PDA

View Full Version : "patriots will face chargers or jacksonville"

tony hipchest
12-30-2007, 12:06 AM
it seems like its already been decided amongst the talkin heads.

it seems like the steelers will be the home underdog.

im thinking the chargers will be playing "lights out" to ensure they get cleveland/titans.

go raiders :flap: :dang: :sofunny: (yeah right)

fansince'76
12-30-2007, 12:07 AM
Yep, we've heard this before, haven't we?

Godfather
12-30-2007, 12:09 AM
Not necessarily a knock against us...it could be they're assuming we're the 3 seed.

silver & black
12-30-2007, 10:10 AM
it seems like its already been decided amongst the talkin heads.

it seems like the steelers will be the home underdog.

im thinking the chargers will be playing "lights out" to ensure they get cleveland/titans.

go raiders :flap: :dang: :sofunny: (yeah right)

If it helps, I'll be cheering loud and hard for the Silver and Black to pull the upset! :thumbsup: As highly unlikely as it is... you never know!

stillers4me
12-30-2007, 12:21 PM
It will be up to an AFC team to knock them out. If they make it to the Superbowl, it's all over. Neither the Cowboys or the Packers are up to the task of beating both the Pats* and the the great NFL cover up.

Steeler in Carolina
12-30-2007, 08:38 PM
I look for Heinz to be rockin' Saturday night and Gerrard will be a lost puppy. 27-3 Steeler victory.

The Patriot
12-31-2007, 11:41 AM
It's impossible for us to play the Chargers. They're the 3 seed now so they'll have to beat Indy.

Atlanta Dan
12-31-2007, 12:32 PM
It's impossible for us to play the Chargers. They're the 3 seed now so they'll have to beat Indy.

Agreed - in terms of positioning for the playoffs the team that has done the most to improve its position this month is the Chargers - Titans seem even weaker than the Steelers if Young & Haynsworth are both hurting & if they win Sunday Chargers then play an Indy team they handled in 2005.

verks36
12-31-2007, 12:39 PM
ya it is crazy after the pats game all thye announcers said was watch out for Jacksonville.

When did the steelers become pushovers we only won the super bowl 2 years ago.

Mosca
12-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Based on what I've seen over the past 6 weeks, I would say that the assumption is valid. Anything can happen, and that's why they play the games, but a level head would predict a Jag's victory.

'Course I still want the Steelers to win. But I haven't seen a team that can win that game, based on the recent play. Lots of luck would have to fall our way, and the Jags would have to come out flat (like we very well might).

The Patriot
12-31-2007, 01:39 PM
I predict it will end up being Chargers@Colts and Steelers@Patriots.
I would worry a little about the Jaguars but I think you guys will roll right through them. Then you come back to Foxborro for a rematch! :bouncy:

silver & black
12-31-2007, 02:46 PM
ya it is crazy after the pats game all thye announcers said was watch out for Jacksonville.

Well, the Raiders were in the Show 5 years ago, but we are the worst team in the league now. It sucks, but it is a "what have you done NOW league".

Steelers'07 "steelers don't have rebuilding years."- Ike Taylor

Yeah, and the Raiders don't rebuild...they reload...lol.

fansince'76
12-31-2007, 02:48 PM

We weren't given a snowball's chance in hell then either, until we won the AFCCG. We were underdogs against Cincy, Indy and Denver, which was justifiable, being the #6 seed. It looks like a good number of our own fans are giving us about the same chance against the Jags this weekend, despite it being a home game for us, and I hope they have to scrape egg off their faces come Saturday night.

SteelCityMan786
12-31-2007, 03:35 PM

Not till the Conference Championship.

Mosca
12-31-2007, 04:12 PM
I predict it will end up being Chargers@Colts and Steelers@Patriots.
I would worry a little about the Jaguars but I think you guys will roll right through them. Then you come back to Foxborro for a rematch! :bouncy:

Hey, thanks for the vote of confidence! But we aren't exactly peaking, and playoffs isn't the time to get it together. We should have had that all figured out a couple weeks ago. If we beat the Jags, it will be on Roethlisberger's talent, and one guy can only carry you so far (as you well know). I'd love to get all chesty and say we're gonna roll right through the Pats, but I don't see it. Talk to me after next Saturday, I'll have a better idea of what to expect.

Which of course doesn't mean that I don't want us to stomp your guys! We have the heart, but maybe not quite the talent. Yet. But I DO think we're good enough to win with some breaks; a block, an INT return, a bad bounce. Your guys haven't had a game full of bad breaks (the Baltimore game was one with one extraordinarily good break going the Pats' way, the coach calling that time out). Of course it always takes a lot of luck AND talent. Kudos to them for covering the talent part. But there are at least 4 teams that can stay close enough to beat them; Cowboys and Packers, Colts, Steelers, and I'll toss in the Jags. Heck, if the Chargers hit on all cylinders no one can outscore them... not that I see that happening, though. But it could.

