PDA

View Full Version : In a way, I sort of want the Jaguars in the playoffs

FastWillieParker39
12-26-2007, 08:41 AM
I understand why everyone wants the 3rd seed so that we play either the Titans or Browns. I would be 100% ok with that if that happened. But in a weird way, I want the Jaguars.

Tomlin was PISSED after that loss to the Jags, it showed. He knows that wasn't Steeler football and I don't think he'll let them play like that again. I think I would want to play that a team that we'll have to REALLY play hard against, then against a team that we would think is easy and should roll over.

I also don't think this Steeler team will play like they did against the Jags earlier this year. Listening to the team, they weren't happy with it. Plus do you really think the Jags would roll over us like they did last time? Honestly? Yea I don't think so either because that is a rarity that happened.

I wouldn't mind playing the Titans or Browns AT ALL but you know what? Give me the Jags! If I were Mike Tomlin or a Steeler player, I would want another shot at them!

Jman
12-26-2007, 09:06 AM
I wouldn't mind playing the Titans or Browns AT ALL but you know what? Give me the Jags! If I were Mike Tomlin or a Steeler player, I would want another shot at them!

:iagree: I would want another shot too! Especially for the Steelers D.

DACEB
12-26-2007, 09:06 AM
I feel the same. I want the Jags and the Pats!!

Dino 6 Rings
12-26-2007, 09:12 AM
yep, I want the Jags, the Pats, then the Colts, because in order to "be the man" you have to "beat the man" and that's what I want.

The Colts are still the champs, and until they lose, they are the team to beat. Lets go out and do it the hard way, knock off the 3 "best" teams in the AFC and win it all the hard way. Nothing easy for us, lets get it done!!!

duma
12-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Well, I don't think there is much wishing for anything now. Unless Oakland manages a great game, we are going to see the Jags at the next home game. Oh, and then we get to prove the bad showing against NE was just that... a bad showing. Either way, I think we are in for a good show.

touchdownward
12-26-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm in the minority here by saying I want NO part of the Jags in the playoffs. Aside from the Pats, they are the most dangerous team right now and I wouldn't be surprised to see them bump off the patties if they should draw them.

I said in another thread a few days ago that the Jags are physical and hungry, reminds me of us in 2005.

Watch 'em.

rbryan
12-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Doesn't matter what anyone wants, time to get healthy for the Jags. Ravens are just an exhibition game / bye at this point. I still like our chances of beating the Ravens with Charlie Batch and the 2nd string to maintain momentum.

stillers4me
12-26-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm in the minority here by saying I want NO part of the Jags in the playoffs. Aside from the Pats, they are the most dangerous team right now and I wouldn't be surprised to see them bump off the patties if they should draw them.

I said in another thread a few days ago that the Jags are physical and hungry, reminds me of us in 2005.

Watch 'em.

I agree. If we don't make it, I'm hoping the Jags knock off the Pats and win it all. They've been playing really well and if we beat them, we will make a huge statement that we are back with a vengence!

Go Steelers!

AFC
12-26-2007, 10:12 AM

Watch 'em.

I have to agree. To first beat the Jags and then--if we even manage to get the W--the Pats will be immensely difficult. Personally, I am more interested in going the well-known "easiest team(s) on paper" route than trying to prove something against the Jags (and Pats). In my book, wins are what counts, and two W's in a row against two of the top three strongest playoff teams might be too much for this 2007 Steelers team.

But that is just my humble opinion.

It does not really matter, though. I cannot see Oakland winning against SD this week. But Christmas is a time of miracles...

warddj86
12-26-2007, 10:13 AM
i understand, but that game would exhaust them and to add on to their troubles, they have to go to foxboro to play the more-than-likely undefeated pats, and if by some miracle we win that, the defending champs will be waitin for us up in indy, and w/o willie, im not sure we can do it, if we do i think we'll beat dallas in the battle for six, but right now its a pipe dream, and right now im just hoping to god that its not a dallas-new england super bowl

warddj86
12-26-2007, 10:13 AM
san diego is not that good, they could lose to the titans

klick81
12-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Makes sense...whoever it is, BRING IT ON!!!

Stlrs4Life
12-26-2007, 10:47 AM
I agree WP, I'm not afraid of the Jags. If we can't beat them at home, there is no way we beat NE, at Foxboro, or the Colts at Indy.

stillers4me
12-26-2007, 10:48 AM
They said we couldn't do it on '05. The experts were wrong.

