PDA

View Full Version : F THE BROWNS

she_had_man_hands
12-30-2007, 11:16 PM
HAHA

ShutDown24
12-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Lol... I think a better topic title could have been used such as 'Browns miss playoffs... Again...' but either way :D

CONGRATULATIONS STEELERS! Only team from the AFCN playoff bound.

Lord Stiller
12-30-2007, 11:18 PM
:tt02::tt02:

SteelCityMan786
12-30-2007, 11:23 PM
Next Time I hear about the Browns Being a playoff contender will be when?????????

ShutDown24
12-30-2007, 11:25 PM
Next Time I hear about the Browns Being a playoff contender will be when?????????

6-7 years. That is the current pattern and I don't think it is going to change anytime soon.

Newzfoxjr
12-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Too bad that they don't have a first round pick, either.

touchdownward
12-31-2007, 10:12 AM
The browns screwed the pooch (yes, pun intended) when Anderson bungled against the bungles last weekend.
They all want Quinn now since Anderson is probably leaving.
Dumping the girl before she dumps you.

HometownGal
12-31-2007, 11:03 AM
I can't, in good conscience, put down the Browns this season. Had there been another minute or two left in last week's game against the Bungles (who almost bungled it up again), I think the Browns would have won that game and this thread wouldn't exist. I give credit where credit is due - the Browns had a very good season and have a promising O (though they probably are going to lose Anderson to the Fins). I'm not all that high on Brady Queer, but if Anderson stays in Clownville or Queer finds his jewels, if they shore up that D, they are going to be a force to be reckoned with in coming seasons.

CB1977
12-31-2007, 11:18 AM
I can't, in good conscience, put down the Browns this season. Had there been another minute or two left in last week's game against the Bungles (who almost bungled it up again), I think the Browns would have won that game and this thread wouldn't exist. I give credit where credit is due - the Browns had a very good season and have a promising O (though they probably are going to lose Anderson to the Fins). I'm not all that high on Brady Queer, but if Anderson stays in Clownville or Queer finds his jewels, if they shore up that D, they are going to be a force to be reckoned with in coming seasons.

Thanks HTG for being one of the few to actually have enough commen sense to admit that the Browns were actually pretty good this season.

Do I think that the Browns were playoff material? No, I didn't but, I'm so proud of them for ending the season with a 10-6 record...so much better than most people thought they would end up with.

Although I hate the fact that you still referred to them as being in "Clownville" and calling Brady "Queer", (you kinda get used to the name calling and tend to ignore it) I admire your great football knowledge and your honest posts throughout the season.

Happy New Year to all of you. :party: I wish all of you well in 2008.

My only wish right now is to NOT see the Colts, Titans, Patriots, Cowboys and Steelers in the Super Bowl.

Good luck to Green Bay.

Cheers :cheers:

HometownGal
12-31-2007, 03:04 PM
Thanks HTG for being one of the few to actually have enough commen sense to admit that the Browns were actually pretty good this season.

Do I think that the Browns were playoff material? No, I didn't but, I'm so proud of them for ending the season with a 10-6 record...so much better than most people thought they would end up with.

Although I hate the fact that you still referred to them as being in "Clownville" and calling Brady "Queer", (you kinda get used to the name calling and tend to ignore it) I admire your great football knowledge and your honest posts throughout the season.

Happy New Year to all of you. :party: I wish all of you well in 2008.

My only wish right now is to NOT see the Colts, Titans, Patriots, Cowboys and Steelers in the Super Bowl.

Good luck to Green Bay.

Cheers :cheers:

Seriously - you'd have to be blind not to see how far the Browns progressed this season. I just calls em as I sees em.

Don't take it personally about the name calling - this is the Blast Furnace and we tend to pick on other teams and players in this forum, especially rival teams from the AFCN. :wink02: Though I am not a football expert by any means, I don't believe Brady Queer (sorry) is the Browns answer at QB. If the Browns are going to have continued success in the coming years, they need to find a way to keep Anderson, imho.

Best wishes for a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to you too CB! :cheers:

SteelCityMan786
12-31-2007, 03:39 PM

I can since they lost to us twice. But I can give them props for trying to fight it out till the end.

