PDA

View Full Version : How important is this game?

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-21-2005, 09:59 PM
If the steelers were to lose this week it would put them 3 games behind the Kittens.
The "experts", say that the steelers might not recover from being 3 down this early.
I personally feel its early, and i also feel the steelers are gonna kick some ass..

But what do you think?
Is this week a MUST win?

Koopa
10-21-2005, 10:02 PM
i think it's a must win, cause they said the bengals schedule gets easier the rest of the way. so a 2 and a half game lead might be to much to over come. this is gonna be a great game hopefully we come out on top

SteelrsRck
10-21-2005, 10:06 PM
our first divisional game with them in first place of course its huge depends what team comes out on sunday

steelrzgirl
10-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Absolutely a must win for both pride and standings.

After we were humilated at the helm of Tommy Pop gun, these guys need to get their chemistry, confidence and momentum back.

LineDown!
10-21-2005, 10:14 PM
A must must win. A loss Sunday will knock the wind out of this team. Something that may take too long to get over.

Lyn
10-21-2005, 10:21 PM
WE need to win. If we dont we wont win the division. Cinncy will be in the drivers seat we need to beat them both times I think to win it. Cinncy is very good they wont lose many.

steelerlyn aka Lyn:)

Va_steeler
10-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Need the win to stay at 500 or better, if we dont we will be fighting for a wildcard for playoffs!

BurghThing
10-21-2005, 10:41 PM
We also need the win to reinstill that "Bungle-ness" back into Cincy. You know its waiting there, just ready to pop out.

pitt
10-21-2005, 11:31 PM
I think it is a must win. We are not very good at playing catch-up. Plus i can't stand that the Bengals are the division leaders. There is something definately wrong with this picture.

BlitzburghRockCity
10-21-2005, 11:33 PM
A must win for both teams, thats why everyone is touting it as the game of the week. If the bungals win they are in control of the AFCN in a big way.. if we win, we bring them back down to earth, prove alot of what we've been saying, let everyone know we're still Kings of the AFCN !

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
10-22-2005, 12:22 AM
It is a must win.
and think!
McFadden might be starting at cornerback
He wants to be like the "train"
Sunday could be his chance........

Prosdo
10-22-2005, 12:53 AM
I think its a must win. After last week the Steelers want to shake that disappointing performance. I think they will.

Rotorhead
10-22-2005, 03:34 AM
I think we need to take Johnson out of his game. I think leaving Troy back (I am pretty sure our d-line can handle the running game) in coverage in the first Q maybe even the half, to lay some big hits on CJ should do that. Once CJ is off his game then more pressure can be put on Palmer with Troy cheating up every now and again should make him make some mistakes. I am worried about our coverage with so many injuries though and hope it does not turn into a shootout. It should be a good game, and our QB pressure needs to step up and hurry Palmer.

Rotorhead
10-22-2005, 03:47 AM
The upcoming difficult games for the Bungles are: pittsburgh, Colts 11/20, Pitts 12/4, Buffalo 12/24 and KC 1/1. I think they can probably beat the bills, lose to colts and its give or take with KC, but I am guessing a loss for Cincy. So if we lose this week you can figure and win the 12/4 they will most likely have 4 losses, maybe only 3 so we would need to win out, if we lose this weekend, to have a chance at the AFCN title. Our schedule gets decidedly easier with only the Colts and Cincy to really worry about. (yeah I know "any given sunday" but based on how the teams are playing). Based on those general observations, this in not a Do or Die game for us. We would at least need to split the games. Then it would be a tie breaker for the division. Of course if we win, we are sitting pretty considering schedules. I think I have too much time to think . . .

tony hipchest
10-22-2005, 12:20 PM
The upcoming difficult games for the Bungles are: pittsburgh, Colts 11/20, Pitts 12/4, Buffalo 12/24 and KC 1/1. I think they can probably beat the bills, lose to colts and its give or take with KC, but I am guessing a loss for Cincy. So if we lose this week you can figure and win the 12/4 they will most likely have 4 losses, maybe only 3 so we would need to win out, if we lose this weekend, to have a chance at the AFCN title. Our schedule gets decidedly easier with only the Colts and Cincy to really worry about. (yeah I know "any given sunday" but based on how the teams are playing). Based on those general observations, this in not a Do or Die game for us. We would at least need to split the games. Then it would be a tie breaker for the division. Of course if we win, we are sitting pretty considering schedules. I think I have too much time to think . . .
thats a good analysis. 10-6 may not be good enough for a wild card spot this year so every game is gonna be approached as a must win but i wont get too worried unless the steelers have 5 losses.

Atlanta Dan
10-22-2005, 01:24 PM
After last week's loss, there is no way to minimize the importance of tomorrow's Cincy game. Lose tomorrow and we are left playing for the wildcard.

Although the Steelers' home playoff record is known to everyone, winning 3 road games as a wildcard (starting with a first round game at New England if Denver & Indy get the byes?) to make it to the Super Bowl is not likely.

Given my guess the AFC West teams will chew each other up, 11-5 should make a wildcard (even though the Steelers lose the tiebreaker to Jax courtesy of Maddox).
Going 8-2 the rest of the way if the Steelers lose tomorrow is certainly doable, given that the only two good teams left on the schedule are the Colts on the road and the Bengals rematch at Heinz Field.

Ladylinebacker#51
10-22-2005, 01:30 PM
I think it is a must win game plus it is a division game.

BB2W
10-22-2005, 02:10 PM
I agree, If this is not a "must win game", and we lose... then the next one definitly is.

By then the Bengals may be running away with the division...

slashsteel
10-22-2005, 04:40 PM
I think they should double Chad with Ike and Hope or with Troy. Take Chad out of the game, you have a good chance of winning.

Cape Cod Steel Head
10-22-2005, 05:46 PM
Good point. Even though we play the pittyful NFC North we need to sweep our divison,which we should be capeable of provided we stay healthy, to ensure us a playoff spot, homefield at least for the first round. I'm not sure if homefield is actually an advantage for us given our recent performances.

I.C. Lights
10-22-2005, 08:09 PM
We also need the win to reinstill that "Bungle-ness" back into Cincy. You know its waiting there, just ready to pop out.

:iagree: Yeah, we'll hedge-off a 3 game gap or whatever if we beat them now, but more importantly, it'll trigger their inevitable self destruction.

Rotorhead
10-23-2005, 08:49 AM
I definately agree that this game is very important, and with a win we will take control of the North no doubt.

AvoidLLoyd95
10-23-2005, 10:24 AM
Winning this game is huge, for the confidence of the Steelers and the humility of the Bungles. The next 4 games are against very beatable teams until the Indy game so if the Steelers can win this one they should take back control of the division. You know the bungles will have a letdown eventually. I'm pretty sure the boys will want to bounce back big after the insurance salesman choked last week. There will be no pressure from the home crowd this week so it is going to be good for Big Ben if he struggles a little. Won't here those boos from the boo birds. Plus it is raining in Cincy today so it will be a ground game, which I think the Steelers have the advantage in.

RoethlisBURGHer
10-23-2005, 02:28 PM
Big game,but not HUGE game.

It's our first divisional game,so to put our stamp on the division we have to win it.

Hammer67
10-23-2005, 02:57 PM

It's our first divisional game,so to put our stamp on the division we have to win it.

I disagree...it is Huge as it establishes dominance of the AFC North and puts the Steelers in the driver seat.

Huge game which the Steelers dominated....

AvoidLLoyd95
10-23-2005, 03:20 PM

Definately a huge win, now they can sweep them at home and if Cincy was supposedly the number one team in the division, then the Steelers just shut all those Cincy bandwagoners up big time. Yoi!

SteelersNation7
10-23-2005, 04:25 PM
This is a hugh,hugh win. We've had two big road wins, San Diego and the Bungels....makes you wonder if we should play playoff games on the road....we sure seem to play much better when our backs or against the wall.