PDA

View Full Version : Patriots' Historic Game to Be Available to All of America, After All

SteelersMongol
12-26-2007, 10:30 PM
NEW YORK (AP) -After weeks of insisting they wouldn't cave in, NFL officials did just that Wednesday. Now all of America can see the Patriots' shot at history.

Saturday night's game between New England and the New York Giants on the NFL Network, which is available in fewer than 40 percent of the nation's homes with TVs, will be simulcast on CBS and NBC.

The Patriots could become the first NFL team to go 16-0 in the regular season.

"We have taken this extraordinary step because it is in the best interest of our fans," commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement after the league announced it was reversing course. "What we have seen for the past year is a very strong consumer demand for NFL Network. We appreciate CBS and NBC delivering the NFL Network telecast on Saturday night to the broad audience that deserves to see this potentially historic game. Our commitment to the NFL Network is stronger than ever."

NFL Network spokesman Seth Palansky said officials would have no further comment Wednesday.

The NFL had claimed that the onus of making the game widely available fell on the major cable providers with which the league has bitterly feuded. Companies such as Comcast and Time Warner have declined to carry the network as part of basic packages.

But lawmakers have pressured the NFL to ensure more viewers could see the game. Last week, two prominent members of the Senate Judiciary Committee sent a letter to Goodell threatening to reconsider the league's antitrust exemption.

Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., who co-wrote the letter with Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., said he was "delighted" by the NFL's concession.

"I think it was a smart move on their part," he said in a phone interview.

Leahy expected to speak with Goodell again next month about the ongoing question of how many fans will be able to see games on the channel. Saturday's matchup wraps up the NFL Network's second season of airing live contests, with eight per year. This one and a key Thursday night game between Green Bay and Dallas last month drew widespread complaints about the lack of availability.

"I never completely gave up hope, but I was getting a little discouraged Christmas afternoon when we still had not gotten a positive answer," said Leahy, who added that his staff members were talking with NFL officials during the holiday.

Local TV affiliates in the Boston, Manchester, N.H., and New York areas that were already set to simulcast the game under NFL policy will still air it. That means viewers in those markets will have four channels to choose from if they get NFL Network.

That did not make officials at WWOR in New York happy.

"The NFL is in clear violation of their agreement with WWOR/My9," the station said in a statement. "We fully expect the league to honor their commitment to My9 as the exclusive free over-the-air broadcaster for Saturday's telecast of the New England Patriots at New York Giants game."

Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., who had urged cable and NFL executives to settle the dispute, had a much more positive reaction to the league's announcement.

"I couldn't be more thrilled that as the Patriots rush toward an historic undefeated season, football fans everywhere have won a victory of their own," Kerry said. "With today's announcement, the NFL showed their loyalty to the sports fans who made the NFL an empire in the first place.

"The best news of all is that now no die-hard Pats fans will be shut out from watching their team take aim at football history," Kerry said in a statement.

This will be the first three-network simulcast in NFL history and the first simulcast of an NFL game since the inaugural Super Bowl in 1967, when CBS and NBC televised the meeting of the champions of the newly merged National Football League and American Football League.

"We're happy to accommodate the NFL's request for a joint national simulcast of this potentially historic game to make it available to the widest possible audience," said Dick Ebersol, NBC Universal's chairman for sports and Olympics.

NBC was scheduled to air "Dateline NBC" and a repeat of "Law & Order: SVU" during the time slot. CBS was set to broadcast the movie "Good Night, and Good Luck" and "48 Hours: Mysteries."

http://sports.excite.com/news/12262007/v0063.html

SteelersMongol
12-26-2007, 10:33 PM
3 things. 1st, perhaps the title should've been "Cheaters' Historic Game to Be Available to All Haters, After All"

2nd, why does Mr. Goodell think that it's the interest of all fans? Is he really in love with the New England Cameramen?

3rd, NBC still suck in my book 4 canceling "Friends" sitcom "Joey!"

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-26-2007, 10:47 PM
three different networks isn't that a bit of overkill? Amazing how these networks are tripping all over each other to kiss Kraft's and the Cheatriots asses. It just make me want to :puke:

SteelCityMan786
12-26-2007, 10:58 PM
I was already set.

fansince'76
12-26-2007, 11:00 PM
They can put it on 100 channels, I won't be watching. :coffee:

Preacher
12-26-2007, 11:08 PM
Funny...

actually, there has been 3 other teams or was it four, to go undefeated through the regular season. It is only if they win the SB that it becomes real special. So they won a couple extra games. Do I really care? Nope.

It sure is amazing what you can do with a video camera these days.

CASTEEL
12-26-2007, 11:21 PM
Interesting isn't it that it was decided to put the game on CBS after all ... in the best interest of the 'fans' ... yeah right. This on the heels of the announcement that CBS and Cheatriots owner Kraft have joined together on restaurant venture - quite an expensive one at that ......

Does anyone else see this as the bull :poop: that it is? I mean come on..... the only people that care about the Cheatriots possibly going undefeated is their fans (which don't touch the Steelers in numbers) and the media - so are they doing this for the small amount of Cheatriots fans out there? Lame....