Stlrs4Life
12-31-2007, 05:13 PM
I venture to guess this is abnother 1 and done for the Browns. They did alright if not better in 2001 when they made the plasyoffs. They have a very good OL, and wa good WR. That's about it.

MasterOfPuppets
12-31-2007, 08:38 PM
Hats off to the browns for not giving the cowpattys a top 10 pick !!!:thumbsup:

Preacher
12-31-2007, 09:04 PM

Yep. People who think these are the "Same ol' Browns" are kidding themselves.

Steeler in Carolina
12-31-2007, 09:38 PM
I am very surprised at the Browns season, especially they way they looked in week 1. I do not think the answer for their QB is Brady Quinn. If Andersen leaves, Browns will be lucky to go 6-10 next year and for a few more years while the Quinn experiment goes on. My advice would be to dump Quinn and signed Andersen long term.

fansince'76
01-01-2008, 10:49 AM

Agreed, HTG. The Browns improved by leaps and bounds this season, and anyone not willing to admit that is either blind or in denial. The rivalry is back - they came very close to beating us in our own backyard this year.

touchdownward
01-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Great season for the browns and I agree with others in saying that Anderson needs to be re-signed.
Yes, the rivalry is back and I for one am glad to see it. It's been a long time since the Brian Sipe and Bernie Kosar days.

But still, concerning the playoffs this year.......
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ATA/24818BP~Nelson-Posters.jpg
:flap:

sherlock
01-11-2008, 02:19 AM
Browns fans confuse me!
On the one hand the guys that write to this forum,such as CB1977 and TBD come across as intelligent and articulate gentlemen.....but if you go to youtube their fans appear to be the most vile and obnoxious of people who seem to have a pathological hatred of the Steelers...what`s going on?!!! :smile:

Preacher
01-11-2008, 02:40 AM
Browns fans confuse me!
On the one hand the guys that write to this forum,such as CB1977 and TBD come across as intelligent and articulate gentlemen.....but if you go to youtube their fans appear to be the most vile and obnoxious of people who seem to have a pathological hatred of the Steelers...what`s going on?!!! :smile:

Jealousy.

You see, the last time the Browns had anything to brag about was the 1950's. They will actually find ways to tell us that their wins in the 50's are considered the same era as our 5 champions.

Furthermore, since the 70's, we have pretty much owned the Browns. This again ticks them off seeing as they are used to hearing from their pops about how THOSE teams used to beat our Steelers.

In short, jealousy.

CB1977
01-11-2008, 10:58 AM
Browns fans confuse me!

Thanks for the compliment Sherlock, although I'm female but hey, you didn't know that so, I'll let it slide this time. :wink02:

Please please please, don't think that all Browns fans are like the ones you see on YouTube. If you go a little further on that site and type in any of the NFL teams fans, I'm sure you will find that they are all a little offensive, in some ways or others. Check out a great Browns fans forum that I and TBD belong to (Browns 24/7) and you will come across more "intelligent and articulate" Browns fans than you will find on YouTube. We have a few Steeler fans there and they are great people!!!!

Preacher...As a Browns fan, I am not in any way, shape or form jealous of the Steelers. I love my Brownies, win or lose. That's MY team and I will be a diehard fan, win or lose, until the day I die. IMO, that was kind of an ignorant thing to say...no true Browns fan I know has ever been jealous of the Steelers. We live for the rivalry. It's one of the greatest things we have in football and I can't think of many other teams that share this type of rivalry.

Just saying..........

sherlock
01-11-2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the compliment Sherlock, although I'm female but hey, you didn't know that so, I'll let it slide this time. :wink02:

Please please please, don't think that all Browns fans are like the ones you see on YouTube. If you go a little further on that site and type in any of the NFL teams fans, I'm sure you will find that they are all a little offensive, in some ways or others. Check out a great Browns fans forum that I and TBD belong to (Browns 24/7) and you will come across more "intelligent and articulate" Browns fans than you will find on YouTube. We have a few Steeler fans there and they are great people!!!!

Preacher...As a Browns fan, I am not in any way, shape or form jealous of the Steelers. I love my Brownies, win or lose. That's MY team and I will be a diehard fan, win or lose, until the day I die. IMO, that was kind of an ignorant thing to say...no true Browns fan I know has ever been jealous of the Steelers. We live for the rivalry. It's one of the greatest things we have in football and I can't think of many other teams that share this type of rivalry.

