PDA

View Full Version : Harrison might not play

Steeldude
12-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Link (http://www.kffl.com/team/30/nfl)

Steelers | J. Harrison uncertain for playoff game
Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:45:02 -0800

Pittsburgh Steelers LB James Harrison's (shoulder) status for the team's playoff game is uncertain after suffering a shoulder contusion in Week 17.

another player who shouldn't have played so many minutes.

hampton, harrison, polamalu, BR, ward, starks and holmes should not have played at all or at least not so many minutes. i realize a few of them didn't play at all.

steelers2685
12-31-2007, 12:48 PM
+1 I agree totally. Do you recall the play that Harrison got injured on? He was tackling I believe Ross with his left arm when another person on the field flew into either assist with the tackle or try to block and his arm bent way more than it should. He came back in on the following drive though so I didn't believe it was anything serious.

Harrison has really stepped up and took over the Polamalu role this year - flying around the field, making tackle after tackle, being everywhere the ball is. It'll really hurt us if he cannot play :(

Jeremy
12-31-2007, 12:48 PM
This could open up a golden opportunity for someone like Woodley or Timmons to step in and really shine.

steelpride12
12-31-2007, 12:49 PM
We can't afford to have anyone else out Sat against the jags most def. on defense who has lacked its fire power from the beg. of the season.
Harrison seems to be the only linebacker other than Farrior making any plays and losing him would leave our defense with a huge target all over them!

jjpro11
12-31-2007, 12:51 PM
i thought harrison came back in and played and looked fine?

this is getting F'n ridiculous. we arent going to field half the team we had that started the season hot. injuries have been doing us in since clark went down.

Lord Stiller
12-31-2007, 12:51 PM
+1 I agree totally. Do you recall the play that Harrison got injured on? He was tackling I believe Ross with his left arm when another person on the field flew into either assist with the tackle or try to block and his arm bent way more than it should. He came back in on the following drive though so I didn't believe it was anything serious.

Yep, I remember that play and I thought he broke his arm

Steeldude
12-31-2007, 01:04 PM

Harrison has really stepped up and took over the Polamalu role this year - flying around the field, making tackle after tackle, being everywhere the ball is. It'll really hurt us if he cannot play :(

was that the run towards the sideline? it was harrison and another steelers' defender. i thought i saw harrison grimacing in pain before the camera moved.

Lord Stiller
12-31-2007, 01:10 PM
was that the run towards the sideline? it was harrison and another steelers' defender. i thought i saw harrison grimacing in pain before the camera moved.

Yeah that was it

SteelerFanInCA
12-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah, I didn't really understand why Harrison was playing so much either. Or most of the first string D starters for that matter.

BlastFurnace
12-31-2007, 01:14 PM
Yeah that was it

When did this occur? I thought I saw him play the entire game.

Either way, if anyone will "take a shot" of something for the team, it will be this guy.

19ward86
12-31-2007, 02:00 PM
i think woodley can handle a start

Steeldude
12-31-2007, 02:03 PM
i think woodley can handle a start

woodley isn't harrison's backup. it will be either timmons or a. harrison.

Atlanta Dan
12-31-2007, 02:10 PM
I assume Harriosn will play - the link was timed as mid-morning and as of late last night it was stated he would go

Have not heard anything on Tomlin's press conference which I understand will be moved up to today - that will provide updates on Harrison and Starks

Just be glad Cleveland choked against the Bengals so Troy, Ben & Ward could sit yesterday

Galax Steeler
12-31-2007, 02:56 PM
This would be a huge lose if he can't play but hopefully he can.

fansince'76
12-31-2007, 03:17 PM
So much for it being a "minor stinger." :banging: We have yet to suffer any "minor injuries" this year - most of them have been season ending, IR-serious.

Rhee Rhee
12-31-2007, 03:22 PM
wow... lets just hope we'll have enough players for our game against jax

steelerfan29_99
12-31-2007, 03:44 PM
I remember the play and the injury but Harrison came back and finished the rest of the game, regardless while he was out Woodley looked good!!

Welcome To Smashmouth
12-31-2007, 05:40 PM
This could open up a golden opportunity for someone like Woodley or Timmons to step in and really shine.

part of me is thinking the exact same, but then again as the team MVP this team could really use the veteran back there making plays when it really counts.....its win or go home boys

eafratitpm3
12-31-2007, 06:19 PM
I think when Harrison went out they brought in Woodley and moved Haggans to Harrison's side. The series where Woodley had the sack. I think the staff likes Woodley better than Timmons, I hope we didn't waste pick. I really wonder what Woodley could do replacing Aaron Smith at DE.

I was wondering about that also putting Woodley at the DE spot.

Steeldude
12-31-2007, 07:02 PM
I think when Harrison went out they brought in Woodley and moved Haggans to Harrison's side. The series where Woodley had the sack. I think the staff likes Woodley better than Timmons, I hope we didn't waste pick. I really wonder what Woodley could do replacing Aaron Smith at DE.

woodley is way too small to play smith's spot in a 3-4.

Galax Steeler
01-01-2008, 07:37 AM
I would like to see woodley get some more playing time before next year maybe he can against jacksonville.