PDA

View Full Version : Fred Taylor... Hating heinz field

19ward86
01-01-2008, 06:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3176517

this article is fred taylor crying about the grass field at heinz field. he is saying it is a lawsuit pending. get over it taylor.

HometownGal
01-01-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm quite sure Freddie wasn't B & M'ing when he torched our D for 147 yards on that field. With a little help from our D, he'll be crying a lot more come Saturday night.

Hey Fred -

http://www.auburnlane.de/stuff/stfu_yoda.jpg

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
01-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Maybe they should have an :crying01: Waaaaaaambulance :crying01: waiting for him in case something happens because of the field.

Hey Taylor how about we rent a dome for you too... Get over it and if yinz don't like it then you have the option to sit on the bench and not play.

Atlanta Dan
01-01-2008, 07:11 PM
At this point RBs worrying about the field at Heinz may be the most reliable component of the Steelers run D

I noted the story repeated the chestnut about the Steelers players "pleading" to keep the mud - if it is such a preferable field the Steelers should have ranked it higher in the 2006 NFLPA survey

SteelCityMan786
01-01-2008, 07:17 PM
Hey Taylor,

if you have a problem, tell coach Del Rio you retire Now or fake injury?

lilyoder6
01-01-2008, 07:18 PM
i think he should worry about the teams play and not the field.. i doubt the field has any "enemies" and makes teams not like it...

RoethlisBURGHer
01-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Haha, a lawsuit pending. I doubt anu judge would take that case.

stillers4me
01-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Ask Willie Parker how he likes artificial turf now. I don't see him suing anybody.

Preacher
01-01-2008, 08:26 PM
Ask Willie Parker how he likes artificial turf now. I don't see him suing anybody.

Ding Ding Ding.

stillers4me
01-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Would someone do a little research and figure out how many of our current injuries happened at home vs away artificial turf fields?

Ben hurt his ankle on the same turf that brought Willie down.

Rhee Rhee
01-01-2008, 09:13 PM
i always admired fred taylor... until this article... ik heinz field is pretty bad but that was one game in the rain and mud against the dolphins... not the jags... if he's whining about the field so much then don't show up... go home... now im glad that he wasn't ever voted to the probowl... a classless runner who's been gifted with a great o-line and nothing else..

PITTSBURGH -- Fred Taylor isn't worried as much about the Pittsburgh Steelers' home-field advantage as he is their bad field.

Taylor, the Jaguars' star running back, chided the Steelers on Tuesday for their substandard grass field. He also suggested they spend $1 million on artificial turf to improve one of the NFL's worst playing surfaces.

Hines Ward and his Steelers teammates don't seem to mind the field conditions at Heinz Field.

The Jaguars play an AFC wild-card game in Pittsburgh on Saturday night, their second visit there in less than a month.

"That field is terrible," Taylor said in a conference call with Pittsburgh reporters. "That's a lawsuit pending. That's ridiculous."

Taylor's comments were unexpected only because he ran for 147 yards and the winning touchdown on that snow-covered, mushy field during Jacksonville's 29-22 victory in Pittsburgh on Dec. 16.

Also, the Jaguars pride themselves on being a Pittsburgh-like team that wins with the run and a strong defense. Pittsburgh running back Willie Parker calls them "the Steelers of the South."

Taylor, a 10,000-yard career rusher, has 381 yards rushing in his last two games in Pittsburgh, although his 234 yards there in 2000 came on Three Rivers Stadium's artificial turf.

Despite frequent complaints from visiting players about the slippery and often grass-bare field since Heinz Field opened in 2001, the Steelers have stayed with grass mostly because their players often plead with owner Dan Rooney to keep it.

The Steelers put down a new layer of sod after four high school games and a Pitt game were played at the stadium in a span of 30 hours Nov. 23-24. However, monsoon-like rains created ankle-deep water and muck for the Steelers' 3-0 win over Miami on Nov. 26.

An NFL operations official stayed in Pittsburgh the following week to monitor the conditions, and the field held up for the Steelers' 24-10 victory over Cincinnati on Dec. 2 despite more rain.

Snow fell and strong winds blew throughout the Jacksonville game two weeks later, yet the Jaguars outgained the Steelers 421-217 and outrushed them 224-115. The Jaguars were the only visiting team to beat the Steelers in Heinz Field this season.

No matter, Taylor wants to see artificial turf the next time he travels to Pittsburgh.

"I prefer grass, but these cold-weather teams, late in the season, they allow high schools to play on their field and they allow colleges to play on their field," said Taylor, ninth in the league with 1,202 yards rushing. "It just goes completely bad. So I think a million-dollar investment won't hurt their pockets."

The weather may not be the factor for this game it was in the Steelers' last three home games. The early forecast calls for an unseasonably mild daytime high of 49, cloudy skies and no precipitation.

Jacksonville coach Jack Del Rio doesn't share Taylor's dislike of Heinz Field, perhaps because the Jaguars have won their last two games there. They won 23-17 in 2005, when the Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl.

"It's a better field now than it has been," Del Rio said. "Usually at this time of the year, with all the play it gets, it's really worn. All in all, it's a good, solid field."

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin seemed pleased to hear of Taylor's comments, if only because they suggest the field might prove a distraction to the Jaguars.

"Sure it is [an advantage], if he feels that way," Tomlin said. "I don't know anybody on our team that hates our field."

AlleghenyArsenal
01-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Good, hopefully the D will give him a REAL reason to hate not only the field, but Pittsburgh as well. We can do it, but Tomlin MUST have them ready to play, fired up coming out of the tunnel. What a novel idea.

skinart82
01-01-2008, 09:24 PM
So if they lose on Saturday this will be the excuse, not that Steelers beat them. Shut and play fred!

CanadianSteel
01-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Hopefully he will slip a few times early in the game and then the field may get in his head a bit !!
Here's hoping anyhow....

HometownGal
01-01-2008, 09:28 PM
Already posted earlier.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=349208#post349208