Just saying..........

Oops...sorry about the sex change CB1977!:dang:
Of course I don`t think all Browns fans are like the ones I`ve seen on youtube.... only about 90%!!....just kidding:smile:
To be honest I kinda enjoy the videos I`ve seen posted by Browns fans,there`s nothing wrong with friendly banter and rivalry and they usually make me laugh.
You`re absolutely right about rivalry being a great thing,my soccer team is Norwich(hurrah!!) and our great rivals are Ipswich(boo,hiss) and both sets of fans enjoy that rivalry although it can sometimes boil over into something more serious than healthy rivalry...but unfortunately thats been the way in soccer for well over 30 years now.

I probably shouldn`t say this but when I was looking for an NFL team to follow(this is my 1st season of NFL watching) I almost chose the Browns!!....but I was pulled back from the brink by this video on youtube....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZx3ZH7GUtE

Also no doubt all teams have bonehead fans...apart from the Steelers of course. HA!....in this thread they have said many complimentary things about the Browns albeit in a left-field kind of way!
Anyway,enough of this love-in...I`m not supposed to like the Browns

All the best and Go Browns...kind off ! :cheers:

Preacher
01-11-2008, 03:50 PM

Just saying..........

CB....

I know that, you know that, but here, I am training up a young (in Steelers time) Steelers lad in the rivalry! :wink02:

TroysBadDawg
01-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Now wait one dag blamed minute here. first you refer to a her as a him, then to me as a Gentleman?? I'll have you know I am trying very hard to be a Dirty Old Man, ask HTG.

I am also a certified member of DAMM Drunks Against Mad Mothers. so there.

LMAO

Hey I remember when there were fist fights between Steeler fans and Browns fans at the old Muni. And my Dad rest his soul is probably turning in his grave knowing I am on a Steelers Board and have friends here. LOL That also was a joke. He also taught me to be kind to the unenlightened. LOL Hey no matter what team you cheer for, stay with it and don't be a bandwagon fan. True fans are scarce anymore, but there are few bandwagon Browns fans. We have had no reason for bandwagoners to try and jump on yet, like we would want them.

So when you hear of a Browns fan, know they are loyal and old, why else would anyone else cheer for our team? We raise our own.

HometownGal
01-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Now wait one dag blamed minute here. first you refer to a her as a him, then to me as a Gentleman?? I'll have you know I am trying very hard to be a Dirty Old Man, ask HTG.

Yeppers - I can verify that. :flap::wink02:

I am also a certified member of DAMM Drunks Against Mad Mothers. so there.

LMAO

I'm a certified member of RYUSYH. Rap You Up Side Your Head. :pin:

So when you hear of a Browns fan, know they are loyal and old, why else would anyone else cheer for our team?

I've been asking that same question for decades. :flap:

We raise our own

Just like turnips. :chicken:

sherlock
01-11-2008, 11:24 PM

Doh!!!....alright then....BROWNS SUCK!!....is that better TBD!! :sofunny:

stillers4me
01-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Sherlock.....as you have seen here, there ARE a few Browns fans that are quite likable.

But, just to set the record straight, everything you've read about Bengals fans is absolutely true.

:sofunny:

The Duke
01-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Sherlock.....as you have seen here, there ARE a few Browns fans that are quite likable.

But, just to set the record straight, everything you've read about Bengals fans is absolutely true.

:sofunny:

except some like Can'tStop85

CantStop85
01-12-2008, 04:44 PM
except some like Can'tStop85

Yeah, I haven't been arrested yet.

stillers4me
01-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I haven't been arrested yet.

You're the exception, CS85.......I guess hanging out around here has been good for you. :wink02:

Pittsburghfan
01-12-2008, 09:37 PM
I Was watching Cops today I could have swore it was a Bungles Game.

Preacher
01-12-2008, 09:47 PM
I Was watching Cops today I could have swore it was a Bungles Game.

Really? Was there a guy with fake gold teeth that couldn't hold on to anything nd kept getting hit like a rented mule?

Pittsburghfan
01-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Well no he had no teeth... Maybe he got hit to hard by a defender...

j-dawg
01-13-2008, 01:40 AM
Great season for the browns and I agree with others in saying that Anderson needs to be re-signed.
Yes, the rivalry is back and I for one am glad to see it. It's been a long time since the Brian Sipe and Bernie Kosar days.