Glace
12-26-2007, 11:31 PM
This does suck...big time.....The Patriot fan base will NEVER be as big as Steeler Nation or even the Cowgirl fanbase.....yet the damn patriots game is going to be broadcast all over the place?

This is absolute, biased, favoritism bullshit. If they broadcast THIS game over CBS or NBC...they need to broadcast ALL NFL Network games over CBS or NBC to those that don't get it.....

I was having a good day until I read this article....this is bullshit.

The Patriot
12-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Maybe Belichick will rest everybody. So the hundreds of reporters and networks on scene will all look ridiculous.

Preacher
12-27-2007, 12:42 AM
Maybe Belichick will rest everybody. So the hundreds of reporters and networks on scene will all look ridiculous.

That would be funny... and keeping within his personality.

However, I think he is so ticked at being caught, that he wants to bury the story of cheating by going undefeated...

Unfortunately, it is working.

Borski
12-27-2007, 12:46 AM

I think only the NFLN reporters will be their, its being simulcast on CBS and NBC....IMO they should either do that for all NFLN games or none, don't make special exceptions...

SteelCityMan786
12-27-2007, 12:59 AM
They can put it on 100 channels, I won't be watching. :coffee:

Luckly for me.

1.) I have to be in Washington on Saturday for a wedding and will not be watching said game.

2.) Penn State plays in the Alamo Bowl. So for those of you who are sick of the pats, Penn State and Texas A&M are going to be on at 8. You can watch two football teams who aren't a headache to put up with. Just good ol fashion football without a Patriots related subject.

pittsburghp8baller
12-27-2007, 01:50 AM
im not defending the patriots at all but what would expect for a team that may go 16-0? if the steelers were on the verge of going undeafted and were only gonna to be on the nfl network wouldnt the fans that couldnt see the game want the nfl to do something about it?

CASTEEL
12-27-2007, 02:03 AM
im not defending the patriots at all but what would expect for a team that may go 16-0? if the steelers were on the verge of going undeafted and were only gonna to be on the nfl network wouldnt the fans that couldnt see the game want the nfl to do something about it?

NFLN, NBC & CBS - that's a bit much..... yeah, sure, I'd be pissed if it were the Steelers and I didn't have NFLN - but the fact that they are putting it on all three of those networks means only $$ is the motive..... it's ridiculous. They don't even do that for the Superbowl - so, suddenly the Patsies are bigger than the Superbowl? :poop:

fansince'76
12-27-2007, 09:52 AM
Luckly for me.

1.) I have to be in Washington on Saturday for a wedding and will not be watching said game.

Washington D.C. or Washington state?

EDIT: Never mind - it's probably Washington, PA. :dang:

HometownGal
12-27-2007, 09:53 AM
However, I think he is so ticked at being caught, that he wants to bury the story of cheating by going undefeated...

Unfortunately, it is working.

Doesn't work for me. Once a cheat, always a cheat. Whether the Cheatsies go all the way to the SB or not, their record will always be tainted in my eyes and I will never respect Beliprick as an NFL coach.

revefsreleets
12-27-2007, 10:01 AM
8 o'clock Saturday Night? I can literally think of 3 million things I'd rather do that watch that media *****fest.

SteelCityMan786
12-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Washington D.C. or Washington state?

EDIT: Never mind - it's probably Washington, PA. :dang:

Actually it's Washington, DC.

Atlanta Dan
12-27-2007, 10:31 AM
NFLN, NBC & CBS - that's a bit much..... yeah, sure, I'd be pissed if it were the Steelers and I didn't have NFLN - but the fact that they are putting it on all three of those networks means only $$ is the motive..... it's ridiculous. They don't even do that for the Superbowl - so, suddenly the Patsies are bigger than the Superbowl? :poop:

NFL was getting pressure from Congress - lots of Pats fans in Vermont could not get the game on NFLN and their Senator (Leahy) is chairman of Senate Judiciary Committee and was threatening to hold hearings on the league's anti-trust exemption if the game was not put on over the air TV

The decision to have NBC and CBS give the NFL Network the exposure it has so far lacked came in the face of mounting Congressional pressure, a threat to examine the antitrust exemption the National Football League has to negotiate its television contracts.

?I think the pressure was one thing and that had an impact,? said Pat Bowlen, the owner of the Denver Broncos. ?But you look at the significance of the game, of New England possibly going undefeated, and we wanted it to be seen by the whole country.?

Representative Joseph Courtney, Democrat of Connecticut, praised the decision by N.F.L. Commissioner Roger Goodell to expand the game?s availability. Without the simulcasts, tens of thousands of fans in the state ? which has loyalties divided between the Patriot and the Giants ? would not have seen the game.

?It was the right pressure point for Congress to step in and say to the N.F.L., ?You?re a protected industry and you have to look out for the best interests of the fans,?? he said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/27/sports/football/27tv.html?ref=sports

fansince'76
12-27-2007, 10:37 AM
But you look at the significance of the game, of New England possibly going undefeated, and we wanted it to be seen by the whole country.

Yep, it certainly hasn't been enough that we've had to listen to Patriots knob-slobbing EVERY GAME this season, whether the Pats were playing in it or not, has it? :coffee:

fansince'76
12-27-2007, 10:38 AM
Actually it's Washington, DC.

