PDA

View Full Version : Anderson rumors

Haiku_Dirtt
12-31-2007, 05:04 PM
Heard Ken Anderson could be Arian's replacement in the offseason. After giving it some thought the rumor seems to make sense.

Anyone else getting word?

Atlanta Dan
12-31-2007, 05:12 PM
Heard Ken Anderson could be Arian's replacement in the offseason. After giving it some thought the rumor seems to make sense.

Anyone else getting word?

Where did you hear that? - IMO the heat is off Arians with the collapse of the defense and loss of Parker - may want to get Ben signed up first if his bond with Arians is as strong as claimed

Elvis
12-31-2007, 05:18 PM
Haiku.. to be honest with ya... at the hiring of Ken Anderson as our QB coach in last offseason I Would Have Said "That is the craziest thing I have ever heard of!!" But now that I see alot of improvement in Ben, I think that it might be a good idea. Ben is 3rd in the NFL in passing TD's and is 2nd in Over-All Ratings. That is an awesome stat after last year him leading the NFL in INT's.
I think that this could be a good idea. Arians did great the first 4 or 5 games, but since then our offense has been average..

MasterOfPuppets
12-31-2007, 05:24 PM
i call....:bs:.....the only one who should be canned is the ST coach.

tony hipchest
12-31-2007, 05:25 PM
if this is true, lets hope anderson can shit an offensive line and coach them too.

i heard that about 5 insiders and those familiar with the system, are blaming kevin gilbride and his gusswork, read the defense, offense has been what is killing eli manning and the wr's all year in NYC. (much like it did when he coached here in pittsburgh).

anyone think the complexity and plays taking too long to develop is what the problem is with arians? im not sure if its just the new wrinkles or if arians offense is the equivalent of lebeaus complex defensive schemes.

do we bring in brian billick? :jawdrop:

Steeler in Carolina
12-31-2007, 05:44 PM
Brian Billick is a genius after all.:sofunny:

ohiosteelerfan20
12-31-2007, 05:51 PM
So is the rumor that Arians is leaving, on his own, or is being shown the door?

HometownGal
12-31-2007, 05:54 PM
I don't believe this to be anything more than just another hair-brained rumor. I haven't heard anything that would lend any credence to this around the Burgh. If this were true, the local sports media would be on it like flies on poo.

BlastFurnace
12-31-2007, 06:04 PM
My best friend is a Bengals Fan...I know....I know...I was raised near Cincinnati....but anyways, as a coordinator, the Bengal fans ridiculed Anderson the way we ridicule Arians.

I'm not sure what to think about Arians leaving. All I know is that we scored 400+ points with him as the OC and we have an All Pro QB and had the NFL's leading rusher until he was hurt...all the while with Santonio not being healthy for most of the season.

If I had one complaint about Arians, it's that I still think Heath Miller is underutilized. I think he can be every good as Jason Witten, but his numbers don't reflect it. I realize that Heath has had to stay in and help block for Ben, but hopefully that will be worked on this offseason.

Atlanta Dan
12-31-2007, 06:05 PM
So is the rumor that Arians is leaving, on his own, or is being shown the door?

Unless he plans to be an O-coordinator somewhere else (and I think his contract prevents that) I cannot see him moving on voluntarily - this link to HC candidates among coordinators does not include Arians

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=green_jeremy&id=3152031

HometownGal
12-31-2007, 06:14 PM
If I had one complaint about Arians, it's that I still think Heath Miller is underutilized. I think he can be every good as Jason Witten, but his numbers don't reflect it. I realize that Heath has had to stay in and help block for Ben, but hopefully that will be worked on this offseason.

I believe Jerame Tuman being injured and put on IR for the remainder of the season fairly early on has affected Heath getting the call more often. Tuman is an excellent blocker which freed up Heath for receptions.

19ward86
12-31-2007, 07:06 PM
i think either way would work but i like the freedom ben has now, he just needs to learn how to throw the ball away sometimes.

Rhee Rhee
12-31-2007, 11:00 PM
dude uk the rooney's will never get rid of arians until at least 2010

Galax Steeler
01-01-2008, 08:29 AM
I don't think arians is going nowhere this year if not improved then I could see him leaving next year.

revefsreleets
01-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Better the devil you know?

Arians is going nowhere. I am QUITE surprised, though, to see a coach actually getting credit for a players improved performance.

Glace
01-02-2008, 10:02 PM
*sigh*.....some of you REALLY need to back off of Arians

We have only been given a taste of what our offense will be capable of in the future.

Give the man some time...it was his first year with our core of players.

FourThreeMafia
01-03-2008, 02:16 AM
This is getting old.

If anyone else says they "heard" something is going to happen, please have a link or some type of proof to back it up.

Personally, I think this is made up. At no point did I hear anything about Arians being in trouble. He hasnt been perfect, but he also hasnt been as bad as some people have made him out to be.

Let it go.

Preacher
01-03-2008, 02:43 AM

We have only been given a taste of what our offense will be capable of in the future.

You are absolutely right.

I have NO problem with Arians as of now. Sure, I have wondered about some calls.... however, it may be because he is trying to play to our strengths and against our weaknesses.

If Arians is let go, I will be ticked.

DACEB
01-03-2008, 09:38 AM
I would like to see both coordinators stay in place and also Anderson as QB coach. IMO it would be foolish to start with someone else next year, on either side of the ball.

It is obvious our offense improved this year, no matter what gripes anyone has about the playcalling (including myself). Now factor in the O-line playing better (hopefully) and Ben having even more experience with protections and audibles. Not to mention Arians having a year under his belt with this group. I like what I saw from Ben this year and I will attribute some of that growth to Anderson.

You also must consider that Tomlin to a degree let the coordinators coach. I would think Tomlin will lay more of a foundation for what he expects in the offseason. It would be counterproductive IMO to bring in a new OC next year even if it were Anderson.

I would like to see a new O-line coach!!!

Jeremy
01-03-2008, 09:42 AM

Funny.....I remember hearing the same thing when Mularkey was the OC.