Indy beat us up bad in the regular season and we had to face them in the playoffs.
The odds were stacked against us........ sound familiar?

Anything could happen.........let's getter done, boys! :tt02:

Dino 6 Rings
12-26-2007, 10:49 AM
Jags have a young QB, with Zero playoff experience and have never been good under pressure. Sure, winning a regular season game in Pittsburgh was huge, but it wasn't a playoff game, and they have yet to beat the Colts for the southern title. So until they show me they are worthy of praise, they are just this years chargers and are going to be exposed come pressure time.

The Duke
12-26-2007, 10:59 AM
Jags have a young QB, with Zero playoff experience and have never been good under pressure.

Jax is a great team, but I think this may be their downfall, they have almost no experience in the playoffs and that may cost them.

Bring them on to pittsburgh, I want our guys fired up for them and get revenger for last weeks loss

Steeldude
12-26-2007, 11:39 AM
nothing weird about it. i want the steelers to end up playing the jags and the pats.

Edman
12-26-2007, 12:26 PM
The Jags are playing strong. They beat us a few days ago, but I'm not scared of them. Worried? Definately. Scared? No.

They dominated the TOP, ran all over the D and still managed to eke us by just 7.

Same with New England. They beat us, I'm worried about them, but I'm not scared of them. NE had to pull off a trick play just to seperate from the Steelers for good. The score may have looked lopsided, but the Steelers left several points out on that field.

You may say this is just stupid bravado, but then again, people said the Steelers didn't stand a chance against the Colts in 2005. It's the playoffs, anything can happen.

pittsburghgirl8786
12-26-2007, 12:40 PM
I also agree completely! The Jags bring out the best in our guys, and allow us to play smashmouth football, which is what we do best! I also think if given the oppurtunity the Jags or us could beat the Pats which needs to be done. I do not want them to be considered a dynasty, on ESPN this morning they were already comparing the 78 Steelers to today's Patriots and I was disgusted at the two even being mentioned in the same sentence. The Patriots do not play football the way it was meant to be played and well the 78 steelers invented smashmouth football. I really don't want the pats to be considered a dynasty.

I'm also all for the asterisk on the 16-0, nobody should be allowed to cheat and still have their season considered perfect!!
But anyway, I would really like to play the Jags over the Brownies or the Titans. That would be such an interesting game and just great football. Playing them without fast willie concerns me though..

skinart82
12-26-2007, 01:12 PM
SMASHMOUTH with Najeh!!! Here We Go STEELERS, Here We Go!!!!!!

steelpride12
12-26-2007, 01:21 PM
I agree with you.
I mean beating the Browns 3 time in a season would be tough business and the we all know how pissed Tomlin was and i don't think the team would get anything less than a win!
No matter who we play first round.....we best bring our A game!

Crushzilla
12-26-2007, 01:24 PM
If we win the Super Bowl by beating Jax, NE, and Indy that isn't going to prove anything...

Before someone shoots me, what does that prove?

It proves to us Steelers fans that the team was great and won when they had to, but are you guys hoping it "sends a message" to everyone else?

It won't. Everyone else will just make some excuse.

In '05, the Steelers ran the gauntlet and won the Super Bowl, but what does every non-Steelers fan remember about that year?

Not that the Steelers were the only 6th seed to ever win it all... but that the refs HANDED THEM THE SUPER BOWL :willy:

I stopped caring what other fans think about our team.

Bottom line, RINGS speak. I'll take the easiest course they can get, because it doesn't matter who you beat in the end. It matters that you are there in the end. Give me the Browns, Colts, and Championship game...

This whole conversation is DEFINITELY premature, but if I had my choice... I'd want the 3 seed.

Haiku_Dirtt
12-26-2007, 01:33 PM
Ummm. Not me.

Have a little respect for the Jags. They are far more complete and prepared to make a move in the post-season which I can't say about the Browns or Titans.

Haiku_Dirtt
12-26-2007, 01:39 PM
If we win the Super Bowl by beating Jax, NE, and Indy that isn't going to prove anything...

Before someone shoots me, what does that prove?

It proves to us Steelers fans that the team was great and won when they had to, but are you guys hoping it "sends a message" to everyone else?

It won't. Everyone else will just make some excuse.

In '05, the Steelers ran the gauntlet and won the Super Bowl, but what does every non-Steelers fan remember about that year?

Not that the Steelers were the only 6th seed to ever win it all... but that the refs HANDED THEM THE SUPER BOWL :willy:

I stopped caring what other fans think about our team.