That's cool, Matt - going to tour any of the monuments while you're there?

MACH1
12-27-2007, 11:02 AM
The cheats greatness could not possible be contained on one channel.:jerkit:

jjpro11
12-27-2007, 01:53 PM
FOX must be really happy kraft is pulling strings for his CBS buddy.

HometownGal
12-27-2007, 02:12 PM
http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/nbc-cbs-to-show-pats-game/20071226170209990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., who had urged cable and NFL executives to settle the dispute, had a much more positive reaction to the league's announcement.

"I couldn't be more thrilled that as the Patriots rush toward an historic undefeated season, football fans everywhere have won a victory of their own," Kerry said. "With today's announcement, the NFL showed their loyalty to the sports fans who made the NFL an empire in the first place.

"The best news of all is that now no die-hard Pats fans will be shut out from watching their team take aim at football history," Kerry said in a statement.

Is he nuts? :countdown:jerkit: Outside of Pats and Giants fans - who the fook cares?

Maybe this will all backfire in the Cheatsies faces. The Giants want to look good, I'm sure, in front of a worldwide audience.

X-Terminator
12-27-2007, 02:13 PM
As I said in another thread, I'd rather have oral surgery without any anesthetic than watch one single nanosecond of a Pats game. Other than the Steelers, I have not watched any of their games since they played the Colts, and will not be watching on Saturday night, any of their playoff games or the Super Bowl if they make it. Screw them. I hope their ratings tank.

Thank God the Pens are playing the Sabres on Saturday night, so I'll have something to watch. I'll even tune into the Penn State game afterward, even though I can't stand them either. Still preferable to watching the NFL's butt buddies.

BAS
12-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Maybe the Giants will come up big and the whole nation will be fortunate to see the Pats lose on Saturday night.:muhaha:

Of course, I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.

fansince'76
12-27-2007, 02:33 PM
But lawmakers have pressured the NFL to ensure more viewers could see the game. Last week, two prominent members of the Senate Judiciary Committee sent a letter to Goodell threatening to reconsider the league's antitrust exemption.

Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vt., who co-wrote the letter with Sen. Arlen Specter, R-Pa., said he was "delighted" by the NFL's concession.

"I think it was a smart move on their part," he said in a phone interview.

Nice to see Congress so hard at work on the most important issues to us all. Jackasses.

jjpro11
12-27-2007, 03:01 PM
Nice to see Congress so hard at work on the most important issues to us all. Jackasses.

congress is full of scum bags too.. gotta help out your own kind.

Edman
12-27-2007, 03:33 PM
I hope fans outside the Northeastern U.S don't watch just to spite them. F Boston and F the Cheatriots. If there is a God, those pricks don't sniff the Super Bowl and someone, ANYONE. Knocks them off in the playoffs.

I just read ths today in a my paper and almost wanted me to burn it in a fire. This is horrible.

CASTEEL
12-27-2007, 09:02 PM

No kidding.... nice to see our tax dollars are spent to assure that the lousy cheating Patsies can be seen by all of their 'fans' ---- since they've all of the sudden got a following over the last 5 years.....

And who the hell cares about a 16 game tainted winning record? If those a-holes weren't caught red handed cheating it MIGHT be different ... although, I'd still not like the Pats, at least there wouldn't be a need to put a big asterisk next to their record...

Freakin' ridiculous....

RoethlisBURGHer
12-27-2007, 09:53 PM
Wow, shouldn't Congress be focusing on issues such as the war on terror, Iraq, the homeless problem in America, the hunger problem in America, the problem that so many Americans are without health insurance?

I think those are all bigger issues than the fraking Patricheats possibly going 16-0 on the season. I also think those are a bigger issue than steriods in sports.

But Congress, nah, they put those issues on the backburner for issues like the New England Patriots.

I'll be either going on a date or watching the Penguins game.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-27-2007, 10:29 PM
No kidding.... nice to see our tax dollars are spent to assure that the lousy cheating Freakin' ridiculous....

Crap now that mean I have to search for Kerry, Spectors and Leahy's phone number tonight so I can call their offices tomorrow while I'm in traffic and let them know what an ass wipe they are. No wonder nothing gets done there I can see what is important to them the Cheatriots and illegals Welcome to America!!! :yawn: :dang: :banging:

msafford
12-29-2007, 08:05 AM
At least the whole world will get to experience the suckage that is Bryant Gumbel for a play by play guy. Oh darn....I won't be able to see the game. I'll be with the inlaws.

stillers4me
12-29-2007, 08:31 AM
It's the perfect night to take down the Chrstmas tree.

stillers4me
12-29-2007, 11:03 AM
The NFLN crew was just going on about how it's great there is going to be good weather. You recon they want to see Brady and Moss break the records, and that would have been at risk in foul weather. The weather was the only chance that NY had, well the NFL is happy now.

Tonights the night.............................

Billishit keeps all his starters in to pad the stats a bit more (it's on every freakin' station in the country after all)...............and Brady goes down.

Not that I wish an injury on any player or anything.................................

