PDA

View Full Version : NFL (Pats) Network

Rinkleroot
12-26-2007, 12:20 PM
Looks like the NFL Network has become the Pats Network, its really Sickening showing nothing but the Pats all week, man I hope they lose in the playoffs big time!!

stillers4me
12-26-2007, 12:26 PM
Looks like the NFL Network has become the Pats Network, its really Sickening showing nothing but the Pats all week, man I hope they lose in the playoffs big time!!

I can see it now.....the Pats go down in the playoffs (doesn't mattter to me who does it) and oh.....the travesty!! The unfairness of it all!!

And we will sit through the entire SuperBowl broadcast hearing about nothing but Tom Brady this, Tom Brady that.

Bank on it. If you drank a shot for everytime one of those bozos says Tom Brady's name, you'll be on the floor by the end of the first quarter................:sofunny:

atrus20
12-26-2007, 12:46 PM
I just love the commercials this past weekend for NFL network. "See the Patriots only on NFL network!" I'm kinda glad I don't get that channel now...

jjpro11
12-26-2007, 12:55 PM
its even worse on espn.. they have their own ticker for christ's sake. i do not understand that at all.. super bowl champions, mlb champions, nba champions, etc never even got their own damn ticker... yet they are crowning the patriots as the greatest team in sports history.

Rinkleroot
12-26-2007, 12:58 PM
I just love the commercials this past weekend for NFL network. "See the Patriots only on NFL network!" I'm kinda glad I don't get that channel now...

I just wanted to see if the Steelers/Rams replay might be on but it appears their showing all of the Pats games from this season along with highlights of past Pats seasons. I had to change the channel its so disgusting!

MACH1
12-26-2007, 01:18 PM
If you think its bad now wait till (IF) they win the SB. Then it'll start all over again next fall until they lose a game.

The Patriot
12-26-2007, 03:59 PM
its even worse on espn.. they have their own ticker for christ's sake. i do not understand that at all.. super bowl champions, mlb champions, nba champions, etc never even got their own damn ticker... yet they are crowning the patriots as the greatest team in sports history.

I know! The Red Sox never got a ticker. How come the Patriots do.

I want a ticker.

jjpro11
12-26-2007, 05:17 PM
I know! The Red Sox never got a ticker. How come the Patriots do.

I want a ticker.

the patriots are not bigger than the nfl and the red sox are not bigger than the mlb.. no team deserves that.

touchdownward
12-26-2007, 05:48 PM
I hate the pats as well as the next Steeler fan, but I plan on watching Saturday night to see, most likely, history being made.
I have NFL Network, but now they are saying that the game will be simulcast on NBC and CBS, so everyone will get a chance to see it.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2007-12-26-2164153468_x.htm

I was going to start a separate thread with this news, but I just couldn't bring myself to starting a pats related thread. :flap:

tony hipchest
12-26-2007, 06:08 PM
i wonder if CBS and NBC plan on having their own 3 hour pregame tribute to the patriots.

"history" (tainted) or not, i cant believe so much hubub is being made over a meaningless game, no more important than a preseason game, where everybody already knows the outcome.

the oversaturation is starting to get very irritating (none of the coverage bugged me during the season) but now its really over the top, and seems to be getting bigger than the sport itself.

whats funny, is its something most die hard fans are not rooting for, and will tune in with hopes of seeing them defeated.

its kinda like most americans probably wouldnt want to view a live electrocution or hanging but would probably tune in if it were osama bin laden being exocuted.

now of course, i'll be tuning in, but only because im a football junkie and would probably be watching if it were seattle vs. miami.

The Patriot
12-26-2007, 06:25 PM
That's what the media does! They blow things out of proportion. They've been playing this harp since the Pats beat the Cowboys in week 6.

X-Terminator
12-26-2007, 07:02 PM
I certainly will not be watching that game on Saturday. Instead, I'll be watching the Pens and Sabres, then pop in a movie or something when it's over. I have boycotted every Pats game since they played Indy except when they played the Steelers, and that will continue until the season is over. I'd rather have dental surgery without any anesthetic.

tony hipchest
12-26-2007, 07:06 PM
That's what the media does! They blow things out of proportion. They've been playing this harp since the Pats beat the Cowboys in week 6.well, id say the speculation was relevant back then. but now??? its a mad scramble for the biggest ratings take ever.

when the steelers played the pats, i could understand the hype of the last remaining chance to defeat the undefeated.

now theres hype of whether coughlin plays all his starters, and questions if he "owes" it to the league, fans, etc to try and win. :sofunny:

we all know thats not gonna happen. even if its a close game, the giants would still be going up against the refs (think polamalu intercepting peyton in the playoffs). i dont think any of the giants players wanna be part of a dog and pony show of pat players breaking records and running up scores.

and honestly, if both teams play their starters, the pats will win by 24. if both teams rested their starters, the patriots 2nd stringers would beat the giants 2nd stringers by 24.

it doesnt matter, and the media will spend all week trying to convince the non football die-hards that it does, despite pumping steelers/pats as "last chance" several weeks ago. the media (and nfl) is pushing hard to captivate the new fan and kinda forgetting about the long timers. understandable, but no less disgusting and boring.

the patriots have always been boring, which lead to their whole 'crying about a lack of respect' mantra. its ironic that in fielding one of the most explosive receiving units ever, they have still remained just as boring (maybe even more so, with their blow outs).

personally, i think the giants should just forfeit. the discussion of those ramifications would be much more entertaining than the current patriot discussion. :yawn:

touchdownward
12-26-2007, 07:17 PM
i wonder if CBS and NBC plan on having their own 3 hour pregame tribute to the patriots.

"history" (tainted) or not, i cant believe so much hubub is being made over a meaningless game, no more important than a preseason game, where everybody already knows the outcome.

the oversaturation is starting to get very irritating (none of the coverage bugged me during the season) but now its really over the top, and seems to be getting bigger than the sport itself.

whats funny, is its something most die hard fans are not rooting for, and will tune in with hopes of seeing them defeated.

its kinda like most americans probably wouldnt want to view a live electrocution or hanging but would probably tune in if it were osama bin laden being exocuted.

now of course, i'll be tuning in, but only because im a football junkie and would probably be watching if it were seattle vs. miami.

It's really a win win situation. As a NFL fan, you get to see history if they win. As a Steeler fan, if they lose, you get to see the pasties fall flat on their ass in front of a huge National audience. :chuckle:

Guess which one I'm rootin' for.

stillers4me
12-26-2007, 07:23 PM
It's really a win win situation. As a NFL fan, you get to see history if they win. As a Steeler fan, if they lose, you get to see the pasties fall flat on their ass in front of a huge National audience. :chuckle:

Guess which one I'm rootin' for.

The same one we're all rooting for............ :cheers:

rabidsteelerfan
12-26-2007, 07:51 PM
SOOOOOOOO, this means they'll reimburse all of us that are PAYING for the nfl network???? I see this as a freakin joke! I mean, there IS a reason why I pay for my nfl network, RIGHT?

On another note, could someone please tell me when the last time a "PERFECT SEASON" included getting caught cheating? Those two words, (perfect/cheating) don't belong in the same sentence. I give no credence to anything the pat's have done. Sorry, but once they got caught everything they've accomplished has just felt dirty!

stillers4me
12-26-2007, 07:54 PM
On another note, could someone please tell me when the last time a "PERFECT SEASON" included getting caught cheating?

ding ding ding......we have a winner!

83-Steelers-43
12-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Absolutely no interest in watching that game. It means absolutely nothing. I'll watch the Penguin game instead. I'm sure Sports Center will show the whole damn game the morning, afternoon and night afterwards....Zzzz....Zzzz....Zzzz.

HometownGal
12-26-2007, 07:55 PM
That's what the media does! They blow things out of proportion. They've been playing this harp since the Pats beat the Cowboys in week 6.

I think it's high time that harp is busted into a million pieces. :mallet:

83-Steelers-43
12-26-2007, 07:56 PM
On another note, could someone please tell me when the last time a "PERFECT SEASON" included getting caught cheating?

TylvUGJIi_w

klick81
12-26-2007, 07:59 PM
I WON'T BE WATCHING.

CASTEEL
12-27-2007, 03:00 AM
... you get to see history if they win....

History is filled with instances that I'm happy I was not around to witness .... The cheating Patsies making history is one I'll add to the list....

Only if they put an asterisk next to the 'perfect' will it be right.... :smile:

Atlanta Dan
12-27-2007, 08:53 AM
ESPN is running a daily segment where Berman and Parcells debate who would win a game between the Pats and the greatest teams of all time - ESPN did the same type of story 2 years ago, in which 2005 Southern Cal was matched against the greatest college teams of all time before the BCS Championship.

Then USC lost to Texas:sofunny:

Pats have only won the AFC East so far and have not been quite the same juggernaut they were when the weather was warmer, as reflected in this linked story breaking down Brady's stats over the last several weeks

Let's compare Brady's 2007 season to Manning's 2004 season. Manning had 49 touchdowns with just 497 pass attempts. If we assume Brady plays next week like he has the last few games, he'll end up with something like 51 touchdowns in 570 pass attempts. Yes, that gives him more touchdowns, but it isn't as impressive when it takes him 73 more pass attempts to score them.

In addition, Brady has now dropped to 8.3 average yards per attempt. In his record-setting season, Manning averaged 9.2 yards per attempt. That's a huge difference.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7600986

The 2007 Pats are far from invincible

touchdownward
12-27-2007, 09:10 AM
ESPN is running a daily segment where Berman and Parcells debate who would win a game between the Pats and the greatest teams of all time - ESPN did the same type of story 2 years ago, in which 2005 Southern Cal was matched against the greatest college teams of all time before the BCS Championship.

Then USC lost to Texas:sofunny:

Pats have only won the AFC East so far and have not been quite the same juggernaut they were when the weather was warmer, as reflected in this linked story breaking down Brady's stats over the last several weeks

Let's compare Brady's 2007 season to Manning's 2004 season. Manning had 49 touchdowns with just 497 pass attempts. If we assume Brady plays next week like he has the last few games, he'll end up with something like 51 touchdowns in 570 pass attempts. Yes, that gives him more touchdowns, but it isn't as impressive when it takes him 73 more pass attempts to score them.

In addition, Brady has now dropped to 8.3 average yards per attempt. In his record-setting season, Manning averaged 9.2 yards per attempt. That's a huge difference.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7600986

The 2007 Pats are far from invincible
Not that we needed it, but another indicator that Brady was after Peyton's record was a 1 yd TD pass to Moss against the Dolphins. I'm sure there have been plenty of those.