Mosca
12-31-2007, 04:17 PM
We weren't given a snowball's chance in hell then either, until we won the AFCCG. We were underdogs against Cincy, Indy and Denver, which was justifiable, being the #6 seed. It looks like a good number of our own fans are giving us about the same chance against the Jags this weekend, despite it being a home game for us, and I hope they have to scrape egg off their faces come Saturday night.

The difference then was that we could see that our guys were playing the best football in the league in '05. We were crushing people. What had happened earlier in the year was irrelevant to the games we were facing; everyone was at their peak, both individually and as a team.

This year we are backing into the playoffs based on early season domination. But again, what happened earlier in the year is irrelevant. What matters in that our guys have a short week to figure out what's wrong, and then they have to fix it against a Jags team that pummeled us pretty good a couple weeks ago.

Sure, I hope we do it. But I'm not betting money on it. If we win, I'll celebrate, if we lose, well, the dishes still need to be done.

The Patriot
12-31-2007, 08:21 PM
Hey, thanks for the vote of confidence! But we aren't exactly peaking, and playoffs isn't the time to get it together. We should have had that all figured out a couple weeks ago. If we beat the Jags, it will be on Roethlisberger's talent, and one guy can only carry you so far (as you well know). I'd love to get all chesty and say we're gonna roll right through the Pats, but I don't see it. Talk to me after next Saturday, I'll have a better idea of what to expect.

Which of course doesn't mean that I don't want us to stomp your guys! We have the heart, but maybe not quite the talent. Yet. But I DO think we're good enough to win with some breaks; a block, an INT return, a bad bounce. Your guys haven't had a game full of bad breaks (the Baltimore game was one with one extraordinarily good break going the Pats' way, the coach calling that time out). Of course it always takes a lot of luck AND talent. Kudos to them for covering the talent part. But there are at least 4 teams that can stay close enough to beat them; Cowboys and Packers, Colts, Steelers, and I'll toss in the Jags. Heck, if the Chargers hit on all cylinders no one can outscore them... not that I see that happening, though. But it could.

I'm not sure what to expect from the Patriots. When I watch replays of their games prior to week 10 I am shocked at what they were doing. Either the league finally caught up with them or they are a sleeping giant. Personally, I believe they are the most talented team in a decade but I also believe that talent alone does not win football games. I believe in the underdog.

Preacher
12-31-2007, 09:01 PM

Interesting thought.

I believe that we can win, but it will be an uphill battle. If both teams come to play, neither makes a big mistake, both teams execute decently, I will have to give the game to JAX. They have a better running game then we do right now. They have a better defense then we do right now. Ben is much better then Girard... or what ever the guys name is.

However, if we can slow down the run game, or get ours going... or execute flawlessly in the passing game with a decent defense, we can win the game.

fansince'76
01-01-2008, 12:58 AM
The difference then was that we could see that our guys were playing the best football in the league in '05. We were crushing people. What had happened earlier in the year was irrelevant to the games we were facing; everyone was at their peak, both individually and as a team.

This year we are backing into the playoffs based on early season domination. But again, what happened earlier in the year is irrelevant. What matters in that our guys have a short week to figure out what's wrong, and then they have to fix it against a Jags team that pummeled us pretty good a couple weeks ago.

Sure, I hope we do it. But I'm not betting money on it. If we win, I'll celebrate, if we lose, well, the dishes still need to be done.

Sorry Tom, I remember it a bit differently - a more than healthy number of our own fans weren't giving us a snowball's chance in hell against the Colts either. Besides, how does a division winner back into the playoffs? Backing in is what the Titans and Redskins did. But I hear what you're saying - our D's play as of late doesn't inspire a ton of confidence, but I'm still keeping the faith. At least you're not conceding defeat as a certainty before the game is even played - that's what torques me off.

MasterOfPuppets
01-01-2008, 02:30 AM
there's no doubt we can beat the jags. hell we only played in spurts the last meeting and still almost pulled it off. tomlin just needs to drill it in thier heads that its a 60 minute game !!! the boneheaded missed tackles is what killed em. if the 1st guy that made contact ,made the tackle, the jags would've had about 60 % less yds.

Rhee Rhee
01-01-2008, 03:23 AM
how far the jags have come...

Preacher
01-01-2008, 03:50 AM
there's no doubt we can beat the jags. hell we only played in spurts the last meeting and still almost pulled it off. tomlin just needs to drill it in thier heads that its a 60 minute game !!! the boneheaded missed tackles is what killed em. if the 1st guy that made contact ,made the tackle, the jags would've had about 60 % less yds.

You know...

You're probably right.