I just sayin'............................................ .. :yawn:

83-Steelers-43
12-29-2007, 11:41 AM
PITT vs Dayton..........Penguins vs Sabres.......thank God.

The Patriot
12-29-2007, 11:55 AM
http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/nbc-cbs-to-show-pats-game/20071226170209990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Is he nuts? :countdown:jerkit: Outside of Pats and Giants fans - who the fook cares?

Maybe this will all backfire in the Cheatsies faces. The Giants want to look good, I'm sure, in front of a worldwide audience.

Now, if he wanted to win the election, he would be fighting to get Belichick an asterisk.

jjpro11
12-29-2007, 01:01 PM
PITT vs Dayton..........Penguins vs Sabres.......thank God.

add PSU vs Texas A&M for us penn state fans. plenty else to do other than watch the love fest of the cheats tonight.

CASTEEL
12-29-2007, 06:02 PM
What the heck..they only have a 6 hour pre-game going.... now that sucks - I've just not had enough of those cheating bastages this season.... give me 6 hours of ass kissing before the game.....:banging:

Rinkleroot
12-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Can America handle this??

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x64/rinkleroot/nfl_g_belichick_412.jpg

83-Steelers-43
12-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Can America handle this??

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x64/rinkleroot/nfl_g_belichick_412.jpg

Here ya go Bill.........

http://www.novartisconsumerhealth.ca/en/images/exlax_cont_04_img.jpg

Newzfoxjr
12-29-2007, 08:06 PM
I hope Strahan takes a mean shot at Brady.

Concussion, knee sprain, take your pick. It's not like he's going to die from it. Just so he can't play. >_>

tony hipchest
12-29-2007, 08:23 PM
the refing of this game will be just like last weeks game with the cowboys.

steve smith catches a ball, falls to the ground, and while sliding out of bounds a defender knocks the ball out with his knee.

1st ref is calling catch. 2 other refs run over and say "the ruling on the field needs to be no catch and we send it up to the booth for review so we can ensure the pats get the most favorable outcome"

"ref says the ball came out "immediately" after hitting the ground. :bs:

Preacher
12-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Wow.. I turned on the game.. and the Pats aren't up by 30 points..

Oh well.. guess I will wait a couple minutes.

WOW WHAT A TOUCDOWN GIANTS!

stillers4me
12-29-2007, 08:29 PM
:sofunny: Gumball and Collinsworthless were speechless.........:sofunny:

7-0 Giants

touchdownward
12-29-2007, 08:31 PM
Well the Giants have their first and probably last lead of the night.
(I sincerely hope not)

Preacher
12-29-2007, 08:32 PM
gotta admit. that was a very goo dpass by Brady...

Preacher
12-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Dang...

NE seems to be having a bit of problem... Hope that means Brady gets left open for a nice hit.

touchdownward
12-29-2007, 08:39 PM
Giant's dude should have went for the blind side sack instead of swatting at the ball. He'd probably got the fumble and a hit on ass chin.

tony hipchest
12-29-2007, 08:40 PM
the pats look to be puckered pretty tight.

i cant imagine them feeling the pressure from such a meaningless game.

if the giants gameplan is to keep feeding burress and keep hitting brady, they have a good gameplan.

it seems brady will be able to do like he did with the steelers and dink n dunk them to death with welker.

touchdownward
12-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Hmm... the Giants get a big sack on Brady and it's negated by a defensive penalty way down field...imagine that.

Preacher
12-29-2007, 08:52 PM
This is the first time this year that I can say that CLEARLY was not a penalty on a play, yet the Pats get the call.

Of course... then that was a Horse-collar tackle that SHOULD have been called against the Giants, and was not called...

RoethlisBURGHer
12-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Listening to Collinsworthless is making me gag. Amazing this, beautful that...the Pats linemen are trapping just like everyone else.

RoethlisBURGHer
12-29-2007, 08:55 PM
This is the first time this year that I can say that CLEARLY was not a penalty on a play, yet the Pats get the call.

Of course... then that was a Horse-collar tackle that SHOULD have been called against the Giants, and was not called...

That wasn't a horse-collar tackle. He was grabbed like one but thrown forward, not pulled back.

Preacher
12-29-2007, 08:56 PM
That wasn't a horse-collar tackle. He was grabbed like one but thrown forward, not pulled back.

Your right... I didn't think about that.

ShutDown24
12-29-2007, 08:57 PM
Offensive pass interferance, like most of Moss's catches.

touchdownward
12-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Gotta love those TD passes inside the 5. :yawn:

tony hipchest
12-29-2007, 09:00 PM
wow. was a flag thrown for excessive celebration and then picked up because the patriots deserve the right to break the rules to celebrate their accomplishments? :rolleyes:

go figure. thats the 3rd time the refs have helped pats/ hurt the giants. the fix is clearly on.

Preacher
12-29-2007, 09:00 PM
GREAT RUNBACK GIANTS!!!

tony hipchest
12-29-2007, 09:01 PM
i was wrong

the penalty was enforced and hixon turns it into a 74 yd td.

ShutDown24
12-29-2007, 09:02 PM
YAH!!!! I'm watching online so don't get to see all of it but nice run!!!

