PDA

View Full Version : Bill Cowher Going To Baltimore!!!!

Elvis
12-31-2007, 02:42 PM
Just Kidding....
But boy... wouldnt that finish our season already?
Just think about it though... it would be a great
fit for Bill to make another run at another
Super Bowl Tittle...
:tt02:

Rhee Rhee
12-31-2007, 03:41 PM
no NO!!!! bill to baltimore?? omgosh i'd be sad for weeks

msafford
12-31-2007, 03:55 PM
You have got to stop these threads. I'm going to have a heart attack. :smile:

Steeldude
12-31-2007, 04:00 PM
i am guessing he will go to either cleveland, atlanta or miami. most likely in 2009

Elvis
12-31-2007, 04:06 PM
I dont see him in Cleveland personally seems to me like Romeo has definitely saved his job with this season and I really dont think that him and Parcells would be a good fit in Miami. But... Parcells wont be there long anyway so maybe in the next 3 or 4 years. I would rather see him Carolina than the others mentioned. I am from here in NC and would like to see the Panthers get back to the play-offs and I dont think that John Fox is the answer anymore, but the Panthers did have alot of injuries this season expecially at the QB spot that cost them their season.
It definitely Not Suprise Me To See the Ravens make a serious run at getting Bill out of retirement though...

BlastFurnace
12-31-2007, 05:06 PM
Cowher will end up in Carolina after next season. Bill has repeatedly said he wanted to wait 2 years. You don't think that John Fox saved his job for another year by accident...do you. The Richardson's are just waiting for Cowher to become available in their own back yard.

NJarhead
12-31-2007, 05:10 PM
Cowher will end up in Carolina after next season. Bill has repeatedly said he wanted to wait 2 years. You don't think that John Fox saved his job for another year by accident...do you. The Richardson's are just waiting for Cowher to become available in their own back yard.

Agreed.

I'll tell you what, if Dick LeBeau retires before then, and Tomlin wants to switch to the 4-3 AND John Fox needs work, he was an outstanding D Coordinator for the Giants. I'd love to see the Steelers pick him up in the event of the above.

Lord Stiller
12-31-2007, 05:32 PM

I agree that Carolina is most likely since it is close to where Cowher lives

I would put the REdskins up there too. Cowher wants to be the highest paid coach and Snyder will pay it

NJarhead
12-31-2007, 05:35 PM
Cowher wants to be the highest paid coach and Snyder will pay it

What makes you say that?

MasterOfPuppets
12-31-2007, 05:45 PM
I agree that Carolina is most likely since it is close to where Cowher lives

I would put the REdskins up there too. Cowher wants to be the highest paid coach and Snyder will pay itThat and he also wants the GM title (ala homgren)

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
12-31-2007, 07:17 PM
What makes you say that?

Cause Snyder is a coach money wh*re. :toofunny:

TroysBadDawg
01-01-2008, 03:19 AM
That and he also wants the GM title (ala homgren)

I agree with that and I think that would be the only thing stopping him from going to Cleveland. Savage has done to much for the team unless he wanted out himself. Otherwise he has a home there.

I am not so sure about Crennel, I think the writong may still be on the wall for him. His refusing to remove Carthon his buddy, saying that they needed to Dummy up the plays was a bit much. Dilfer gat tired on how predictable the calls were, went to Crennel and Crennel refused to do anythng about it, but they traded Dilfer. Now the Browns have Rob Chudzinski and Crennel is taking credit for what Chud has done. None of his own work, Savage brought Chud in. The Defense still has problems and Todd Grantham is still clueless, one of Crennel's hires. I expect some changes in the coaching staff, Defensive Coordinator, picking up some lineman, and hopefully a new HC. Someone who wants to tell the players what to do instead of trying being thier best friend. But hey, this is just my opinion, take it for what it's worth...not much.

PisnNapalm
01-01-2008, 10:41 AM
I should have looked at the author of this thread before opening it. bah...

Atlanta Dan
01-01-2008, 11:26 AM
I thought this subject was nonsense but when out and about this morning I heard a local Baltimore sports talk type on ESPN Radio say Cowher has been seen in the Baltimore area golfing with the Ravens owner - Cowher is the people's choice in Baltimore but any job opening that occurs will have Cowher's name tied to it.

Both Crennel and Coughlin are rumored to be on Parcells' short list in Miami - i could see Cowher ending his sabbatical if either Cleveland or the Giants job opens up

83-Steelers-43
01-01-2008, 11:44 AM
The golf rumors are springing up here in Pittsburgh. IMO, Cowher will not coach next season nor do I ever see him coaching the Ravens.

fansince'76
01-01-2008, 11:46 AM
I thought this subject was nonsense but when out and about this morning I heard a local Baltimore sports talk type on ESPN Radio say Cowher has been seen in the Baltimore area golfing with the Ravens owner - Cowher is the people's choice in Baltimore but any job opening that occurs will have Cowher's name tied to it.

