PDA

View Full Version : Rex Ryan

noto45
01-01-2008, 06:07 PM
I am sure I am going to get bashed here but if Dick leaves waht about his as our Defensive Coordinator?

BlastFurnace
01-01-2008, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't mind it at all. Although I hate the Ravens, I love the way they play defense.

ShutDown24
01-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Isn't he still with the Ravens...? Or did he he leave with Billick?

noto45
01-01-2008, 06:55 PM
they canned the whole entire staff

Atlanta Dan
01-01-2008, 07:14 PM
He supposedly is not excluded from consideration for the HC job in Baltimore but my guess is they want to go outside the organization for someone who may have a clue as to how to fix the QB situation.

Ryan would be a definite plus, but I wonder if that is what Ryan sees as a proper step to a HC position and if Tomlin might be looking for some young gun defensive position coach to build his own coaching family.

19ward86
01-01-2008, 07:51 PM
good hire, if dick leaves.

Preacher
01-01-2008, 07:56 PM
He supposedly is not excluded from consideration for the HC job in Baltimore but my guess is they want to go outside the organization for someone who may have a clue as to how to fix the QB situation.

Ryan would be a definite plus, but I wonder if that is what Ryan sees as a proper step to a HC position and if Tomlin might be looking for some young gun defensive position coach to build his own coaching family.

good questions...

However, I see Tomlin as a coach that would rather build a team then build his own legacy in the NFL.

I love the Raven's defense. We have the players to do it here... maybe even better then the Raven's do it.

Yeah.. I say pick him up, even sit him as a LB coach until LeBeau retires, then just move him up.

fansince'76
01-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Yeah.. I say pick him up, even sit him as a LB coach until LeBeau retires, then just move him up.

I think that would be a very good move, actually. Although he's in great shape for his age, let's face it, LeBeau isn't getting any younger and we may have to think about a possible replacement for him sooner rather than later anyway. I also don't want to take the chance we'll get stuck with another Tim Lewis.

Rhee Rhee
01-01-2008, 10:22 PM

would he really take a demotion as opposed to a head coaching job? i dont think so... but if he does then its great!

Galax Steeler
01-02-2008, 04:44 AM
I think he would be a great fit if dick leaves I'd say it would be worth a shot.

noto45
01-02-2008, 08:04 AM
did someone metion Tim Lewis:screwy::puke::puke:

steelpride12
01-02-2008, 08:55 AM
Rex Ryan would be a perfect fit for our defense and his minded play is amazing with the Ravens defense, but for now i want Dick to stay around as long as possible because he is what made our defense so great over the years!

Dynasty
01-02-2008, 05:05 PM
I really, really hope we would be able to hire him. I wouldn't mind if LeBeau retired at the end of the year, and then we hired Ryan... I think he would help us with the hybrid defense cause that's what the Rats run.

fansince'76
01-02-2008, 05:07 PM
did someone metion Tim Lewis:screwy::puke::puke:

Yeah, I did, but I said it would be a good idea to try to get Ryan as a LB coach and then promote him into the DC job when LeBeau leaves, to avoid the possibility of getting another Tim Lewis as a replacement for LeBeau. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Preacher
01-02-2008, 06:33 PM
would he really take a demotion as opposed to a head coaching job? i dont think so... but if he does then its great!

I know... and your probably right.

However, He may know that he isn't head coaching material, much like LeBeau knows it. If so, I could see him stepping down a notch for a year or two, in order to move up into a DC position with the Steelers, and know your head coach and you may stay put for the better part of two decades.

Atlanta Dan
01-02-2008, 06:38 PM
I know... and your probably right.

However, He may know that he isn't head coaching material, much like LeBeau knows it. If so, I could see him stepping down a notch for a year or two, in order to move up into a DC position with the Steelers, and know your head coach and you may stay put for the better part of two decades.

Even LeBeau did not know he was not HC material until after he crashed in Cincy.

I bet Ryan has HC aspirations and I do not think that road goes through Pittsburgh for him.

Dynasty
01-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah, but we can dream, can't we?

SteelersJW
01-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Dick's going to be in the hall of fame someday. I'd love to see him stay with us for a couple more years. If he did leave, Rex Ryan would be a great accusition for the team. I think he'd like to stay in the AFC North and would be attracted to Pittsburgh.

Stlrs4Life
01-03-2008, 08:48 PM
good questions...

However, I see Tomlin as a coach that would rather build a team then build his own legacy in the NFL.

I love the Raven's defense. We have the players to do it here... maybe even better then the Raven's do it.

As a DC now, he would be taking a demotion to be a LBers coach. Plus I think he gets hired as the HC at Baltimore.

Dynasty
01-03-2008, 09:30 PM
no because their owner who has a pastry of some sort as a last name (dont remember what kind) wants a "QB guru" not someone who is a defensive coach.