Preacher
i was wrong

the penalty was enforced and hixon turns it into a 74 yd td.

Yeah..

I felt like I was watching Steelers Special teams!

touchdownward
Gooseneck and Gum ball are saying that it was a ticky tack penalty. I thought spiking the ball was a penalty this season, maybe not on a TD though.

HA! Penalty made them give up a TD on the return. :cheers:

GutterflowerSteel
12-29-2007, 09:03 PM
WaHOOO!!! NICE SCORE, HIXON!!!
Did you catch the look on Belicheat's face as he ran by?! hahaaaaa...

That was beauty! :cheer: I was screaming at my tv like I was watching a Steelers game lol

stillers4me
12-29-2007, 09:04 PM
He spiked the ball. How can it be more obvious??

And back to that runback......I'm starting to enjoy this game. Especially the look on Belishits face,

ShutDown24
12-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Gooseneck and Gum ball are saying that it was a ticky tack penalty. I thought spiking the ball was a penalty this season, maybe not on a TD though.

HA! Penalty made them give up a TD on the return. :cheers:

The penalty was because Maroney danced with Moss, you can't have more than one player celebrate after a touchdown. It was a group thing, not only on Moss - It wasn't the spike that brought about the penalty.

GutterflowerSteel
12-29-2007, 09:06 PM
Gooseneck and Gum ball

I just noticed that LMAAAO!!!
So apropos :thumbsup:

stillers4me
12-29-2007, 09:07 PM
Didn't Hines get a penalty this year for a far less obvious spike than that?

touchdownward
12-29-2007, 09:07 PM
The penalty was because Maroney danced with Moss, you can't have more than one player celebrate after a touchdown. It was a group thing, not only on Moss - It wasn't the spike that brought about the penalty.

So that's what that was. I thought Moss was still woozy from that hit earlier. :bouncy:

Preacher
12-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Giants sure are stopping the run.

Preacher
12-29-2007, 09:09 PM
Wow. Giants have come to play.

I sure wish my father in law was alive to see this.

stillers4me
12-29-2007, 09:10 PM
Just wish it wasn't Eli Manning..........................................I guess I did say I didn't care who beat them as long as ssomeone did.

Come on, Eli!

ShutDown24
12-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Didn't Hines get a penalty this year for a far less obvious spike than that?

You are allowed to spike the ball after a touchdown, when it is in the middle of the drive / field you can't as it is considered a delay of game.

Borski
12-29-2007, 09:11 PM
Here we go Giants, here we go!!! I've got a friend who is a huge Giants fan

stillers4me
12-29-2007, 09:12 PM
You are allowed to spike the ball after a touchdown, when it is in the middle of the drive / field you can't as it is considered a delay of game.

Thanks......I didn't know that. :thumbsup:

ShutDown24
12-29-2007, 09:14 PM
Thanks......I didn't know that. :thumbsup:

With how many rule changes the league has year to year I can understand... I had to explain why that Willie run wasn't a touchdown to a few rows of seats week 5 against Seattle (Not that anyone remember that particular play)... I'm just an NFL nerd so lol :tt02:

Preacher
12-29-2007, 09:17 PM
Well...

this is it... Giants had better hold them here. Because if the Pats go up by a TD... or a TD -1, it is going to be very difficult to come back on them.

tony hipchest
12-29-2007, 09:18 PM
you know how everybody hates that offensive player who gets up and celebrates and gyrates converting a 1st down (even when they are losing) as if they just won the superbowl?

that is r. harrison and t. bruschi after every tackle they make, even in blow outs or meaningless games.

what putz's

Preacher
12-29-2007, 09:19 PM
you know how everybody hates that offensive player who gets up and celebrates and gyrates converting a 1st down (even when they are losing) as if they just won the superbowl?

that is r. harrison and t. bruschi after every tackle they make, even in blow outs or meaningless games.

what putz's

I agree.

ShutDown24
12-29-2007, 09:20 PM
That was a bad spot.

tony hipchest
12-29-2007, 09:25 PM
randy moss pushes off worse than michael irvin.

ShutDown24
Moss got covered by a linebacker on a streak :smile:

Matt Light is injured.

Preacher
Wow. Good job Giants.

Put the ball in the endzone and go in with the lead!!

tony hipchest
12-29-2007, 09:26 PM
nobody really knows this, but tedi bruschi now wears a wig after his brain surgery.

Preacher
12-29-2007, 09:27 PM
randy moss pushes off worse than michael irvin.

You know...

I don't mind that... as long as the league would loosen the rules on the Defense as well... and actually allows the offense and defensive players to fight for the ball.

But of course, that wouldn't happen... Scoring might go down. You can't have that in a professional sports league.. you might lose ratings. :banging:

So much for carrying more about the game then money.

touchdownward
12-29-2007, 09:31 PM
nobody really knows this, but tedi bruschi now wears a wig after his brain surgery.
The Bobby Brady model I see.

tony hipchest
12-29-2007, 09:37 PM
patriots cheat, poke people in the eye, start a fight, to wast time, and the giants are charged a time out.

it took 5 minutes, and absolutely killed the nfl to finally get that one right and call a penalty on the patriots.

the refs better sleep with 1 eye open tonight for actually making a correct call.

