PDA

View Full Version : sausage balls

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-26-2007, 10:05 PM
these are so easy and delicious

Sausage Balls Ingredients
1 pound Ground sausage (jimmy dean hot or sage flavor)
3 cups Bisquick - you can use less if you'd like more sausage taste
4 cups Sharp cheddar grated

Instructions for Sausage Balls

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray.

Combine all ingredients in a large glass bowl. Mix well with your fingers. The mixture will be very crumbly. Form into 1 inch balls, squeezing the mixture so it holds together, then rolling it between the palms of your hands to form balls.

Place the balls on the baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. To prevent sticking, move the balls with a spatula halfway through cooking.

Sausage Dip

1/8 tablespoon Pepper
1 cup Mayonnaise
1 tablespoon Mustard

To make the dip, combine the mayonnaise and mustard. Serve with sausage balls.

NJarhead
12-27-2007, 12:16 PM
Speaking of hi-jacked thread, I was so tempted to reply with a fake recipe for "Schwetty Balls" from the Schwetty Family recipe (SNL-for those that remember that episode). But, after reading the recipe, I'm definitely going to give 'em a shot.

GBMelBlount
12-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Sausage Balls????

I smell a thread hi-jack comin' on........ can anyone say 'Hot Pizz Dip'? :toofunny:

:eat::cya:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-27-2007, 08:10 PM
[QUOTE=TheWarDen86;346262 But, after reading the recipe, I'm definitely going to give 'em a shot.[/QUOTE]

You can't eat just one...:wink02:

The Duke
12-28-2007, 08:36 PM
Speaking of hi-jacked thread, I was so tempted to reply with a fake recipe for "Schwetty Balls" from the Schwetty Family recipe (SNL-for those that remember that episode).

Oh, I remember that one. It still makes me wanna pee form laughing just thinking about it.

I've been searching all day long for a come-back to this...... but everything I've come up with to this point would either;

A) get this post moved directly to the Blast Furnace

B) get me a lecture from a mod

or

C) get me banned

So I've decided on;

D) just shut my mouth and let you have the last word........ this time. :banging:

good decision. just keep your balls to yourself :toofunny:

Nice recipe though. I might just try it for the steelers first playoff game:tt02:
Who knows, maybe i'll add them some nuts too:smile:

GBMelBlount
12-28-2007, 08:55 PM
I've been searching all day long for a come-back to this...... but everything I've come up with to this point would either;

A) get this post moved directly to the Blast Furnace

B) get me a lecture from a mod

or

C) get me banned

So I've decided on;

D) just shut my mouth and let you have the last word........ this time. :banging:

Yep, I'm gonna go out on a limb & guess you've been married 10 years. :wink02: :cheers: Although I bet your still in trouble for leaving out the "yes dear!"

kittenfantastico76
01-19-2009, 04:38 PM
I had never heard of these until I moved to the south... OMG SO ADDICTING AND GOOD! Seriously you can't eat just one!

*tip - using 1 or 2 eggs helps the mixture stick together better!

If you freeze the balls and then bake them, they bake up much fluffier as well!

NJarhead
01-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Sorry, but every time this thread pops up it reminds me of this SNL skit with Alec Baldwin:
http://jeremy.zawodny.com/i/npr-balls.png

"No one can resist my Schwetty Balls."

:chuckle:

UPDATE: and it looks as though I've already made that known. Again, I'm sorry but I can't help it. That skit cracked me up!!!

MasterOfPuppets
10-02-2010, 02:38 AM
you definetly have to use eggs with this. otherwise you end up with about a cup of bisquick and cheese that won't pack together with the rest of the crap .... i had to use 2 eggs.....:doh: