PDA

View Full Version : Best corners?

ShutDown24
12-28-2007, 12:27 PM
Ok... This might be the biggest debate for forum goers outside of best NFL quarterback... Who are the best NFL cornerbacks? Here is my list... With so many guys these lists vary a ton so I don't expect that many people will agree with me here.

10. Anthony Henry - A lot of attention gets put on his counterpart Terrence Newman... Newman is fast, makes bigger plays and was selected early in the draft. Henry, however, is the better cover guy. He doesn't get near the credit he deserves.

9. Al Harris - Good at press coverage, very physical and in my opinion masks some of Charles Woodson's weaknesses on the other side of the field.

8. Ike Taylor - Am I biased? Yes. Am I right? Yes. Ike has had an incredible year and can cover with the best of them.

7. Chris McAllister - If he could just stay healthy he could probably be even higher.

6. Namdi Asomugha - He had a better 06 than 07 as far as big plays go, but there weren't nearly as many balls thrown his way this year.

5. Ronde Barber - Older, slower and teams try to pick on him but Barber just keeps on playing well.

4. Antoine Winfield - He doesn't get any credit. All people talk about with that Vikings defense is the Williams brothers, but Winfield is quietly one of the most consistent players in any NFL secondary.

3. Asante Samuel - No question Samuel will be making a ton of $$ this off-season, with or without the Patriots. Not too far off from swapping places with #2.

2. Champ Bailey - Champ isn't the same corner he used to be. He is still top three for sure, but is losing something no doubt about it.

1. Nate Clements - People want to put him down because he got paid the biggest cornerback contract in NFL history, blah blah blah. There is a reason this guy got all that money - he is ROCK solid.

Who are your top guys?

GBMelBlount
12-28-2007, 01:03 PM
He is a prototypical CB IMO. Tall, athletic, long arms, fast as hell. When he's focused and doesn't make the mental mistakes like last year, he is in my top 10 as well.

ShutDown24
12-28-2007, 01:07 PM
He is a prototypical CB IMO. Tall, athletic, long arms, fast as hell. When he's focused and doesn't make the mental mistakes like last year, he is in my top 10 as well.

I'm assuming you mean Ike?

Lol - A little surprised you didn't make a case for Blount, even today :sofunny:

The Duke
12-28-2007, 01:51 PM
I agree with that list.

Terrence Newman should maybe, just maybe, fit in that list somewhere.

From all those my fav is Barber. it will be terrible when he hangs it up

BTW Shutdown, love the new sig!

ShutDown24
12-28-2007, 02:03 PM
I agree with that list.

Terrence Newman should maybe, just maybe, fit in that list somewhere.

From all those my fav is Barber. it will be terrible when he hangs it up

BTW Shutdown, love the new sig!

I kind of wanted Newman on the list but didn't know where to fit him in... I really think Henry is a more valuable corner and everyone else under him are great.

I like Barber too - If he wants to, I think he can play for quite some time still.

Thanks about the sig, I was tempted to mark down Brandon Marshall for the Broncos as well but I wasn't here for that game and all indications were that he ran all over our secondary on their final drive so...

BTW: Everyone should take notice that DeAngello Hall is not on my list.

The Duke
12-28-2007, 02:37 PM
BTW: Everyone should take notice that DeAngello Hall is not on my list.

why should he? the only list he would deserve is the overrated list

ShutDown24
12-28-2007, 02:42 PM
why should he? the only list he would deserve is the overrated list

Yep, he would get on a playmakers list but should not get notice as a shutdown corner .