ShutDown24
12-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Wilfork has a fine coming... Should be a suspension but no way that will happen.

touchdownward
12-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Wow, a patsy puts his fingers inside a Giant's facemask and doesn't get a penalty???? Even gooseneck said it should have been a penalty.

GutterflowerSteel
12-29-2007, 09:38 PM
Holy SH*T - Eli is playing the game of his life - he took it down to the 4!

ShutDown24
12-29-2007, 09:41 PM
What a throw...

touchdownward
12-29-2007, 09:43 PM
Holy SH*T - Eli is playing the game of his life - he took it down to the 4!
If Eli plays like this in the 2nd half, this game is theirs.

ShutDown24
12-29-2007, 09:44 PM
If Eli plays like this in the 2nd half, this game is theirs.

If Manning could play half this good in most of his games the Giants would win a lot more.

Preacher
12-29-2007, 09:58 PM
this first possesion is very important.. Stop them, Giants put another 7 on the board... and this could become a very interesting game!

OneForTheToe
12-29-2007, 09:59 PM
Watching Penn State. If the Giants are winning with ten minutes left Ill switch over.

Preacher
12-29-2007, 10:00 PM
Dang the Giants are playing a good game. If they can carry this into the playoffs... it will be a good run for them.

Preacher
12-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Watching Penn State. If the Giants are winning with ten minutes left Ill switch over.

I'd switch over now. Patriots just went three and out... and the giants will have the ball with good field position.

touchdownward
12-29-2007, 10:04 PM
Jacobs is a hoss!!! Nice block by the FB too.

OneForTheToe
12-29-2007, 10:07 PM
I'd switch over now. Patriots just went three and out... and the giants will have the ball with good field position.

Too many bad memories from the Ravens game to trust it yet, padre.
Besides the Penn Statet game is pretty good. But I got the NFL game on gamecast, so I'll keep up if things seem to be falling into place at the end.

touchdownward
12-29-2007, 10:08 PM
TD Burres!!! He's coming up big in this game.

Preacher
12-29-2007, 10:08 PM
TOUCHDOWN BURRESS!!!!!!!!!

Dang that feels weird to type.

Preacher
12-29-2007, 10:10 PM
What is really great....

Is that they will have to sit for two weeks and wonder how they lost a game against a team that is not as good as them...

It will put questions into their heads and game...

Then the timing might be off as well...

This may be REAL INTERESTING!!

stillers4me
12-29-2007, 10:12 PM
What's hilarious is listening to Gumball and Collinsworthless. The must've had all their stats ready to slob all over the Pat's for 3 hours on 3 networks.............

touchdownward
12-29-2007, 10:20 PM
That pass interference should've been on Moss, not the giant's defender. 1st and goal........of course. :dang:

Preacher
12-29-2007, 10:22 PM
That pass interference should've been on Moss, not the giant's defender. 1st and goal........of course. :dang:

They were both intertwined... but I think the call will always favor the Offense... unless the defensive player turns for the ball.

MACH1
12-29-2007, 10:23 PM

of course the nfl went to all that trouble to get it on three channels and you think they'll let the cheats lose. :hunch:

Preacher
12-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I hope you all are kidding...

otherwise... it is starting to sound like a Seattle Seahawk board around here.

tony hipchest
12-29-2007, 10:25 PM
how bout the phantom penalty wiping out vrabels drop in the endzone and giving the pats another free shot at the 6 yd line (like thats really a penalty :rolleyes: )

same as in the baltimore game.

the fix is on.

touchdownward
12-29-2007, 10:26 PM
They were both intertwined... but I think the call will always favor the Offense... unless the defensive player turns for the ball.
It appeared that Moss made the initial contact before they became intertwined, but you are right, the defender just needed to turn his head around.

MACH1
12-29-2007, 10:27 PM
I hope you all are kidding...

otherwise... it is starting to sound like a Seattle Seahawk board around here.

:sofunny:

What you talkin bout willis. :chuckle:

Preacher
12-29-2007, 10:29 PM
:sofunny:

What you talkin bout willis. :chuckle:

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/289508/357503.jpg

MACH1
12-29-2007, 10:35 PM
how bout the phantom penalty wiping out vrabels drop in the endzone and giving the pats another free shot at the 6 yd line (like thats really a penalty :rolleyes: )

same as in the baltimore game.

the fix is on.

Isn't there a Kenny Loggins song by that title. :music: :wink02:

Now I'm gonna have that stuck in my head all night.
Thanks alot guys. :dang:

BlastFurnace
12-29-2007, 10:36 PM
I hate to say it, but I am pulling for the Patriots. I want them to go into the post-season undefeated to have the pressure continue to mount.

touchdownward
12-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Play clock ran out before Brady called timeout.

Preacher
12-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Play clock ran out before Brady called timeout.

I rewound it and checked it out... It did.

MACH1
12-29-2007, 10:40 PM
MILK THE CLOCK

tony hipchest
only tom brady is allowed to call time out after the playclock reaches zero.

thats the 4th refs **** up that benefits the patriots tonight.

the fix is on.

touchdownward
This game has that upset feel to it.

