PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Commentators ... Primarily Simms & Collinsworth.

steelers2685
12-30-2007, 06:12 PM
Hello everyone.

I am new here to the board here as of today, but I am not new to Steelers football. Anymore, I am so tired of certain commentators who broadcast Steelers games that I find my blood pressure rising with each and every word uttered out of their mouths. In my opinion, Phil "Know it All" Simms & Cris "I LOVE Tom Brady... Incredible" Collinsworth are THE abomination of sportscasters. :dang:

I don't know what you other folks feel about this, but I wish to point out two things:

Phil Simms - Every single game broadcast on CBS has him commentating, and every single time he talks up the other teams to put the Steelers down. I don't know what went on with him during his career when versing the Steelers, but he can talk up the Dolphins or Bengals and discuss how confident he is in his remarks. Anything the other teams do are extra special and so unbelievable. It truly seems like he hates the Steelers. And it really disturbs me that the NFL consistently allows favoritism to go on with its sportscasts. And with the favoritism remark, I move on to my next comment:

Cris Collinsworth. What a schmuck. The game can be between two CFL teams and he would still bring up statistics on Tom Brady and talk about how incredible the Patriots are in general. This has happened since week 3 or 4 on the Sunday night pregames. I don't understand WHY in the world he is allowed to commentate? I recall one time they were talking about LT turning things around and he rudely comes out talking about oh well Tom Brady today did this.... blah blah blah. :blah:

Does anyone else feel as strongly about this as I do? If so, has anyone researched an address to send a letter to NFL officials to illustrate my disgust :computer:? I notice a thread above that is talking about how terrible Bryant Gumble is... But to be honest, he sure is better than Simms or Collinsworth. :jawdrop:

Thoughts? ...

louisvillecards
12-30-2007, 06:36 PM
I dont mind simm's he is ok ,best commentator working at cbs is Gus Johnson hands down.Especially during college basketball games.

SMR
01-24-2008, 09:54 PM
NEVER liked Collingsworth. Comes across as arrogant and condescending.

Stu Pidasso
01-27-2008, 12:52 AM
I LOATHE Shannon Sharpe. Two words: SPEECH PATHOLOGIST

Rhee Rhee
01-27-2008, 01:01 AM
i HATE chris collinsworth.. what an A-hole... i hope he gambles away his money and is fired from NBC... basically everyone on NBC is stupid except JB and that guy who looks like he wears a wig... bob costas i think... simms i haven't heard enough of him yet but if he's the way u say he is i hate him..

LambertIsGod58
01-27-2008, 01:36 AM
I like Joe Buck the best...Never heard him do a Steelers game. I still like Dick Endberg. I can remember he'd do the AFC Championship year after year. I do like the Madden/Michaels team. Say what you will about the "crushes" Madden has. Most of them are deserved....

JackHammer
02-02-2008, 04:13 PM
How surprising. More whining about how the announcers don't give the Steelers enough credit. Boo Hoo. This crap gets as old as the Patriots winning IMO.

PisnNapalm
02-02-2008, 05:09 PM
I don't like listening to either Simms or Collingsworthless. Both of them drive me nuts.

SMR
02-02-2008, 06:04 PM
How surprising. More whining about how the announcers don't give the Steelers enough credit. Boo Hoo. This crap gets as old as the Patriots winning IMO.

You ok?

Dodt
02-02-2008, 06:43 PM
thank god i can dub over those losers with the steelers radio broadcast.

83-Steelers-43
02-03-2008, 05:46 AM
thank god i can dub over those losers with the steelers radio broadcast.

Amen.

For me, it has nothing to do with a supposed Steeler bias, I just don't think they are very good. Just a preference. Although I can deal with Michaels and Madden.

MarylandSteeler
02-03-2008, 05:53 AM
I don't like an of them, give me Steelers radio, granted I am not totally in love with Tunch and Wolf, but it is a million times better that the guys that are on CBS and the other stations.

msafford
02-03-2008, 08:27 AM
I LOATHE Shannon Sharpe. Two words: SPEECH PATHOLOGIST

You know, when I listen to Shannon Sharpe on TV, it reminds me of the bit Bill Cosby had about going to the dentist and getting his mouth numbed. Sounds just like it.