PDA

View Full Version : Jags Special Teams are Getting [P]owned by the Texans

HometownGal
12-30-2007, 02:41 PM
Andre Davis has scored 2 TD's on kickoffs today against the Jags, one for 97 yards and one for 104. Hmmmm - I'm sure Tomlin & Co. will be studying the tape of that game to look at those cracks in their ST's.

fansince'76
12-30-2007, 02:45 PM
Well, since Jax has a lock on the #5 seed in the AFC, and can't improve on it by winning today, are they sitting any of their regular S-teamers to avoid injuries? I checked NFL.com, and it doesn't look like Garrard has played a down, at least - smart move on Del Rio's part.

HometownGal
12-30-2007, 02:54 PM
Well, since Jax has a lock on the #5 seed in the AFC, and can't improve on it by winning today, are they sitting any of their regular S-teamers to avoid injuries? I checked NFL.com, and it doesn't look like Garrard has played a down, at least - smart move on Del Rio's part.

I'm not familiar with Jax's ST'ers but I'm sure Del Rio has sat a couple of them this week. Nonetheless, the Jags ST's looks AWFUL today. :thumbsup:

touchdownward
12-30-2007, 02:58 PM
I'm watching the game and the announcers said Del Rio is sitting most of his starters due to their aggressive nature and potential at getting hurt.

Yeah HTG, their ST looks pitiful today. :smile:

fansince'76
12-30-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm not familiar with Jax's ST'ers but I'm sure Del Rio has sat a couple of them this week. Nonetheless, the Jags ST's looks AWFUL today. :thumbsup:

Well, hopefully Rossum can break a couple on them if we face them in the WC round. Doubtful, considering the fact that I don't think I've seen our return team form a decent wedge all year.

83-Steelers-43
12-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Game means nothing to Jax. I'm sure they will be ready and back to form come round 1.

Atlanta Dan
12-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Well, hopefully Rossum can break a couple on them if we face them in the WC round. Doubtful, considering the fact that I don't think I've seen our return team form a decent wedge all year.

:iagree:

Rossum should just fair catch everything since his role is only to avoid turnovers

Since the game means nothing I hope Reid does the returns today

83-Steelers-43
12-30-2007, 04:18 PM
And on that note, Willie Reid fumbles on the opening kickoff. Ravens ball on our 35...lol.

bchbunnie4
12-30-2007, 09:20 PM
Jags sat out everyone today...I think the special teams included their water boy, a trainer and the winner of last years punt, pass and kick competition!! That's how bad they were!!

stillers4me
12-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Anybody think the Willie Reid fumbled his last return for the Steelers today???????

fansince'76
12-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Anybody think the Willie Reid fumbled his last return for the Steelers today???????

Yes - he won't be on the roster next year. He's had his opportunities and has blown every one of them.

Atlanta Dan
12-30-2007, 10:23 PM

Assuming he has a 3 year contract he will be brought into camp and may get some preseason returns but he is gone

revefsreleets
12-31-2007, 09:33 AM
If the Steelers had an elite returner, I think they'd have won at least 2 more games this year. The ST still make me VERY nervous.