Preacher
12-29-2007, 10:42 PM
Remember the Browns-Steelers playoff game in 2002?

Same thing kept happening. Play clock would hit zero, then the ball was snapped.

Everyone forgets that there is about another second that teams have, because the ref looks at the clock, when it hits zero, then they look at the formation, if they see the ball snapped, or T.O being called... it is considered good.

Preacher
12-29-2007, 10:43 PM
This game has that upset feel to it.

Yeah.. but upset for whom?

MACH1
12-29-2007, 10:46 PM
That was dumb

MACH1
12-29-2007, 10:48 PM
NICE DROP MOSS

touchdownward
12-29-2007, 10:48 PM
Moss pulled a Chris Henry!:banana:

Edit: And then by the time I sent this, he catches a looong TD catch.:dang:

tony hipchest
12-29-2007, 10:49 PM
lol. brady brought a video camera to record history in new yourk.

i bet the patriots have already booked their hotel reservations for the superbowl too. :busted:

Preacher
12-29-2007, 10:49 PM
How in the world do you allow them to run the SAME play twice?

Preacher
12-29-2007, 10:52 PM
lol. brady brought a video camera to record history in new yourk.

i bet the patriots have already booked their hotel reservations for the superbowl too. :busted:

Shan't we leave past threads and discussions in their rightful places, or does it make a Steelers fan feel better to remember a loss?

NM

(just couldn't resist!)

MACH1
I wonder is collinsworth lips hurt yet from the knob slobbin

OneForTheToe
I'm going back to the Penn State game again. Still tied 17 a piece.

God, I hate the Pats

tony hipchest
wow, brady and moss just set a record and bruschi and seau are caught on camera sucking eachother off on the sideline.

wow. (they had nothing to do with it)

ShutDown24
12-29-2007, 10:53 PM
That was a group celebration that wasn't called...

The Packers let Strahan get a free record, now it looks like the Giants have picked up the tradition.

MACH1
12-29-2007, 10:53 PM
another mystery call?

Preacher
12-29-2007, 10:54 PM
There should have been NO penalty there... that was a little edgy...

I think the refs are getting scared.

tony hipchest
12-29-2007, 10:55 PM
5th phantom flag against toomer.

go figure.

now toomer gets an offensive holding penalty. typical bs call the patriots always get away with.

#6 for those keeping count.

MACH1
12-29-2007, 10:56 PM
The fix is on......the fix is ah-on

fansince'76
12-29-2007, 10:57 PM
5th phantom flag against toomer.

go figure.

now toomer gets an offensive holding penalty. typical bs call the patriots always get away with.

#6 for those keeping count.

You guys knew this shit was going to happen, so why bother watching it?

Preacher
12-29-2007, 10:59 PM
One thing I do have to admit..

I have seen two or three holds that have not been called on the OLine of the Pats.

MACH1
12-29-2007, 11:01 PM

I have seen two or three holds that have not been called on the OLine of the Pats.

If you can see them on your couch the refs on the field should see them. Ohh wait this is the pats.:dang:

Preacher
12-29-2007, 11:03 PM
Notice how the Pats just fall to the ground if they are going to get hit?

What wusses.

SteelerFan091472
12-29-2007, 11:05 PM
I feel like I'm watching professional wrestling tonight.

touchdownward
12-29-2007, 11:06 PM
http://fbg.sourceforge.net/releases/images/v0.7b-released-/gameover.jpg

tony hipchest
12-29-2007, 11:09 PM
lol

rodney harrison gets yanked for a cheap shot penalty.

belichick must not want the patriots image tarnished.

Preacher
Giants sure want to make this interesting eh?

BlastFurnace
If you think the refs are bad tonight, it is nothing compared to the gifts the Cowboys got against the Panthers last week.

I don't like what the NFL is becoming.

Preacher
lol

rodney harrison gets yanked for a cheap shot penalty.

belichick must not want the patriots image tarnished.

:sofunny::sofunny:

ShutDown24
12-29-2007, 11:10 PM

On the 3rd down conversion to Faulk, the right guard held under the DL's left shoulderpad and back around the neck... I want to take another look at that on replay this week...

The NFL Network for the most part does a great job. It is a really good station. The one flaw though as many like to point out is the announcers... Gumbel calls touchdowns 10 yards in advance. He has called a touchdown more than once this season that ended up falling short by 5 or more yards.

SteelerFan091472
12-29-2007, 11:10 PM
Why is Manning acting like he's running out the clock instead of running the hurry up offense?

touchdownward
12-29-2007, 11:11 PM
The giants are complete clock management idiots!

fansince'76
12-29-2007, 11:13 PM
The giants are complete clock management idiots!

It's been mandated by Kraft's lapdog Goodell that nothing will stand in the way of the "Greatest Team Ever" and 16-0. So it shall be written, so it shall be done.

Preacher
12-29-2007, 11:15 PM
Man..

All of a sudden, the Giants look like a peewee team

fansince'76
12-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Man..

All of a sudden, the Giants look like a peewee team

Kinda the way the Ravens and Eagles looked towards the end of their near-defeats of the "Untouchables." Funny how that works, eh?