But still, concerning the playoffs this year.......
http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ATA/24818BP~Nelson-Posters.jpg
:flap:

:flap: right back 'atcha!!

this was a turn around year for the Browns.. i don't see why they wouldn't be able to build off this year.. :jammin:

The Duke
01-13-2008, 02:26 AM
:flap: right back 'atcha!!

this was a turn around year for the Browns.. i don't see why they wouldn't be able to build off this year.. :jammin:

I know why, cause the steelers will win the division :tt02:

Preacher
01-13-2008, 02:52 AM
[/b]

:thumbsup:

That would be the reason!

j-dawg
01-13-2008, 10:15 AM
[/B]

:coffee: hmmm... didn't our teams both have a record of 10-6? sure, there's no reason to think the steelers can't win the division next year... but there's no reason to not think my brownies have a genuine chance at it as well or a solid chance at a wild card.

Preacher
01-13-2008, 11:28 AM
:coffee: hmmm... didn't our teams both have a record of 10-6? sure, there's no reason to think the steelers can't win the division next year... but there's no reason to not think my brownies have a genuine chance at it as well or a solid chance at a wild card.

Sure there is!

Steelers 2, Browns 0

Thats why!

:tt02:

(I still like ya J-dawg... just gotta poke at ya) :poke:

MasterOfPuppets
01-13-2008, 11:37 AM
Sure there is!

Steelers 2, Browns 0

Thats why!

(I still like ya J-dawg... just gotta poke at ya) :poke::toofunny:

j-dawg
01-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Sure there is!

Steelers 2, Browns 0

Thats why!

(I still like ya J-dawg... just gotta poke at ya) :poke:

:cheers:

HometownGal
01-13-2008, 01:40 PM
Sure there is!

Steelers 2, Browns 0

Well, actually . . . . I like these numbers better. :thumbsup::tt02:

2004-2007:

Steelers 8, Browns 0

:banana::wink02::tt02:

(j-dawg - I love the loyalty you, CB and TBD show to your team!) :cheers:

CB1977
01-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Well, actually . . . . I like these numbers better. :thumbsup::tt02:

2004-2007:

Steelers 8, Browns 0

:banana::wink02::tt02:

(j-dawg - I love the loyalty you, CB and TBD show to your team!) :cheers:

Aaaawwwwwwwwwwwww...feel the love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

rbryan
01-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Does anybody think that Brady "Now I'm done" Quinn will be starting anytime soon?

I had to laugh the first time I saw that commercial with him. Doesn't seem like they really thought that out before making "Now I'm done" the punchline at the end of the commercial?

revefsreleets
01-15-2008, 06:08 PM
He should start next year. If I was Phil Savage I'd be aggressively shopping Anderson for a first rd pick. You don't invest the kind of money the Browns invested in Brady Quinn (not to mention losing this years 1st rd pick) to sit him on the bench. The Browns have the rarest of things for them: A player they don't need who's actually worth more than a bucket of warm spit. It'll be interesting to see if they screw this whole thing up like they usually do.

CB1977
01-16-2008, 12:53 PM
They did the right thing by keeping him on the bench all season and letting him observe.

Next year, he'll be ready to kick some Steeler azz. :cheer:

LOL

CB1977
01-16-2008, 12:55 PM

Stlrs4Life
01-16-2008, 04:51 PM
They did the right thing by keeping him on the bench all season and letting him observe.

Next year, he'll be ready to kick some Steeler azz. :cheer:

LOL

We already heared the same about Couch, and Frye.

CB1977
01-17-2008, 08:14 AM
It's a new year, baby.

rbryan
01-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Hope springs eternal. In three weeks everyone will be tied for first place again.

I'd still rather be batling it out with the Browns than the bunglers or ratbirds, until the Browns beat us of course, then we'll all remember why we hate Cleveland so much. lol

lilyoder6
01-17-2008, 01:33 PM
i think quinn will be a good qb for the browns... but until they get a def.. they'll keep not making the playoffs.

CB1977
01-18-2008, 12:47 PM
i think quinn will be a good qb for the browns... but until they get a def.. they'll keep not making the playoffs.

...which may happen next season.

We fired our defensive coordinator!!!!! :cheers: