PDA

View Full Version : Most Hated Team?

The Patriot
12-26-2007, 05:29 PM
I thought you guys might like this article.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hruby/071226

ShutDown24
12-26-2007, 05:33 PM
Let's see... Bengals... Browns... Ravens... Seahawks... Nope, they just make it in at top 5 on my list. The only reason they are at 5 is because they cheated, not the success. I can't hate a team simply because they are good...

X-Terminator
12-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Pats are #1 in my book, followed by the Bungles, Rat-turds, Cowgirls and Browns...in that order.

HometownGal
12-26-2007, 06:13 PM
I don't dislike the Pats team. It's Beliprick, Kraft and most of their bandwagon hoppin' fans I dislike.

Now the Bungles - I can say I strongly dislike them more than any team in professional sports. (Don't like using the word "hate"). I've never disliked the Browns. What's to dislike about a team that our Steelers own? :cheers:

RoethlisBURGHer
12-26-2007, 06:31 PM
The Browns...I live in Cleveland and have to put up with their fans all day, every day.

black and gold from birth
12-26-2007, 06:37 PM
The Eagles; I live outside of Philly and have to put up with their media and fans all day, every day. And what's worse yet is that your typical Eagles fan knows absolutely nothing about anything going on anywhere else in the NFL. :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

stillers4me
12-26-2007, 06:47 PM
The Eagles; I live outside of Philly and have to put up with their media and fans all day, every day. And what's worse yet is that your typical Eagles fan knows absolutely nothing about anything going on anywhere else in the NFL. :cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

Sounds like the Bungles fans I work with. They just think it's cool to wear the jerseys when they are winning but if you ask themabout any other team that affects the AFCN standings, they give you a blank look.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-26-2007, 06:57 PM
Sounds like the Bungles fans I work with. They just think it's cool to wear the jerseys when they are winning but if you ask themabout any other team that affects the AFCN standings, they give you a blank look.

Ask them about anything and they give you a blank look.

silver & black
12-26-2007, 07:34 PM
I can't really say that I hate any team. Fans are another thing altogether, but I'm not going there.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't hold some disdaine for the Pats for the Snow Job, but I don't hate them. That was/is more on the officials.

Having said that... I hope they go undefeated, and lose in the first round!

83-Steelers-43
12-26-2007, 07:48 PM
Do not "hate", but when it comes to dislike and who I find pathetic....

Front offices: Patriots and Bengals. One organization blatantly cheats and the other hires thugs for players and then cries about how the league is after them when they get arrested. Neither has any class or respect for the game.

Fans (if you can call them that): Patriots, Eagles and Bengals for obvious reasons. Amazing how quiet it is in Bengal land this year huh?

Mosca
12-26-2007, 08:12 PM
I can't really say that I hate any team. Fans are another thing altogether, but I'm not going there.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't hold some disdaine for the Pats for the Snow Job, but I don't hate them. That was/is more on the officials.

Having said that... I hope they go undefeated, and lose in the first round!

LOL, I can't really say I hate any FANS; or even players. Those are people, and the team they cheer for is a minor facet of their personality, and largely determined by geography (or in the case of players, draft and trades and money). I have to KNOW them to HATE them. I can hate the TEAM, though, because that is an idea, and it is a different kind of hate.

The Pats are behind the Yankees, the Red Sox, the baseball Cardinals, the Reds, the Braves, the Cowboys, the Bengals, the Ravens, all pro basketball teams, wrestling, the Flyers, the Devils, the Rangers and Islanders, the Seahawks... oh; all Florida college football teams, all Texas high school football teams, the Dan Pastorini era Oilers, the Berwick Bulldogs, the Binghamton River Rats, the Philadelphia Phantoms....

I still hate the Pats, but they are really not that much on the radar. I have to think about them in order to hate them. Unlike the Yankees, for example, whom I started hating in 1960. Or the Cards and Reds, I started hating them around '64. I started hating the Ravens around '68 (Yes, I still remember who they really are). I started hating the Flyers in '66, the Devils, Rangers, and Islanders in the mid '70s, the Braves when they moved to Atlanta, pro basketball since Pittsburgh lost the Pipers, Florida college football and Texas hs football in the '70s, Berwick in the late '80s, The River Rats and the Phantoms in the late '90s...

The Pats are relative newcomers. Hating them is like hating a buzzing fly at night. Or a fart. It might not be there the next time you're paying attention. There is no guarantee that their obnoxiousness is any less fleeting than, say, that of the '85 Bears. I don't think about them ever.

Or to say it differently, time will tell. But don't flatter yourself. The Pats aren't really that big a deal to most of us. They are somewhere behind remembering to change the oil in the car next week.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-26-2007, 08:36 PM
My top 5 are -

Cheatriots -
Clowns
Cowgirls - because a steeler fan is pre-disposed to this gene prior to birth
Bungles
Faiders/Raisins - dead heat.

The Patriot
12-26-2007, 08:46 PM
I can't say I really hate a team. I go through stages. I hated the Jets for the longest time but now I kind of feel sorry for them. I guess I hate the Cowboys mostly because of Patrick Crayton.

The Patriot
12-26-2007, 08:58 PM
The Pats are relative newcomers. Hating them is like hating a buzzing fly at night. Or a fart. It might not be there the next time you're paying attention. There is no guarantee that their obnoxiousness is any less fleeting than, say, that of the '85 Bears. I don't think about them ever.

Or to say it differently, time will tell. But don't flatter yourself. The Pats aren't really that big a deal to most of us. They are somewhere behind remembering to change the oil in the car next week.
Come to think of it, we've been cheating for a while. Remember the Snow Plow Game! That was hilarious. It was an X-con on probation too.:toofunny:

SteelersMongol
12-26-2007, 08:58 PM
I really DO NOT like the "New England Cameramen" very much!

CantStop85
12-26-2007, 09:08 PM
Now the Bungles - I can say I strongly dislike them more than any team in professional sports.
Hey, we helped you win that pretty AFC North title this year...(not to mention that Super Bowl a couple years ago...but I won't get into that). :flap:

ShutDown24
12-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Hey, we helped you win that pretty AFC North title this year...(not to mention that Super Bowl a couple years ago...but I won't get into that). :flap:

Yep, thanks for being a playoff imposter. Having that bye week when we played you guys really helped... :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

silver & black
12-26-2007, 09:21 PM
LOL, I can't really say I hate any FANS; or even players. Those are people, and the team they cheer for is a minor facet of their personality, and largely determined by geography (or in the case of players, draft and trades and money). I have to KNOW them to HATE them. I can hate the TEAM, though, because that is an idea, and it is a different kind of hate.

The Pats are behind the Yankees, the Red Sox, the baseball Cardinals, the Reds, the Braves, the Cowboys, the Bengals, the Ravens, all pro basketball teams, wrestling, the Flyers, the Devils, the Rangers and Islanders, the Seahawks... oh; all Florida college football teams, all Texas high school football teams, the Dan Pastorini era Oilers, the Berwick Bulldogs, the Binghamton River Rats, the Philadelphia Phantoms....

I still hate the Pats, but they are really not that much on the radar. I have to think about them in order to hate them. Unlike the Yankees, for example, whom I started hating in 1960. Or the Cards and Reds, I started hating them around '64. I started hating the Ravens around '68 (Yes, I still remember who they really are). I started hating the Flyers in '66, the Devils, Rangers, and Islanders in the mid '70s, the Braves when they moved to Atlanta, pro basketball since Pittsburgh lost the Pipers, Florida college football and Texas hs football in the '70s, Berwick in the late '80s, The River Rats and the Phantoms in the late '90s...

I didn't mean to sound like I hate fans in the literal sense. Like you said, I have to know them to hate them.

Fans of certain teams irritate me... Charger fans for example,.Like Bengal fans seem to irritate a lot ot of you on this forum. Both teams sucked forever, then found some recent success, and now you would you think they have always been here, and there are so many fans that have always been with the team, :blah:, :blah:, :blah:................. thats what I meant.

CASTEEL
12-27-2007, 02:23 AM

Spoken with the wisdom of the Spaghedeity :bowdown:

Still - it's nice to have somewhere to focus the negative energy ..... I prefer to aim it right at Tom Brady's cheesy smiling mug! :smile:

Preacher
12-27-2007, 02:33 AM
Let's see... Bengals... Browns... Ravens... Seahawks... Nope, they just make it in at top 5 on my list. The only reason they are at 5 is because they cheated, not the success. I can't hate a team simply because they are good...

Absolutely.

Matter of fact, I had a begrudging respect for them up until this year.... Well, that and when Belicheck told our team doctors/trainers to "ef off" when they ran out on the field to help a downed Pats player.

verks36
12-27-2007, 05:54 AM
1, Pats- ****y CHEATERS
2. RAT BIRDS- ****Y LOSERS
3. Bengals- bad boys of NFL
4. Seahawks- all they do is cry about everything
5. Brownies- Can try as hard as they can they cant beat us

lol is edited the word- kocky

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-27-2007, 06:16 AM
1) Bengals
2) Bengals
3) Bengals.......etc.