Preacher
12-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Whta is that?

You know...

even I would be calling for our OC's head if they called this play and had this clock management.... OC and QB.

Preacher
12-29-2007, 11:18 PM
Kinda the way the Ravens and Eagles looked towards the end of their near-defeats of the "Untouchables." Funny how that works, eh?

When the center comes out... and KICKS THE FOOTBALL because he was too clumsy to see the ball... you can't blame that on anyone else.

fansince'76
12-29-2007, 11:21 PM
When the center comes out... and KICKS THE FOOTBALL because he was too clumsy to see the ball... you can't blame that on anyone else.

Well, I'm not watching the game, just reading the remarks about it here. I still think something stinks in the state of Denmark as far as the Cheatriots are concerned.

Preacher
12-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Well, I'm not watching the game, just reading the remarks about it here. I still think something stinks in the state of Denmark as far as the Cheatriots are concerned.

I don't believe it is with the refs...

But I do believe they are still cheating. They know too much about too many teams.

BlastFurnace
12-29-2007, 11:24 PM
Well, they are 16-0. Now they are essentially 0-0 as they head into the playoffs. If they don't win it all, 16-0 means absolutely nothing.

fansince'76
12-29-2007, 11:26 PM
Well, they are 16-0. Now they are essentially 0-0 as they head into the playoffs. If they don't win it all, 16-0 means absolutely nothing.

I hope they get their asses whipped in their own backyard in the divisional round.

tony hipchest
12-29-2007, 11:26 PM
kudos to the giants and patriots for playing all their players, like the game mattered, and delivering one hell of a product.

i cant even blame the refs for doing their jobs and blowing (or blatantly attempting to blow) 6 calls to keep the patriots in the game.

orders are orders.

anyways, tonight, the nfl didnt fail to deliver. (and plex looked every bit as good as moss)

stillers4me
12-29-2007, 11:27 PM
I don't believe it is with the refs...

But I do believe they are still cheating. They know too much about too many teams.

Funny how Gumball and Collinsworthlwss failed to mention the um.........indiscretion at the beginning of the season.

I wonder how many times Collinsworthless had to change his pants tonight.

BlastFurnace
12-29-2007, 11:28 PM
kudos to the giants and patriots for playing all their players, like the game mattered, and delivering one hell of a product.

i cant even blame the refs for doing their jobs and blowing (or blatantly attempting to blow) 6 calls to keep the patriots in the game.

orders are orders.

anyways, tonight, the nfl didnt fail to deliver. (and plex looked every bit as good as moss)

I wish we still had Plex. I never wanted him to leave.

ShutDown24
12-29-2007, 11:29 PM
They still have to win what, three more? The haven't gone undefeated yet. Oh yeah - and these are against good AFC teams.

fansince'76
12-29-2007, 11:31 PM
I wish we still had Plex. I never wanted him to leave.

Why? We won a SB without him and he quit on us anyway.

BlastFurnace
12-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Why? We won a SB without him and he quit on us anyway.

He was just one of my favorite players on the team. Nothing more than that.

fansince'76
12-29-2007, 11:44 PM
He was just one of my favorite players on the team. Nothing more than that.

Yeah, it kinda sucks to watch a personal favorite player leave under any circumstance - I felt the same way about Woodson.

stillers4me
12-29-2007, 11:44 PM
They won the game, but it's seems the steam is definitely going out of them. They aren't blowing teams away like they did at the beginning of the season.

They always seem to always miraculously come back in the 4th quarter......hmmmmmmmmm.........verrrryyyyyy interesting*.

tony hipchest
12-29-2007, 11:52 PM
robert kraft being interviewed in post game and the 1st thing he says is

"did we do good for the nfl network, or what"

or what. did good for nbc, cbs, and all of the advertisers who bought time on a sattelite network, yet got worldwide coverage.

the nfl push to china and russia continues...

thats ok. we can let the patriots kick down the doors to the worldwide market and then the steelers will come marching through.

X-Terminator
12-29-2007, 11:57 PM
All I have to say is thank God for cable TV. Saved me from being forced to watch the giant media gang-bang over the Pats.

I am SO hoping that they get beat in the playoffs. I will laugh harder than I have ever laughed before, especially when I see the look of WTF on Collinsworthless' face as he wonders how the "Greatest Team Ever" :jerkit: could ever lose.

F the Pats and F Boston.

stillers4me
12-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Tom Brady admitted that he brought his video camera*.

CASTEEL
12-30-2007, 12:36 AM
All I have to say is thank God for cable TV. Saved me from being forced to watch the giant media gang-bang over the Pats.

I am SO hoping that they get beat in the playoffs. I will laugh harder than I have ever laughed before, especially when I see the look of WTF on Collinsworthless' face as he wonders how the "Greatest Team Ever" :jerkit: could ever lose.

F the Pats and F Boston.

I thought I'd tune in to NFL channel on Serius while on a road trip .... boy what a mistake that was .... I couldn't believe what I was hearing with the arse kissing that was going on.... seriously, it was so freakin' pathetic.

:flipoff: to the arse kissing media and the cheating Patsies....