PDA

View Full Version : Gary Russell

19ward86
12-31-2007, 12:33 PM
5ft 11in
215lbs
MInnesota

How good can this guy be, for those who dont know minnesota(ncaa) runs a 2 back system and this guy paired up with laurence moroney and matched his stats as a sophmore. then he was caught with drugs, kicked off team, gained like 70lbs, and showed up at the NFL combine weighing about 275, running about a 4.8 in the fourty yard dash. since then he lost tons of weight and hopefully got his life back under control.

My point is that if this guy has the ability to be as good as laurence moroney i cant wait to see our running game in the next 2 yrs. i am not saying that in the playoffs he is going to be sweet but once he runs a 4.4 again i would give him a shot at being a huge steal as a free agent pickup.

19ward86
12-31-2007, 02:24 PM
he also had 18 TDs his sophmore year

slippy
12-31-2007, 02:24 PM
it's wonderful and amazing that we keep coming up with UFAs out of nowhere, but colbert and company are in a draft day slump. only two above average players, santonio and anthony smith (maybe), out of the last three drafts.

Galax Steeler
12-31-2007, 02:58 PM
I thought russell looked pretty good running the ball against baltimore his yards per carry was better then davenports.

ShutDown24
12-31-2007, 03:00 PM
Russell did look good, so did Haynes. I haven't been high on Davenoport since we signed him as many of you know... I hope he does better this week though! Go Dookie!

Rhee Rhee
12-31-2007, 03:31 PM
i dont remember him gary russel at all at minnesota... does anyone have a video highlight of him?

Haiku_Dirtt
12-31-2007, 03:54 PM
5ft 11in
215lbs
MInnesota

How good can this guy be, for those who dont know minnesota(ncaa) runs a 2 back system and this guy paired up with laurence moroney and matched his stats as a sophmore. then he was caught with drugs, kicked off team, gained like 70lbs, and showed up at the NFL combine weighing about 275, running about a 4.8 in the fourty yard dash. since then he lost tons of weight and hopefully got his life back under control.

My point is that if this guy has the ability to be as good as laurence moroney i cant wait to see our running game in the next 2 yrs. i am not saying that in the playoffs he is going to be sweet but once he runs a 4.4 again i would give him a shot at being a huge steal as a free agent pickup.

We'll soon find out. Doing a 4.8 with an extra 70 pounds is pretty freakin' amazing.

Wonder how he'll do with defenders in the backfield before he gets the handoff. :help:

fansince'76
12-31-2007, 05:36 PM
.... if this guy has the ability to be as good as laurence moroney i cant wait to see our running game in the next 2 yrs.

Well, Lawrence Maroney has done about jack squat in NE so far. But don't take my word for it, see what some Pats fans have to say about him:

I love Maroney but he couldn't run a hundred yards if he was the only man on the field.

Maroney is special. I really don't think you can truly appreciate just how bad he is unless you see him on a regular basis. I can't remember ever seeing a RB this awful. He literally just dances in the backfield until someone tackles him.

The worst vision and burst I have ever seen in an NFL running back. I'm honestly not 100% certain that Orlando Pace wouldn't have a better chance of coverting a 3rd and 1 than Maroney.

Words can't describe the Lawrence Maroney experience.

We're NOT replacing Parker, at least anytime soon. Please give it up already.

Atlanta Dan
12-31-2007, 05:39 PM
it's wonderful and amazing that we keep coming up with UFAs out of nowhere, but colbert and company are in a draft day slump. only two above average players, santonio and anthony smith (maybe), out of the last three drafts.

Heath Miller in 2005 looks pretty solid right now, certainly more so than the backup safety drafted last year. Too early to say how this year's draft plays out - Troy was not regarded highly at this point in his rookie year

19ward86
12-31-2007, 06:20 PM
i dont think that he was thinking about heath at the time, im pretty sure that we have had a lot of good players in the drafts in the last 3 years but he just forgot, look we also have matt spaeth who looks promising and lamaar woodley,wiliam gay, bryan mcfadden, we have drafted a lot of promising players.

Galax Steeler
01-01-2008, 07:34 AM
i dont think that he was thinking about heath at the time, im pretty sure that we have had a lot of good players in the drafts in the last 3 years but he just forgot, look we also have matt spaeth who looks promising and lamaar woodley,wiliam gay, bryan mcfadden, we have drafted a lot of promising players.

I can't wait to see what some of our people from the 07 draft is going to do next year.