etc.

He got off to a good start with the Bills before he broke his arm and baring injuries he will have at least a good NFL career.

Others: Favre & LT as to how they represent their teams .

RoethlisBURGHer
12-26-2007, 06:00 PM
I am a huge Drew Brees fan and a huge LT fan. Farve of course. Those will probally be the only three non-Steeler NFL jerseys I ever buy.

PAMillerGrrl83
12-26-2007, 07:32 PM
Blah I have just a couple, Dallas Clark from the Colts I absolutely adore him and he is such a complete sweetie, Tony Dungy *his book is a great read, he talks in depth about his days as a Steeler* and Reggie Wayne mainly because I think he's a doll.

SteelersMongol
12-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Mine would be Clinton Portis. Don't know why, maybe because I have had him on my fantasy team for the last 3 years. This year, he seems to be playing very well. Washington signed Betts to a big contract last year, but Portis has sent him to the bench this year. He is one guy I would like to see in a Steelers uniform

That would b nice. I'd like it. But how about Reggie Bush & LT? I think the kids r really good.

83-Steelers-43
12-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Tie between LT and Fitz for me.

CASTEEL
12-27-2007, 01:38 AM
Favre. simply because he's the best...

I'd have to go with Favre as well....

STEELtownHAVOX
12-27-2007, 06:32 AM
Oh, I don't know why I forgot him in my other post, but Joey Porter

Counselor
12-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Brian Westbrook and (don't throw tomatoes) Tony Romo (he's not better than Ben, but I like him).

vasteeler
12-27-2007, 11:34 AM
ill take heat for this one but i would say Randy Moss there is no better receiver

PAMillerGrrl83
12-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Brian Westbrook and (don't throw tomatoes) Tony Romo (he's not better than Ben, but I like him).

My husband pinches me every time I say that I like Tony Romo...dunno why but he strikes me as...nicer than Tom Brady haha.

cubanstogie
12-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Curtis Martin was always my favorite non Steeler, since he is retired I will go with John Lynch.

steelergirl07
12-27-2007, 03:24 PM
I think Tony Romo is an alright guy. Better than Brady and Rivers.

Steelerstrength
12-27-2007, 05:24 PM
Gotta go with Adrian Peterson of the Vikes. (not the Bears) He just flat-out runs the ball! Damn!

fansince'76
12-27-2007, 07:26 PM
For years, my answer to this question was simple: Curtis Martin. Now that he's retired, it's not so clear to me anymore. I've always liked Marvin Harrison - he produces year in and year out, and he's not a complete assclown about it, which is increasingly rare for big-name, big-numbers WRs.

The Duke
12-27-2007, 08:19 PM
For years, my answer to this question was simple: Curtis Martin. Now that he's retired, it's not so clear to me anymore. I've always liked Marvin Harrison - he produces year in and year out, and he's not a complete assclown about it, which is increasingly rare for big-name, big-numbers WRs.

I forgot about harrison. he's my 2nd favorite non steeler. Just imagine what a deadly combo would be Favre and Harrison in the same team.....

STEELtownHAVOX
12-28-2007, 07:08 AM
peyton and harrison is already lethal, i don't think favre could do much better than they have already accomplished

Elvis
12-28-2007, 04:06 PM
:tt02:
My 2 favorites.. since there would be a tie right now would be...
RB Steven Jackson Rams
Could you imagine him running the ball in a Steelers' uniform? WOW!!
LB Shawn Merriman Chargers
I would love to see him in Black N Gold as well.