Both Crennel and Coughlin are rumored to be on Parcells' short list in Miami - i could see Cowher ending his sabbatical if either Cleveland or the Giants job opens up

Am I the only one who finds irony in the fact that fanbases of teams that used to yell "Cowher sucks," along with various other putdowns for years when he was the Steelers' HC are now chomping at the bit for him to coach their teams? (Yeah, that's you, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Baltimore)

beSteelmyheart
01-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Am I the only one who finds irony in the fact that fanbases of teams that used to yell "Cowher sucks," along with various other putdowns for years when he was the Steelers' HC are now chomping at the bit for him to coach their teams? (Yeah, that's you, Cincinnati, Cleveland and Baltimore)
Hmm...Although I can't speak for the fan bases, I know that our neighbor/friend/Ravens fan cringes at the thought of Cowher coaching for them & the same goes for my Brown's fan fiancee!:wink02:
But for me, I think it would bring new intensity to our division rivalries & make for some good football.

SteelersMongol
01-02-2008, 02:59 AM
Just Kidding....
But boy... wouldnt that finish our season already?
Just think about it though... it would be a great
fit for Bill to make another run at another
Super Bowl Tittle...

Shoot. I almost had a heart attack. I hope he wouldn't choose any team in our division.

HometownGal
01-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Hmm...Although I can't speak for the fan bases, I know that our neighbor/friend/Ravens fan cringes at the thought of Cowher coaching for them & the same goes for my Brown's fan fiancee!:wink02:
But for me, I think it would bring new intensity to our division rivalries & make for some good football.

That's what they say on the surface. Deep down, they'd sell their left teet and their first born for a chance to have Cowher coaching their teams.

pitt
01-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Thats...Not....Funny...

ChronoCross
01-02-2008, 03:24 PM
If Cowher is to coach again it will be when the Panthers Job comes open in 2009. Cowher already said he will not coach this coming year anyways.

revefsreleets
01-02-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm not sure he'll coach again. He's good at what he does now and will only get better. He's already rich and he gets paid very well to work a few days a week. I'd be shocked if he went back into coaching (and I surprise myself by saying that, because I was previously sure he would).

Atlanta Dan
01-02-2008, 07:53 PM
I'm not sure he'll coach again. He's good at what he does now and will only get better. He's already rich and he gets paid very well to work a few days a week. I'd be shocked if he went back into coaching (and I surprise myself by saying that, because I was previously sure he would).

Has any HC other than Madden stayed away to remain in broadcasting?

revefsreleets
01-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Jimmy Johnson? I don't know, maybe I'm just lazy, but I'll take a 20 year contract working 36 hours a week 36 weeks a year for 3 mil a year over a 4 year deal for 10 mil a year working 100 hours a week 50 weeks a year any old time.

Atlanta Dan
01-02-2008, 08:10 PM
Jimmy Johnson? I don't know, maybe I'm just lazy, but I'll take a 20 year contract working 36 hours a week 36 weeks a year for 3 mil a year over a 4 year deal for 10 mil a year working 100 hours a week 50 weeks a year any old time.

Not JJ - he took the Dolphins job after his first studio spin with Fox - if anyone enjoys the good life it is JJ but I think these guys are hard wired to compete + show they can do it again.

In addition to being a broadcast celebrity when coaching $$ were not through the roof, one factor that might have kept Madden off the sidelines was that he developed a full blown phobia about flying once he quit coaching.

I agree if Cowher does not come back in 2009 he may stay out.

revefsreleets
01-02-2008, 08:35 PM
I was convinced the competitive fires still burned brightly in Cowher. They may still, but I have a feeling he may take the path of least resistance this time.

Stlrs4Life
01-02-2008, 09:00 PM

I agree, maybe next season.

Buzz05
01-03-2008, 07:23 AM
I just thought I would throw this out there. But it has been confirmed by Ozzie Newsome, the Ravens GM, that they ARE gauging Cowher's interest in coming back. It was on the radio this morning. They were also talking about how he will be the perfect coach for their team.

HometownGal
01-03-2008, 07:59 AM
I just thought I would throw this out there. But it has been confirmed by Ozzie Newsome, the Ravens GM, that they ARE gauging Cowher's interest in coming back. It was on the radio this morning. They were also talking about how he will be the perfect coach for their team.

I don't believe Bill is interested in coaching this season from what he said a few weeks back when asked about returning to the NFL next season. He said he is happy doing what he's doing. Besides - I don't believe Cowher would disrespect the Rooneys by coaching an AFCN team now or in the future. If he goes anywhere, I think it will be in Carolina - he gets the best of both worlds there.