Bottom line, RINGS speak. I'll take the easiest course they can get, because it doesn't matter who you beat in the end. It matters that you are there in the end. Give me the Browns, Colts, and Championship game...

This whole conversation is DEFINITELY premature, but if I had my choice... I'd want the 3 seed.

'Fundamentally' speaking we're not even close to making any kind of run.

I'm a die hard Steeler fan for life but I can't look at this team with rose-colored glasses - or worse, blinders - and think this swiss-cheese offensive line will get us past the second round.

HometownGal
12-26-2007, 01:43 PM
yep, I want the Jags, the Pats, then the Colts, because in order to "be the man" you have to "beat the man" and that's what I want.

The Colts are still the champs, and until they lose, they are the team to beat. Lets go out and do it the hard way, knock off the 3 "best" teams in the AFC and win it all the hard way. Nothing easy for us, lets get it done!!!

I'm with you here, Dino. To be the best, you have to beat the best, as the Steelers of '05 did. I have no doubt whatsoever that we will see a totally different team out there when we play the Jags again and Tomlin and the coaches will start studying the game film from that debacle a few weeks ago as soon as the Rats game is over on Sunday. :thumbsup:

Bring on those Jags! :tt02:

Stlr4ever
12-26-2007, 01:55 PM

Watch 'em.

I would like to see the Jags play Pats in the playoffs. Our team was not big enough or strong enough to play against the Pats. I think the Jags have a better chance to beat the Pats. IF they are able to beat the Pats, then I would like for us to have a shot at them.

Crushzilla
12-26-2007, 02:08 PM
I would like to see the Jags play Pats in the playoffs. Our team was not big enough or strong enough to play against the Pats. I think the Jags have a better chance to beat the Pats. IF they are able to beat the Pats, then I would like for us to have a shot at them.

And that will be the "what if" this season...

If the Jags are able to topple the Pats and then lose in the Championship game... say to the Colts... Then the Colts Super Bowl appearance (and eventual win) will be tainted in everyone's eyes.

People always look for excuses to discredit the champs.

stlrtruck
12-26-2007, 03:07 PM
I agree too. I've been chomping at the bit to get a piece of the jaguars again. That game is one that I want to see again. If the jags are that good, then they'll be able to come in to Pittsburgh again and beat us.

But I believe that our defensive play that day was more of an anomaly than anything else. I also feel that Tomlin wants another shot at defending our turf to them!!!

Dino 6 Rings
12-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Bottom Line

I Believe

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!

ricksteelers55
12-26-2007, 05:07 PM
Make no mistake about it,to be champions you have to beat the best,so it doesnt matter if you beat them Wildcard or AFC Championship.

I want the Jagz ASAFP and then the Patties.

Who cares about who's the easiest opponents are we want to win it all so bring the best!!!

Jagz,Pats,Colts and then Cowboys

STEELERS ALL THE WAY BABY !!!!!!!!!!!

PalmerSteel
12-26-2007, 05:15 PM
i would obviously want to see the browns or titans instead of the jags. if you dont, then your crazy. even if we beat the jags its gonna a be long physical game and then have to play the 2 week rested pats next. but the chargers are going to roll over the raiders so it doesnt really matter at this point. deal with the cards that have been dealt and step it up O and D line!

billybob
12-26-2007, 07:11 PM
i like the way that everyone thinks about who we play in the 3rd or 4th round,but i do agree with mike tomlin,it really doesn't matter who we face,in what round,cause to reach our goal,we have to be able to beat anyone we face.that is sincere wisdom,from a rookie head coach.

Dino 6 Rings
12-27-2007, 11:34 AM
You have to beat who you play. Bottom line.

Here We Go Steelers
Here We Go

stlrtruck
12-27-2007, 12:52 PM
Make no mistake about it,to be champions you have to beat the best,so it doesnt matter if you beat them Wildcard or AFC Championship.

I want the Jagz ASAFP and then the Patties.

Who cares about who's the easiest opponents are we want to win it all so bring the best!!!

Jagz,Pats,Colts and then Cowboys

STEELERS ALL THE WAY BABY !!!!!!!!!!!

This is all good in theory but it won't be the cowgirls we play - it will probably be Farve!

HometownGal
12-27-2007, 01:23 PM
it will probably be Farve!

Fine with me. :thumbsup: A SB victory against one of the legitimately best QBs in NFL history would be even sweeter! :tt02:

skinart82
12-27-2007, 04:58 PM
I just don't think GB can beat the cowboys, and I want another shot at the cowboys in the SB!