PDA

View Full Version : Hines

Busman
12-31-2007, 12:49 AM
I hate controversy but

Hines has had alot of great catches in his lifetime.. What an amazing feat to surpass the greatest in Steeler history.,,,,,,

Now for what I am seeing as of late.. This year in particular.. Last year I must have been sleeping..

Hines is losing some speed.. The man is a great WR and a great possession receiver and the blocking....OMG.. The man is great as a blocker,

What Hines does not have anymore is the heart.. The reason perhaps he does not have the heart anymore is because he misses some of the coaches.

Feel free to discuss

Busman

p.s. you can talk about double coverage all day but you have to account for some dropped balls

jjpro11
12-31-2007, 01:48 AM
i dont think anyone is going to agree with you on the heart issue with all the 3rd down conversions and tough catches in traffic he's made this year for us. he's still the go-to-guy on the field when we need it most and he gets the job done.

Preacher
12-31-2007, 02:27 AM
I hate controversy but

Hines has had alot of great catches in his lifetime.. What an amazing feat to surpass the greatest in Steeler history.,,,,,,

Now for what I am seeing as of late.. This year in particular.. Last year I must have been sleeping..

Hines is losing some speed.. The man is a great WR and a great possession receiver and the blocking....OMG.. The man is great as a blocker,

What Hines does not have anymore is the heart.. The reason perhaps he does not have the heart anymore is because he misses some of the coaches.

Feel free to discuss

Busman

p.s. you can talk about double coverage all day but you have to account for some dropped balls

You're exactly backwards.

His heart is fine... but he is getting older.... that is why he isn't a threat down field, and losing some speed. It is time for us to pick up another receiver (if we didn't have all the Oline and now D problems :banging:), and move him into the slot.

Elvis
12-31-2007, 04:18 AM
I hope that you were just kidding with your post or you have just jumped on the bandwaggon this year. Hines Ward is one of the most heartfelt players in the league today/yesterday no matter what era your discussing friend. This Ward guy that your talking about is the same one that makes 3rd down receptions game after game. No, he has Never had great speed and I think that is where you are a new fan obviously. If you saw the Super Bowl catch that he made from Randel El, then it should be easy to figure out that it took HInes about 30 seconds to get that far down the field...:wink02:
He's Not Fast...
But He Will Own Every Steelers' Recieving Record B-4 its all said and done..

ohiosteelerfan20
12-31-2007, 04:57 AM
Going into last week, the dumbest post were about Arians and Tomlin. Then this week it was all about Lebeau and how he should be fired. But this post takes it to a whole new level. Hines Ward has lost his heart?:rofl: I mean, what is next, Dan Rooney is a homo.

moedap
12-31-2007, 07:01 AM
Going into last week, the dumbest post were about Arians and Tomlin. Then this week it was all about Lebeau and how he should be fired. But this post takes it to a whole new level. Hines Ward has lost his heart?:rofl: I mean, what is next, Dan Rooney is a homo.

LMFAO. Hines no heart!!! He needs to give his heart to some of the other players on the field(read OL).

touchdownward
12-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Hines Ward.....no heart????..... Oh forget it. :shake01:

BlastFurnace
12-31-2007, 09:07 AM
Can't agree with you there Busman. Hines has the biggest "Heart" on the entire team. If all our players played the way Hines plays, we would have not lost to some of the teams we lost to this year.

PisnNapalm
12-31-2007, 09:08 AM
Put down the crack pipe and step away from the computer.

Hines has more heart than most players. He wears it out in the open for all to see.

He's lost some speed, that is true, but to say he's lost heart... Try inhaling some pure air for a change.

Atlanta Dan
12-31-2007, 09:25 AM
Hines is getting older and was never a burner - for that reason he will need to rework his contract this offseason, not because he has lost "heart."

As for missing the coaches, Hines has never forgotten or forgiven the Steelers spending #1 picks on WRs in 1999 & 2000 after he was drafted in 1998 and being asked to play in the slot in training camp one year, as he stated in a 2006 SI interview - unlike Faneca & Grimm, I do not think Hines lost or misses any drinking buddies from the old regime.

Lord Stiller
12-31-2007, 10:51 AM

LOL

Worst post Ever!!!!!!!

Hines basically carried our whole offense on his back a few games (miami and both cinci games come to mind)

Sure he is getting slower but whats your point?????? Should we cut him to start Cedrick or NAte

LMAO, we have far more pressing issues than worrying about Ward

HometownGal
12-31-2007, 11:18 AM
LMFAO. Hines no heart!!! He needs to give his heart to some of the other players on the field(read OL).

Best post of this thread thus far! AMEN. :thumbsup:

Ask Stabbit Ray and Bart Scott if Hines has "heart". :sofunny:

MACH1
12-31-2007, 12:12 PM
I hate controversy but

Feel free to discuss

Busman

I want some of what your smoking. :smoker:

sherlock
12-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Please be gentle with this Steeler newbie!
I`ve been a Steeler fan some 2 whole months now (i`m something of an NFL expert:sofunny:) and I remember seeing clips of Hines on youtube and being knocked out by what I was watching.Some of the catches he made defied belief.
I`ve only seen 2 Steeler games on TV and both times I was a little dissapointed because Hines seemed a little innocuous on each occasion.It seemed that for whatever reason he wasn`t used a great deal.
I can tell that he is something of a hero to Steeler fans and he was the first Pittsburgh player I got to know in my Steeler inception so this is no way a criticism in anyway.
I didn`t realize Hines was such an NFL veteran, I guess it`s just a matter of getting older...it happens to all of us.Regardless, he`ll always be a hero to me.
Anyway thanks for listening to my ramblings.
GO STEELERS on Saturday !!!!!!

steelpride12
12-31-2007, 12:47 PM
I hate controversy but

Feel free to discuss

Busman

Hines never had speed in the first place my friends. Thats what makes him an elite WR he can get open and make plays being undersized and not having the quickness of many other receivers. He runs routes perfectly and thats a main reason he can get open so quickly.
Hey your a newbie so its ok buddy ill let you off the hook for now, but don't make any more silly post ha! :wink02:

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 12:51 PM
Losing speed? Ward was never the vertical threat in the Steelers offense. He's been the posession reciever for a long time. The reason the Steelers drafted Holmes was to give them a deep ball threat so Heath Miller and Ward could work the underneath stuff. The problem is that Holmes hasn't been the deep threat we all thought he would be so Ward has had to step outside himself too often this season and pull the offense out of the fire.

Without Ward, the Steelers are a 8-8 team and GS is not a Pro Bowler.

touchdownward
12-31-2007, 01:08 PM
I'm a Georgia fan, so I've followed Ward's career since '95. I was definitely delighted when the Steelers drafted him, I knew we were getting a PLAYER with the heart of a lion.
Here's some college career highlights:
As a wide receiver for the University of Georgia Bulldogs (1995?1998), Ward's 144 career receptions for 1,965 yards placed him second in team history. He also played tailback and quarterback, and totaled 3,870 all-purpose yards, second only to Herschel Walker in Bulldogs history. In 1996, Hines had 52 receptions for 900 yards, and also ran 26 times for 170 yards. In 1997, Hines hauled in 55 passes and scored six TDs, getting All-SEC honors in the process.

When he came out of college it was discovered that Ward was missing an ACL in his right knee. [1] This may well have affected his position in the NFL draft.

Maybe the author meant to say he's missing an ACL and not his heart. :wink02:

Galax Steeler
12-31-2007, 02:54 PM
Put down the crack pipe and step away from the computer.

Hines has more heart than most players. He wears it out in the open for all to see.

He's lost some speed, that is true, but to say he's lost heart... Try inhaling some pure air for a change.

agree:sofunny:

Rhee Rhee
12-31-2007, 03:36 PM
dude no one agrees with you... no offense or anything but come on hines basically represented the steelers organization with jerome and joey... heart is not an issue age yes age and playing with heart have nothing in common.... fyi

ohiosteelerfan20
12-31-2007, 04:12 PM
I want to try and match this post. Lets see.

Casey Hampton- is not strong
Ike Taylor- has great hands
Ben- can not seem to break a tackle

HometownGal
12-31-2007, 05:04 PM
The problem is that Holmes hasn't been the deep threat we all thought he would be

Santo played 13 games thus far this season, and out of those 13 games, he has at least one reception of 25+ yards in 8 of those games. He finished the season 52 yards shy of a 1,000 yard season. I think this kid has more than lived up to expectation in his sophomore season.