HometownGal
12-27-2007, 08:28 AM

:wink02::flap:

revefsreleets
12-27-2007, 09:09 AM
The dude who wrote the article got it all backwards. I hate the Pats most for the jackass factor and the fanbase. All the other stuff I don't care much about one way or another.

SteelCityMan786
12-27-2007, 09:28 AM

You and me both. All though I don't put up with their media, people just annoy me to death about how good the team is. Then when they lose, they bash it to death. Oh wait I forgot, the only way a Philly sports feels good is if they bash their teams. :sofunny:

vasteeler
12-27-2007, 11:39 AM
patriots
patriots
bengals
ravens
patriots

STEELtownHAVOX
12-27-2007, 11:52 AM
pats
ravens
i suppose the seahawks because "we didn't win the superbowl, the refs gave it to us"

on another note, my friend is from the Boston area. Has been a Pats fan since I've known him. But, he's a bandwagon. I guarantee he was not a fan until they cheated out the 1st Superbowl ...my point being, I seen him yesterday for the first time in 6 months, sporting a Celtics hoodie. FIRST time I've ever seen him with or say anything about the Celtics. First thing I said was, nice hoodie....bandwagon. HAHAHAHHA...he replied back, "HA"

note: i've know my friend since 2004

The Duke
12-27-2007, 12:01 PM
I hate the steelers, I can't stand those guys :wink02:

silver & black
12-27-2007, 12:03 PM
I thought this was a good thread to put this in. :sofunny

Hmmm... link doesn't work.... sorry.

Stlrs4Life
12-27-2007, 05:21 PM
I really don't hate any teams. But really dislike most Browns Fans.

stlrtruck
12-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Here is my list
patriacheats (fluctuates on priority)
ratbirds
cowgirls (fluctuates on priority)
bungals
clowns
seahags
faguars
scubs (bucs for those who don't know)

CB1977
12-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Hate is a huge word so...

My dislikes (Pro and College)

1. Ravens
2. Bengals
3. Steelers
4. Broncos
5. Patriots
6. Michigan
7. Florida

ShutDown24
12-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Hate is a huge word so...

My dislikes (Pro and College)

1. Ravens
2. Bengals
3. Steelers
4. Broncos
5. Patriots
6. Michigan
7. Florida

Ravens - Ok
Bengals - Ok
Steelers - Bad choice, but Ok :wink02:
Broncos - That fumble STILL haunting you? :dang:
Patriots - Ok
Michigan - Braylon Edwards anyone? :flap:
Florida - I don't get the national hate fest for Florida... Would somebody fill me in? With you I am guessing it's because Ohio State couldn't beat them but... It seems like EVERYONE hates them for some reason.

fansince'76
12-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Florida - I don't get the national hate fest for Florida... Would somebody fill me in? With you I am guessing it's because Ohio State couldn't beat them but... It seems like EVERYONE hates them for some reason.

Yeah, I really don't mind Florida either - I didn't like them when Spurrier was the coach, because I think he's a pompous d*ck and I was happy to see him fall flat on his face as a NFL coach (the highest-paid coach in the league at the time - another brilliant move by the billionaire dotcom nerd).

CB1977
12-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Ravens - Ok
Bengals - Ok
Steelers - Bad choice, but Ok :wink02:
Broncos - That fumble STILL haunting you? :dang:
Patriots - Ok
Michigan - Braylon Edwards anyone? :flap:

Glad you agree on most of my choices!! LOL
To answer a few of your questions:
The Broncos...YES, everything that Denver did to the Browns in the past still haunts me. Got a problem with that??? :smile:
Michigan...I don't care if Braylon went there...he's in Ohio now and he loves it here!
Florida...Although the head coach is from my hometown of Ashtabula and he is very well liked and respected here, I really don't care for any teams from the Florida area. (I have my reasons) BTW, I am a huge Buckeyes fan but, I will admit that Florida way outplayed the Bucks last year...

ShutDown24
12-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Glad you agree on most of my choices!! LOL
To answer a few of your questions:
The Broncos...YES, everything that Denver did to the Browns in the past still haunts me. Got a problem with that??? :smile:
Michigan...I don't care if Braylon went there...he's in Ohio now and he loves it here!
Florida...Although the head coach is from my hometown of Ashtabula and he is very well liked and respected here, I really don't care for any teams from the Florida area. (I have my reasons) BTW, I am a huge Buckeyes fan but, I will admit that Florida way outplayed the Bucks last year...

Ok - I thought it would be fun to guess some of the more out-there teams on your list. Oh, and if it makes you feel any better about last year, I think the Buckeyes are going to beat LSU.

EDIT: Oh yeah! Thanks for Santonio! :cheers:

Tankus_Maximus
12-29-2007, 09:51 AM

That's probably the smartest thing you've ever posted.

ShutDown24
12-29-2007, 07:41 PM
That's probably the smartest thing you've ever posted.

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: :sign09:

Kaeg
01-01-2008, 07:40 AM
It took several years of trying, but by last year, I'd say, the Pats managed to pass the Cowboys on my hate list. It really isn't even a contest after this year with the media thing. I can't turn on NFL network without seeing them first thing. And nothing can let bad feelings fester better than over exposure. The Cowboys aren't really so much a factor on my list anymore, actually.

beSteelmyheart
01-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Mine will have to be
1. The Gaytriots-
I hate their arrogance. Just to look at Bellicheat makes me want to puke. I'm sick of the daily spoogefest over Tom Brady & was hoping the Giants D would take his head off. And the episode with Bellicheat cursing at the Steelers doc-yep, that sealed the deal for me. They pretend to have class , but puhleeeze! You are not fooling anyone!
2. The Cowgirls-
Yep, it's a fact, this one goes deep. Way back to my childhood, to a Superbowl many years ago..America's team, my ass.
3. The Raiders-
The whole attitude thruout the organization sucks. What makes it worse is that they seem proud of it.
4.The Bungholes-
Who Dey, indeed!:yawn:
5. Tie between the SheSquawks & the Faguars-
Bunch of whiners & their fans are pussies, too.

Rhee Rhee
01-01-2008, 11:29 PM
i hate the patriots... sorry just the patriots... o and the jags... there isn't room for two steelers in the world... (willie parker refered to them as the steelers of the south)

steelergirl07
01-02-2008, 11:35 AM
It used to be just the Bungles & Ravens. I disliked the Patsies before. But this season has pushed them to the top of the list. With each game I watch, my disgust grows. They have no class, and yet the media and announcers love them. It's sick. If they make it to the Super Bowl, I won't watch.

memphissteelergirl
01-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Mine will have to be
1. The Gaytriots-
I hate their arrogance. Just to look at Bellicheat makes me want to puke. I'm sick of the daily spoogefest over Tom Brady & was hoping the Giants D would take his head off. And the episode with Bellicheat cursing at the Steelers doc-yep, that sealed the deal for me. They pretend to have class , but puhleeeze! You are not fooling anyone!
2. The Cowgirls-
Yep, it's a fact, this one goes deep. Way back to my childhood, to a Superbowl many years ago..America's team, my ass. :sofunny::thumbsup:
3. The Raiders-
The whole attitude thruout the organization sucks. What makes it worse is that they seem proud of it.
4.The Bungholes-

Agree 100%....

silver & black
01-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Mine will have to be
1. The Gaytriots-
2. The Cowgirls-
Yep, it's a fact, this one goes deep. Way back to my childhood, to a Superbowl many years ago..America's team, my ass.
3. The Raiders-
4.The Bungholes-

Its cool that you hate the Raiders... I can understand that... you being a Steelers fan. But... please do elaborate on the attitude of the whole organization.............. I'm dying to read the broad, sweeping, generalisations.

The Patriot
01-02-2008, 08:15 PM
Its cool that you hate the Raiders... I can understand that... you being a Steelers fan. But... please do elaborate on the attitude of the whole organization.............. I'm dying to read the broad, sweeping, generalisations.

That you are a scary bada$$ group of guys.

silver & black
01-02-2008, 09:26 PM

Lol. Well, that may have been true back in the day, but, not so much these days, I think.:wink02:

ShutDown24
01-02-2008, 09:35 PM

And they also think that the refs lost them a title LMAO... Oh wait... That really happened... :funny:

steelers2685
01-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Hated the Patriots with a passion ever since Curtis Martin ran all over us in a playoff game YEARS ago. Hate them even worse after the 2004 championship game here in Pittsburgh where they beat us too. Super Bowl was on my birthday that year and all I wanted was for the Steelers to be in it. :mad: Hate them even more now with all the publicity they've received all season. Should've been looked down upon from the get go from cheating, not looked up to for winning even in spite of it.

Elvis
01-03-2008, 06:24 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/18/18_1_216.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxmk788YYUS) Call me old school if you wish, but I still cannot stand the thoughts of the Dallas Cowboys. But the Ravens/Browns are a close 2nd...

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZNxmk788YYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZNxmk788YYUS&utm_id=7920)